What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU picked 4th in North by media

With no first place votes. I love proving people wrong.

North Division
1. Nebraska (17) 172
2. Kansas (12) 164
3. Missouri (3) 124
4. Colorado 100
5. Kansas State 81
6. Iowa State 33

South Division
1. Texas (17) 174
1. Oklahoma (15) 174
3. Oklahoma State 130
4. Texas Tech 89
5. Baylor 75
6. Texas A&M 33

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/big12/0-...tie-and-Nebraska-to-win-Big-12-divisions.html
Nebraska's chances of winning the North depend on upsets - a few upsets and the North champ could very well have a 5 - 3 record. The Big 12 Championship game will not be competitive again.

unless we run the table at home and don't falter in Ames or Manhattan, i think we'll have a ****-storm of a tie-breaker of at least two 5-3 teams. like 05.

Yep they do, my bad. Point being, is this another one of those years where the north champ finishes 4-4 ?

the funniest thing will be seeing NU fan talk about how they "are back" again after winning 8 games...jus like they did with Billy boy Callahan. who had 9 star recruits and invented the forward pass for Heisman candidates like Sam Keller and Harrison Beck.

the funniest thing will be seeing NU fan talk about how they "are back" again after winning 8 games...jus like they did with Billy boy Callahan. who had 9 star recruits and invented the forward pass for Heisman candidates like Sam Keller and Harrison Beck.

Okay...I won't make a comment!

HAPPY GUYS??!?

Nebraska?

Them and what offense???:wtf:

And Texas?

Agree to disagree...

The same offense that had the 12th best qb in the nation and put up 3600 yards in the air....not to mention the ground game.

We weren't spectacular by any means but the north is weak as **** this year.

The same offense that had the 12th best qb in the nation and put up 3600 yards in the air....not to mention the ground game.

We weren't spectacular by any means but the north is weak as **** this year.

How can it be the same if the "12th best qb in the nation" isn't on the team anymore?

I think this is a great omen. Why? Because I am about 90% sure that the buffs were picked to finish 4th in both 04 and 05, and won the division both years. While I'm less confident of this fact, I think NU may have been picked to finish 1st both of those years as well.:thumbsup:

I remember 04 because I had a ticket for CU to win the conference at 50-1 that year, so the ass kicking by OU was especially painful.

Last edited:
How can it be the same if the "12th best qb in the nation" isn't on the team anymore?

Because we've retained a good portion of our team from last year. Yes, we have a question mark at qb. Mizzou lost almost everyone, Kansas is looking good, k state...well...it's k state. ISU is ISU and we have Colorado who had a decent season.

I would think Kansas and NU would be the logical picks for #1 in the north.

I see what you mean, HF.

Im not saying we are going to win the north. These guys pick based on where the teams are at from last season and how well they played. Can't blame them for making logical choices.

How do you think the rankings in the north should go? Honestly, like it was your job and you had to chose correctly?

Im not saying we are going to win the north. These guys pick based on where the teams are at from last season and how well they played. Can't blame them for making logical choices.

How do you think the rankings in the north should go? Honestly, like it was your job and you had to chose correctly?

NU
KU
CU
Mizzou
ISU
KSU

Dude. I was responding to your comment that the Husker offense would be the same, in spite of the fact that NU has a new QB, that's all.

Deep breath, man...

Other than that I pretty much agree with most of the posters here: north should be wide-open. Helps that CU gets Mizzou, Kansas and NU at home, and that MU and Neb are breaking in new qbs.

The deciding factor is that CU gets all of the "contenders" at home this year. I believe we win all three. If all or some finish with the same record as us, then we get head to head tiebreaker on each of them. If we lose one or more of those games, it's a clusterfuk.

CU
KU
NU
MU
ISU
KSU

Dude. I was responding to your comment that the Husker offense would be the same, in spite of the fact that NU has a new QB, that's all.

Deep breath, man...

Other than that I pretty much agree with most of the posters here: north should be wide-open. Helps that CU gets Mizzou, Kansas and NU at home, and that MU and Neb are breaking in new qbs.

I can see it now, if the Buffs were to win the north all the naysayers will be claiming how the schedule was to our advantage.

th_image001.jpg

I can see it now, if the Buffs were to win the north all the naysayers will be claiming how the schedule was to our advantage.

th_image001.jpg

I don't like blaming schedules so I wouldn't. The system is flawed and everyone plays in the same flawed system. It is what it is. Ours isn't much tougher.

Back