What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

"CU (they are terrible too)"

Was at that game as well, actually had a media pass so I watched from the sidelines. JJ Billingsley made a pick that was called back for a roughing the passer penalty, and USC converted that long 4th down via a screen pass that nearly caused me to run out onto the field and make a tackle. Chris Brown also got stuffed at the 1 a few times, and Robert Hodge was (I believe) making his first start and went something like 1-9 passing with something like 8 sacks... so that's 17 passing downs, one completion.

4th and 20 was classic Okruch. for some reason, blitz the corner on one of our mind-crushingly slow blitzes, and Palmer waits and throws it over the top. they set up the screen, and the RB scores basically untouched. 4th and 20. going north to south, on the east side of the field. i remember like it was yesterday. section 117.

Last edited:
you guys act like the USC game was the first time we got killed under Barnett. Anyone go to the FSU game? how about Miami, forget the 70-3 beatdown Texas gave us? I think Hawkins has killed our long term memory, we have been mediocre since 2002. We basically beats teams that were as good as us and got crushed by better teams.

2002 - killed by USC, OU in the Big 12 champship and gave up a 28 point haltime lead versus Wisco in the alamo bowl
2003 - killed by FSU, WSU, gave Baylor their first Big 12 win ever (I think)
2004 - OK State destroys us at home on our homecoming, absolutely dismantled by Oklahoma in the Big 12 championship
2005 - kicked a 50+ yarder to get only 3 points at Miami, Texas bends us over twice this season, and the student incident at home in a 27 point loss to the corn.

My point us we have had a lot of letdowns this past decade and are really far away from competing on a weekly basis against teams like Oregon.

My point us we have had a lot of letdowns this past decade and are really far away from competing on a weekly basis against teams like Oregon.

The good news is that the Pac-12, like most conferences, does not feature a host of teams like Oregon. In the near term, if we can get back to beating teams that are as good as we are, I think that will give this staff enough material to bring in a higher caliber of talent and ultimately be able to compete with teams at the top of the conference. However, relative to this thread, wazzu does not qualify as a team that is clearly better than us, and not necessarily even a team as good as us, in my opinion.

y

2002 - killed by USC, OU in the Big 12 champship and gave up a 28 point haltime lead versus Wisco in the alamo bowl

Talk about memory loss - Wisconsin had a 21-14 lead at the half. We led by 7 twice in the game....we never led by 28 points. I always thought CU should of won that game but it was not a meltdown.

I think we're overlooking the comedic gold of the Wazzu fan saying they will also beat San Diego State and Oregon State. Let's give that part some more love.

Back