What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Schedule 2010-2011

SECOBuffsFan

Bzdelik had mentioned that he had scheduled a game with a SEC team to be televised on ESPN....does anyone know the possible opponent and if that is still going to happen....my guess is Vanderbilt.

Oregon State comes here if I am right for the Big 12/Pac 10

Also, are we in the Las Vegas tournament this coming season?

Who else would you like to see us play in future schedules and not necessarily next year...my top 5

1) Michigan State - test our toughness early
2) Notre Dame - try to get a football/basketball deal with them
3) Denver - with them on the upswing, I'd rather play them than a Div. II school like CU usually does
4) Gonzaga - good barometer and we should be going after the same level of kids as them
5) St. John's in Madison Square Garden

Not Vandy. And no reason it shouldn't still be on.

We are definitely in the Vegas tournament. We'll get 2 games at the CECC and then play 2 in Vegas on Thanksgiving weekend.

I like the Denver matchup. Good RPI win. I'd also like to see us playing Air Force and Northern Colorado in addition to our annual with CSU. Why not play all 4 in-state D1 programs every season? Low travel costs and it would stimulate more basketball interest from the local media / fan base.

I also think it would make a ton of sense to do a regional road trip every year. Hit the northeast 1 year, the southeast the next, then the Great Lakes region, etc., etc. Start getting some more national exposure for CU and also use these roadies as selling points in recruiting. "CU is a national program that plays a major preseason tourney and also tours one region of the country every season."

I would much rather see CU play Air Force and UNC than Colorado College or Western State....that is just dumb for CU to take the RPI hit like that.

The regional tour is a great idea....I also think we need to get into the fertile recruiting areas like Houston and Dallas in Texas

what's the status of the Big XII-Pac 10 challenge? I assume if it's still something that exists we play a Pac team. We should mos def recruit Dallas and Houston. SMU, TCU, Houston, Rice....all teams we could play in the region.

We are definitely in the Vegas tournament. We'll get 2 games at the CECC and then play 2 in Vegas on Thanksgiving weekend.
I was looking at the Las Vegas Invitational, figuring that was the tournament you were speaking of, and I did not see colorado listed, I saw Northern Colorado. Did CU get bumped?

I was looking at the Las Vegas Invitational, figuring that was the tournament you were speaking of, and I did not see colorado listed, I saw Northern Colorado. Did CU get bumped?

It looks like it was mis-reported and we're playing in the Las Vegas Classic, which is December 22nd and 23rd. I'm trying to confirm and was going to start a thread when I was able to.

And here it is: http://www.orleansarena.com/event-calendar/las-vegas-classic

I'll start a new thread.

Back