What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU SMU Scrimmage

Gooseolini?
This is how you get rep folks. Get an obscure historical reference and then build on it. Gooseolini it is!
I'm seriously giddy about his D. Seeing him already doing it in practices is huge. My only concern for him is offense right now. I really wish we had a Nate Tomlinson to his Spencer Dinwiddie this year. I'd love for him to be able to get serious minutes without having to run the point full time. Hopefully XT & JHop can help with that (although neither are nowhere near Nate's level - kid is seriously underrated).
XT goddamn well needs to be that guy, no physical reason he can't be. Other than his lack of a beard.

I'm not sure that I trust a CU point guard who doesn't have impressive facial hair.

If I was Tad, I'd probably bring in all the guys competing for the starting PG job and tell them that they have 4 days to show me something special. Mutton chops, a Van ****, maybe a Dali. A simple soul patch can't get you the PG job at CU.

I'm not sure that I trust a CU point guard who doesn't have impressive facial hair.

If I was Tad, I'd probably bring in all the guys competing for the starting PG job and tell them that they have 4 days to show me something special. Mutton chops, a Van ****, maybe a Dali. A simple soul patch can't get you the PG job at CU.
Soul patch gets the scholly pulled.

Ha. But no.

Honestly, I just am nervous that it may be a year where we see flashes of Dom, but don't get the full package because he's a bit behind. Remember, he's already having to adjust from CO 4A HS basketball. I wanted him full speed for non-con so he could get his feet wet before facing the UCLA's and Arizona's of the world.

Hopefully XT grabs the starting spot by the throat and refuses to let go. That makes everything better.

AAU does away with that concern. Dom played many more games at high level AAU than Colo HS--5A, not 4A.

(By contrast, XT did not. He was much lower level AAU and it hurt him, confidence and skill-wise.)

This is how you get rep folks. Get an obscure historical reference and then build on it. Gooseolini it is!

XT goddamn well needs to be that guy, no physical reason he can't be. Other than his lack of a beard.

Obscure? to the likes of you maybe......

Adam at Rivals is quoting Tad saying that XT has been their most consistent perimeter defender and while they've been thrilled with JHop's offense so far, he's been hit or miss on D. Should be interesting to watch.

Adam at Rivals is quoting Tad saying that XT has been their most consistent perimeter defender and while they've been thrilled with JHop's offense so far, he's been hit or miss on D. Should be interesting to watch.

Post-practice interview from today.

No one has stepped up as a perimeter defender. XT is probably the closest, but he's limited there because he's not 6'6" and doesn't have the quickness of a guy like Ski. J-Hop has the tools. XJ has the tools. Fletch has the tools. None of them are playing defense like they're capable of doing.

High praise for Dom. I don't think I've ever heard Tad praise a freshman for making all the right decisions. Getting Dom healthy and into the flow sounds like the key for taking this team from a good, solid season to a dangerous tourney team.

Post-practice interview from today.

No one has stepped up as a perimeter defender. XT is probably the closest, but he's limited there because he's not 6'6" and doesn't have the quickness of a guy like Ski. J-Hop has the tools. XJ has the tools. Fletch has the tools. None of them are playing defense like they're capable of doing.

High praise for Dom. I don't think I've ever heard Tad praise a freshman for making all the right decisions. Getting Dom healthy and into the flow sounds like the key for taking this team from a good, solid season to a dangerous tourney team.
Good thing March is a long ways away. Would be nice if Dom was ready by conference time. That early stretch is a doozy.

Back