What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Don Brown - DC University of Michigan

Not that anyone considered it serious, but looks like Don Brown isn't interested in being a HC:

How good is Michigan's Don Brown? 'No one better,' Harbaugh says

"If you said to me, 'Hey! How would you like to coach offense?' I'd have no interest in doing that. Zero!" Brown said. "I just like the challenge of stopping people. The demeanor and the culture that you try to develop on the defensive side of the ball fits my personality better. In life, you figure out who you are."

If you could make over a million dollars a year doing what you love and enjoying a ton of respect from peers, why would you chase a job you wouldn't like that had more stress and pressure where the only real benefits were prestige and money?
Now that the money in college football has gotten to the point that coordinators can get "**** you" money, we're going to see more and more of this.

A meaningful (and growing) percentage of coaches will be taking jobs not because they can get a raise, but because they like the working conditions better.

Hell, I make a fraction of what these guys do and I stay in my current job despite being able to make far more money elsewhere.

Now that the money in college football has gotten to the point that coordinators can get "**** you" money, we're going to see more and more of this.

A meaningful (and growing) percentage of coaches will be taking jobs not because they can get a raise, but because they like the working conditions better.

Hell, I make a fraction of what these guys do and I stay in my current job despite being able to make far more money elsewhere.
Cool humble brag guy!

Same here. A year ago, I took a consulting job that pays 50% less than what I was earning before in exchange for 30 days paid vacation, travel/hotel perks, serious influence with multiple clients, and a hands-off boss. It’s been the best year of my work life.

Same here. A year ago, I took a consulting job that pays 50% less than what I was earning before in exchange for 30 days paid vacation, travel/hotel perks, serious influence with multiple clients, and a hands-off boss. It’s been the best year of my work life.
That's cool and all, but you've been spending a lot of that extra time with us.

Cool humble brag guy!
2 years ago, I was making more money than I ever made in my life - and I was completely miserable. I'm in a MUCH better place today even if the money isn't quite the same.

Back