What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU officially hires Mel Tucker as new Head Football Coach

Yes. Why do you think that the Colorado HC gig was somehow a consolation prize for Georgia losing to Bama? Tucker was already rumored to Colorado before the game started and was seen being congratulated by Saban and others.

Yes, I’m aware of the rumors but the deal was not done and wasn’t done for another week almost. It’s a legitimate question, if Georgia makes the playoffs does Tucker leave his team immediately? Does he take a job and still coach? Does he hold off and CU goes a different route? We know what happened but I’m still curious what would have happened.

If this smoke surrounding Kirby going to the League is true, I’d wonder about Coach Tucker staying at Colorado.

I haven’t seen that. I wouldn’t want to go to the NFL if I was at Georgia. Millions of dollars and you get to recruit your team? The NFL is just waiting to get fired.

I haven’t seen that. I wouldn’t want to go to the NFL if I was at Georgia. Millions of dollars and you get to recruit your team? The NFL is just waiting to get fired.

The Glazers are terrible owners, so if they want somebody, the dough will be huge. There aren’t too many NFL HC jobs, so people will take notice

If this smoke surrounding Kirby going to the League is true, I’d wonder about Coach Tucker staying at Colorado.
Meh, I’m excited about Tucker but if TB or Georgia wants to pay us to buy him out after being here a month, we wipe out most of the MacIntyre buyout and go hire another coach. Sort of the Temple situation.

Meh, I’m excited about Tucker but if TB or Georgia wants to pay us to buy him out after being here a month, we wipe out most of the MacIntyre buyout and go hire another coach. Sort of the Temple situation.

Sure. It’d just be really tough to find a replacement who’d be a good hire.

It’s looking like our timing was great on the MT hire. Seems like the coaching carousel is firing up again and I’m feeling even better about the hire we got. After all, if Kingsbury ends up an NFL head coach...

Despite a couple assistant hires, we may have gotten a steal. I think the we have to hope that mac was also holding some assistants back as recruiters with his expectations, emphasis and closing ability. If that does end up being true this thing could take off a lot sooner than we think.

Better question is why would Kirby leave UGA for Tampa? I get there are only 32 of those jobs, but I'd rather be the HC at UGA right now..........
With certain coaches it makes sense, but Kirby is obsessed with recruiting and that is the only downside of the college game so that transition makes no sense.

With certain coaches it makes sense, but Kirby is obsessed with recruiting and that is the only downside of the college game so that transition makes no sense.

True. I think he'd listen if Atlanta (or some other team with a QB) called though.

When-Your-Friend-Wont-Let-You-Borrow-Dress.gif

Back