What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Soccer vs CSU: Friday, 4pm at Prentup

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Time to kick off the CU sports year.

Great way to open things up.

I'm going to try to get there. If not, the game is on PACN.

[tweet]502203191195209728[/tweet]

:gobuffs:

The Colorado Cup is a big deal for in-state recruits. Try to support. That's too early for me, unless I take off from work. I'll have to see if I can make the Sunday match.

Interesting to see if the women share the rivalry.

I was at the 2013 Pac-12 basketball tournament in Vegas. We went to the Mirage one day and the CSU women's basketball team was there. A few of them made disparaging comments after seeing our groups CU gear.

I think they all hate us.

Interesting to see if the women share the rivalry.

For the Olympic sports, a case can be made that DU is the main in-state rival. Certainly for soccer, ski and lacrosse that's the program the Buffs need to beat.

For the Olympic sports, a case can be made that DU is the main in-state rival. Certainly for soccer, ski and lacrosse that's the program the Buffs need to beat.

I would think that Denver is definitely their main local rival and CSU is just another out of conference team. I would also add tennis to the list where DU is more of a rival and the other olympic sports like cross country, track and field, and golf aren't really head-to-head sports and volleyball doesn't schedule either.

I was at the 2013 Pac-12 basketball tournament in Vegas. We went to the Mirage one day and the CSU women's basketball team was there. A few of them made disparaging comments after seeing our groups CU gear.

I think they all hate us.

I have had something similar happen when going to a CSU mens basketball tournament watch party before the CU game. It didn't make much sense to me, they weren't playing CU, I was actually hoping they would win.

In soccer, DU is without a doubt the main local rival. CSU is in only the second season of their program and I doubt they are anywhere close to CU and DU yet. Colorado College has a solid program as well and are often in the NCAA tourney.

CU and DU seem to have many players with connections including sisters. They seem to recruit from the same pool of club teams in Colorado.

Interestingly, CU and DU have met twice in the NCAA tourney with CU winning both times, including last season at DU. (This is coming from recollection, so I may be incorrect.)

Back