What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Press Release - Kurt Gulbrand new Assistant VP and Associate AD for Development

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
BOULDER - The University of Colorado Foundation has named Kurt Gulbrand as an assistant vice president and associate athletic director for development, effective November 7. Gulbrand will lead fundraising efforts to support the Buffaloes’ 16 Division I teams and manage the Foundation’s Boulder athletics development staff of 14.

Gulbrand comes to the CU Foundation following 11 years at the University of Michigan, where as assistant athletic director/development he successfully solicited more than $67 million in gifts and served as department representative in Michigan’s $3.2 billion capital campaign. Gulbrand has been in collegiate athletics development since graduating from Oregon State University in 1995 with a degree in organizational sports management.

“Kurt will make an immediate impact as a leader of the Buff Club due to his proven experience, talent, and expertise,” CU Athletic Director Mike Bohn said. “Development efforts and fundraising results are high on our list of priorities to ensure long-term viability in the Pac-12 Conference. Our donors and fans will connect with his genuine personality and skill set, which is consistent with our Shoulder-to-Shoulder efforts. He has contagious energy and unequivocal passion for student-athletes and their on- and off-field success. He inherits an enormous opportunity to engage new prospects, and understands the sense of urgency to capitalize on our historic move.”

Gulbrand comes to CU at an exciting and vital time for Buffs athletics development. In CU’s first season in the Pac-12, the Buffs won the first two championships sponsored by the expanded league, the men’s and women’s cross country titles, on October 29. The move broadens CU’s reach in West Coast markets with a high proportion of successful alumni and supporters?four times as many as had been in Big 12 states?as the Buffs pursue development priorities including growth in their scholarship pool, support for a new court-sports practice facility, and execution of other capital upgrades.

“My family and I are humbled and honored to be joining the CU Foundation and Buffs families,” said Gulbrand. “The opportunity to join one of the finest academic and athletic institutions in the country is extremely exciting. I am thrilled to be part of a highly motivated, well-respected team dedicated to maximizing the student-athlete experience.”

Born in Southern California, Gulbrand enjoys spending time with his family (wife Deborah, a registered nurse; Colton, 6; Bryce, 5), golf, fishing, and skiing.

Founded in 1967, the nonprofit CU Foundation partners with the University of Colorado to raise, manage, and invest private support for the university's benefit. The Foundation is currently undertaking Creating Futures, a $1.5 billion fundraising campaign to enhance University of Colorado education, research, outreach, and health programs benefiting citizens throughout and beyond Colorado. Visit www.cufund.org for more information.

Cool. Sounds like this guy knows what he's doing. This is a step in the right direction.

Sounds like some of that commitment from the top thing we have all been wondering about.

The very fact that you needed to ask renders the question moot.
Not necessarily true. What if the purpose of my question was to establish that there needs to be a new name on the allbuffs list of administrative shame?

Pleasantly surprised the first we hear about this is the University press release. Welcome, Kurt, now show us you´re up to the task. Whatever you do.

Not necessarily true. What if the purpose of my question was to establish that there needs to be a new name on the allbuffs list of administrative shame?

If that was the purpose, you wouldn't have prefaced your question with the exclamation of "Finally!"

If that was the purpose, you wouldn't have prefaced your question with the exclamation of "Finally!"

And point back to me. :smile2:

(sacky may need to represent my interests in all arguments from this point forward)

I must disagree. Saying "finally" also applies to the hypothetical I posed. As in "finally! someone who will do their job!" just like you are suggesting "Finally! someone to do the job!"

Next?

I must disagree. Saying "finally" also applies to the hypothetical I posed. As in "finally! someone who will do their job!" just like you are suggesting "Finally! someone to do the job!"

Next?

If that was your intent, you wouldn't have followed up with the question as to whether or not there was already somebody on staff in this job.

If that was your intent, you wouldn't have followed up with the question as to whether or not there was already somebody on staff in this job.

Mayhap. Or maybe I was just making sure what I thought (that there was someone in the position) was true.

Back