What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU players sick of being bashed on message boards

Prior to the CSU game, Brooks conducted a series of unit evaluations (we're talking football here) for the Buffs. During the linebacker portion of that series, one of the linebackers mentioned that they'd need to cover up for the D-line's mistakes because they were young and inexperienced. I'd imagine that was motivating.

Our offense, defense, and special teams all suck.

I hope the team reads this and uses it as the motivation to f-ing win a game!

I guess they need to get fired up by negative message boards. Playing CSU to start the season was not enough reason to get fired up.

Playing Toledo on national tv after getting abused by CSU was not enough reason to get fired up.

I guess it took til game 5 to get fired up. We still got killed, but hell, the D line was fired up.

You're the one saying the "young man" was taking a jab at internet fans. If he truly was taking a jab, as you suggested, then it was a stupid move on his part.
Why would that be? Did he hurt your feelings?

I don't want players reading message boards if they're going to get their feelings hurt. This is football, not cheerleading (despite all the cheerleaders we have on this board).

Trust me - you will never be mistaken for a chearleader...well unless you look like one which is possible I guess. :smile2:

As for your comment about it being stupid for him to make the statement, I don't blame a kid for taking a jab. Regardless of all of the Hawk bashing, the kids have a right to feel indicted themselves. It is their play on the field that is a major component that leads to all of the bashing. Pretty damn hard to separate IMHO.

Regardless, we fans have a right to say whatever the hell we want. You just hope that the kids are getting good guidance throughout the process to ignore all of the hoopla when things are going good or bad. They just need to understand that they need to remain focused on what they need to be doing and just let all of the outside distractions take their course.

You may want to pick up todays Denver Post and check out the "CU Briefs." The men do read these message boards.

I have doubts about the title of this thread being true...

If you play div. I college football, or NFL, or whatever, you can expect to be publically bashed a bit if you are not playing well and making excessive mistakes. This is not mutually exclusive to CU football. If anything, we are "mild" in this respect, compared to say the Huskers or 'Horns fan sites.

I like that this site prohibits bashing of players, but acknowledges the coaching staff is fair game.

If I were to acknowledge it true that CU players are "sick of being bashed on message boards", and were publically stating it, I would also have to acknowledge my team is a bunch of whining lil' sissies.... And folks I am just not willing to do that.

Regardless, its time to sack-up and play some goddamned football!

News flash, CU fans/doners are sick of not being competitive.

Another news flash: internet sCUm tired of bearing the brunt of the ire from the coach of the Buffs. Internet sCUm would prefer the man go out and win some games instead of pissing and moaning about internet sCUm. :thumbsup:

you have t admit some of the internet guys are a little off the deep-end.

you have t admit some of the internet guys are a little off the deep-end.

What Hawk seems to miss is a lot of the internet scum are the same as the people who fill Folsom on fall Saturdays. It's not a different group of folks. So does he appreciate the fans or is he telling us to **** off?

I don't think he's referring to the average fan on here as the scum. Try Netbuffs or the more vocal posters on here locally (off the deep end)

I don't think he's referring to the average fan on here as the scum. Try Netbuffs or the more vocal posters on here locally (off the deep end)

He doesn't seem to care for anyone with a contrary opinion to his own...

If players don't like being critiqued by the media or on internet boards then they shouldn't be playing big-time college football. This is 2009 and that's the nature of today's high-tech world, like it or not. :huh:

What Hawk seems to miss is a lot of the internet scum are the same as the people who fill Folsom on fall Saturdays. It's not a different group of folks. So does he appreciate the fans or is he telling us to **** off?

I would go as far as to say that some of the internet scum are some of the most ardent supporters of the team. Hawk is pissing off what should be his most loyal supporters. Anyone can go to a game on the weekend and then not worry about the team until the next weekend for the next game. It takes a special type of fan (masochist?) to get on the boards all week and discuss the team ad-nauseaum.
Its always seemed backwards to me that these are the fans that coaches go after.

I would go as far as to say that some of the internet scum are some of the most ardent supporters of the team. Hawk is pissing off what should be his most loyal supporters. Anyone can go to a game on the weekend and then not worry about the team until the next weekend for the next game. It takes a special type of fan (masochist?) to get on the boards all week and discuss the team ad-nauseaum.
Its always seemed backwards to me that these are the fans that coaches go after.
I've always thought the coach ought to come on the message board sites from time to time. Maybe do a one hour chat or something.

CU players should be sick of being bashed on football fields. We aren't bashing them, just the performances. We want to win.

All school fan boards get pissed and say stuff about the team's playing, not usually specific players....although QBs take a lot of heat.

It happens everywhere, no matter what school.

So they should either get a clue and stop reading boards or stop taking it to heart and just go play tough football.

Maybe that's part of the problem....they are overly sensitive about what is said on message boards instead of concentrating on improving their game play.

Maybe that's part of the problem....they are overly sensitive about what is said on message boards instead of concentrating on improving their game play.
facepalm1.jpg

This is absolutely ridiculous. It's totally fair to critique play on the field - if players don't like it, play better or stop reading.

Back