1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The admins are aware of site instability throughout the day today. We have our crack technical staff checking it out, but it is probably the Russians. If you are having any specific issues, please post them to the Customer Service Support Forums and we will get to them in the next 24 to 48 weeks. Thank You

CU-OSU Team Grades

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by boydbuff, Sep 28, 2013.

1. boydbuff

boydbuff Club Member Club Member

Getting a head start on this one to get it out of the way.

Offense: F
    Ugly in every way. OL played terribly which I think has more to do with Connor's early struggles than Connor's playing. Weather didn't help Connor either but he played a bad game. Hope he gets his mind right after this. Only good thing-Adkins is the real deal.

Offensive Coaching: F-
    Did not think they called a very good game. SOme of the screens and edge plays had Powell in there instead of Adkins. In general not a well called game

Defense: C-
    Honestly they played pretty decently in the first half. They were behind the 8 ball so often b/c our offense sucked and so did special teams. The 2nd half they looked worse. I don't think they quit but they certainly had their energy knocked out of them. Still need to get more pass rush.

Defensive Coaching: B-
    Don't think they had a bad game called. Especially in the 1st half OSU had few easy plays and we didn't blow much coverage.

Special Teams: F
    What can I say. Yes we did show improved coverage but then we blew a bunch of returns and turnovers which killed any chance of getting back in the game.

Special Teams Coaching: Z
    What's worse than F on the scale. Again, we have a full-time dedicated ST coach and they are screwing up too often. This shouldn't happen. How do you explain an upback diving to try to stop a ball on its way by him? That is coaching.

Overall, very disappointing game to watch. I am not ready to completely throw out the towel on the season. I think we were rusty after 3 weeks off. Weather didn't help. On the road. And we played a pretty bad game. We could still win a few games this year but a bowl game is not happening even if we play Incarnate World on Oct. 19th.

2. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

Adkins: B+

Defense: C+ til they got tired. Coaching was subpar, pressure on Mannion = he was inaccurate and average. No pressure = Manning.

Everything else: F

Neinas: F-

3. GoonieBuff

GoonieBuff Not really Club Member

Why not an A for Adkins? He received the same ****ty blocks that everyone else did.

4. White_Rabbit

because I'm angry?

5. DrunkPanda

DrunkPanda Active Member

Got blown out by a bad team... something smells like last season...

6. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Offense: F

Defense: C-

Special Teams: F

7. GoonieBuff

GoonieBuff Not really Club Member

Don't become a teacher. That being said, I understand.

8. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

Offense F- obvious
    Defense F- gave up 40+ and OSU QB is not that good. Poor tackling, and the DB's failed to make several plays and d line was non-existent.
    Special Teams F- ugh

9. thisbuff

thisbuff Club Member Club Member

Offensive F. It was like the coaches were going to "let" OSU spend their efforts on Richardson and we game planned around him. Such a bad offensive ballgame.

Defensively I give a C.

10. ZKobalt

ZKobalt Well-Known Member

I don't know how you can say that. Coming into the game, he had 15 TD and 1INT and a pass completion % of 70%. He's pretty good.

11. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

Mannion is a damn good college QB. He (and his line) were the reason the Beavers were a legit top 25 team last year. We couldn't get pressure on a crappy OL. That does not bode well for when we play teams with a good OL.

12. White_Rabbit

Heh. People always tell me I'd be a good teacher. I probably wouldn't grade while drunk and angry if I were. I suppose I can amend Adkins' grade to an A since he really didn't do anything wrong. Hope we see a lot more of him going forward. He's light years better than TJ and Powell.

13. SuperBuff

SuperBuff Club Member Club Member

Orms-F much like most games in his career, Secondary- d- Bell didn't show much of course that could be due to the other DB's missing or biting on plays. D-line D- whether it was play call or lack of execution, outside of a few plays did not show well.

14. GoBuffs08

Mannion was 27 of 52. At a minimum 3 of his passes were prayers into double coverage where the CU DB's failed to make a play and he made completions and at least two were on third down, resulting play first down and all drives ended in TD's. There were several 5 yard passes with missed tackles turned into 15+ yard gains. When he and OSU play anyone with a decent D Line he will get smoked. CU let him have way to much time to sit and find open receivers.

15. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

QB has worst game of season. Throws 6 TDs.

Mannion is a very good college QB.

16. GoBuffs08

Or we are a very bad team

17. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

His guys also had a lot of drops.

SEASONCMPATTYDSCMP%YPALNGTDINTSACKRATRAW QBRADJ QBR

I wish CU had a QB as bad as him for the past 3 years.