What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Rebranding image

I sincerely hope their $780,000 paid for more than just a logo. Please tell me they're getting more than a logo for that money. Please?

I sincerely hope their $780,000 paid for more than just a logo. Please tell me they're getting more than a logo for that money. Please?

From the article that sounds like all they got. They still have to pay to replace all the old logos now.

Saw this article, laughed out loud when they said "it took longer than expected". Does the logo not look identical? Kudos to the agency that won this bid.

All I have to say is that next time anyone bitches about athletic spending, this article should be immediately sent to them.

We needed a consistent style book for all departments. It is very important to present the CU brand to the public in a way that constantly reinforces the brand. Same font, same colors, etc. for all messaging. This is solid, basic marketing.

However, if we paid $780k for a style book then that firm made out like bandits.

We needed a consistent style book for all departments. It is very important to present the CU brand to the public in a way that constantly reinforces the brand. Same font, same colors, etc. for all messaging. This is solid, basic marketing.

However, if we paid $780k for a style book then that firm made out like bandits.

420,000 for the gray box, 330,000 for the | symbols between the campus names, and 30,000 for the font. I'd say that's pretty fair.

It's very sad that CU has been run by stupid, small-time, mediocre people for, oh, the last twenty years. An undergrad could do a better job than that for $100 bucks. What a waste. We could have gotten five cam newtons for that kind of money.

Last edited:
It's very sad that CU has been run by stupid, small-time, mediocre people for, oh, the last twenty years. An undergrad could do a better job than that for $100 bucks.

Plus they'd have it done the night before whatever deadline you set. It could be next week, next month, or whatever. But a two year overrun?

It's very sad that CU has been run by stupid, small-time, mediocre people for, oh, the last twenty years. An undergrad could do a better job than that for $100 bucks. What a waste. We could have gotten five cam newtons for that kind of money.

We'd fit in nicely in the Pac-12 South with USC and ASU. USC is on probation and ASU has been on probation more times for all sports than any athletic department in the nation. No wonder OU fans were excited about joining the Pac-10 before Bevo pulled them back into the Big 12.

all they did was take the "boxed" ends off the U and half of the C. bravo.

the old boxed style looked better.

So they spent the money they could have used to can DII and bought a new logo. I would have done it for a mere $775K. I would have paid Thujone over at Shaggy Bevo $5K and a case of Lone Star, gotten a better product and pocketed the rest.

If all they got was a new logo, then somebody needs to be fired over this. I sincerely hope whatever company they contracted with is doing more in terms of marketing for the University.

If all they got was a new logo, then somebody needs to be fired over this. I sincerely hope whatever company they contracted with is doing more in terms of marketing for the University.

I believe they have a slogan and theme song to do too...

I have heard rumblings about an ad campaign called "Let's Go Buffin'", set to Beach Boys music...

When viewing the article did you all notice the headline that the Camera bought the Longmont Times Call?

if that money is for that logo and nothing else, than i'm in the right field but with the wrong company....wow.

When viewing the article did you all notice the headline that the Camera bought the Longmont Times Call?

The Camera didn't buy the Times Call. The parent company that owns the Camera, the Post, and about 60 other papers bought Lehman Communications, which operates four local papers.

Even so, this sucks. It sucks hard. I know Dean Lehman and I know this has to be eating him alive. I just pray to God the Times Call doesn't descend to the depths of sucktitude that the Daily Camera has.

"But I think faculty will have significant reservations about the amorphous value of these changes relative to the very real, and substantial, costs of the project," Rosse said.

Who says CU is strapped for money? Plenty o pork here. You can get a new logo design at any graphics company for about $100. Must have been those dozens of meetings and paper shovelling - unbelieveable. B S

Just a total lack of imagination or style in that logo. I question whether it can even be called a logo. CU has so much potential, but it appears to be run by a public high school principal. Make that a junior high principal. Very risk averse, lowest common denomenator.

Last edited:
"But I think faculty will have significant reservations about the amorphous value of these changes relative to the very real, and substantial, costs of the project," Rosse said.

Who says CU is strapped for money? Plenty o pork here. You can get a new logo design at any graphics company for about $100. Must have been those dozens of meetings and paper shovelling - unbelieveable. B S

Ah, but this is a strategic re-branding blah blah bah...

What happened to all these big donors ? They fire hawk, bring in embree and our rich alum still sit on their asses?

I honestly believe my daughter, a recent CU Studio Art/Art History major could have done this at half the price :smile2:

I traded the cost of designing my company logo for preparing a quarterly sales tax report for the guy who did it. Unfortunately, that is somewhat less than a $750k value...

Back