What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Recruiting Class of 2012

RSSBot

News Junkie
By Stuart

[h=1]Colorado Recruiting Class of 2012[/h][h=2]*[/h][h=2]CLAY NORGARD – FB[/h]Just the facts … Committed February 17th … Norgard is a defensive tackle who will*be moved to*fullback*in college. Norgard is from Mountain Vista high in Highlands Ranch, Colorado. Norgard is 6’2″, 245-pounds, runs a 4.54 in the 40, and carries a 3.3 GPA. Norgard was an early enrollee for the Class of 2012, with his commitment counting*towards the Class of 2011. Norgard is already taking classes at CU, and*is eligible to participate in spring practices.*Rivals bio*Scout bio*2010 YouTube highlight video*ESPN bio
*What others say about Norgard … Norgard is considered to be a three-star prospect by both Rivals and Scout, by*Rivals as a fullback, and by Scout as a defensive end. Rivals rated Norgard as the No. 4 fullback prospect in the nation, and the No. 7 overall prospect out of the state of Colorado in 2011.
Norgard had other offers from … A number of schools. Despite*committing to Colorado just a few weeks after Signing Day, 2011, other schools continued to pursue Norgard.*Arizona, Kansas State, Syracuse, Colorado State, Air Force and Wyoming were amongst the schools who remained in*touch with Norgard. Had he not committed so early, the number of offers would surely have increased. After his junior year,*Norgard indicated that he felt his recruitment might take all summer. “My dad keeps telling me,” Norgard said in December, 2011, ” ‘As soon as you find the right school, you’ll know’ “. Apparently, Norgard found the right school after meeting with the new Colorado coaching staff. “I was thinking about playing it out, but I hadn’t felt the connection with any other school, any other coaching staff, like I have with CU,” said Norgard. “I didn’t get excited about playing football for any other school except for CU.”
In his own words… “I just love to play the game,” Norgard told BuffaloSportsNews.com. “I played fullback in high school some. I know how to block and I think my speed from linebacker will carry over.” Norgard indicated that*is looking forward to helping the Buffs right away. He added that he’s not discouraged by the Buffs’ 3-10 season. “I thought they handled it very well,” he said. “It’s tough to come in (as a new coaching staff) and play like that right off the bat, but I thought the coaches did a very good job this season.” As to his new position, “I am excited about the opportunity to play fullback. It will give me a chance to get on the field since the depth chart is really thin there,” Norgard told BuffStampede.com. “Even though I haven’t played fullback before, I feel like my skills will fit me well there. I think I will be a good blocker.”
Norgard’s family connection to CU has been well-documented. Both of his parents graduated from CU. His dad Erik Norgard was an all-conference offensive lineman for the Buffs before an 11-year career in the NFL. The younger Norgard grew up cheering for his parents’ alma mater. “I have no idea what it will feel like when I put on a Colorado helmet for the first time this spring,” he said. “It seems almost too good to be true right now.”
[h=2]ALEX KELLEY*- C[/h]Just the Facts … Committed October 4th, 2010*… Kelley is an offensive line prospect from Vista High school in Vista, California. He is 6’3″, and weighs*295 pounds. Kelley was a member of the Colorado recruiting Class of 2011, but broke his foot last*June, and grayshirted. Kelley enrolled in January (he and Norgard are roommates), and he will still have five years to play four.**Rivals bio**Scout bio*YouTube video highlights
What others say about Kelley … Alex Kelley was considered to be a three-star prospect by both Rivals and Scout. Kelley was listed as the 22nd-best center prospect in the nation by Scout.com, and the No. 2 center in the west. Kelley was a SuperPrep All-Far West team member, the 98th-best player in the region, and the 15th-best offensive lineman. Kelley was a two-time*all-league player for the Vista offensive line, and is also an all-league wrestler. Kelley helped Vista to a 12-1 record and a CIF Southern Section Division 1 championship. In the title game, the Panthers gained 313 yards rushing. In his senior year, Kelley totaled 108 pancake blocks.
Kelley had other offers from … Boise State, Minnesota, San Jose State, Nevada, San Diego State and New Mexico State. Kelley also had interest from Iowa State, USC, Kansas and*UCLA. Kelley took only one official visit, to Colorado for the Georgia game, and committed that weekend.
In his own words… “A hole snuck up on me …”, Alex Kelley told BuffStampede.com about how he broke his foot while running along the beach near his home in Vista, California, last June. “I heard it pop right away and I was hoping that it was a sprain but after about a day, it was getting super swollen and I went to the doctor because I realized it was pretty serious,” Kelley said. “The injury was frustrating but it was a freak accident. I wasn’t doing anything stupid. I was just running on the beach and it happened. Now I just have to come back stronger than I was before.”
By November, Kelley was fully healed. “My foot was pretty messed up and I wouldn’t have been able to do much and it would have been hard to get around Colorado,”*Kelley told BuffStampede.com. “But my foot is completely healed now. I started running a month ago and I started lifting heavily. I am doing a bunch of weight on squat now. I am feeling great.”
Kelley took a Math course at MiraCosta College this fall. He*also followed a workout plan provided by Colorado strength and conditioning coach Malcolm Blacken. “I pretty much just workout all day because I have nothing else to do,” Kelley said. “Grayshirting has been good. It gives me an extra year of growing and maturing. I think it has been a good thing. I am a lot stronger than I have ever been. I can lift a lot.”

Originally posted by CU At the Game
Click here to vie

Back