What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU to be 6-0 heading into Coliseum?

to be fair, we never had a 2 game stretch last year that looked as good as this 6 game stretch

We lost our starting QB, one of the better running backs in recent memory, our #1 receiver statistically and have no tightend, not to mention depth issues on the DL.

3-3 is more realistic.

We lost our starting QB, one of the better running backs in recent memory, our #1 receiver statistically and have no tightend, not to mention depth issues on the DL.

3-3 is more realistic.

Your probably correct about being more realistic record wise, but I disagree about losing those guys hurting that bad. I actually think we are upgraded in most of the areas you mention losing. We shall see, should be interesting, can't wait!

Your probably correct about being more realistic record wise, but I disagree about losing those guys hurting that bad. I actually think we are upgraded in most of the areas you mention losing. We shall see, should be interesting, can't wait!

Agreed. Clemons was only an asset in the last 6 games, there is a reason a true freshman was listed as a co starter with him at the beginning. Hansen developed well this year however I think the hardest thing to replace with him is going to be his leadership and his elusiveness, his arm and accuracy were decent but from what I have heard so is Wood's. As much as I love speedy, I think this year we are going to see a much different style on offense. One that he wasnt suited for. Payne and Powell are probably going to be leading a very nasty/punishing power run offense.

Replacing the senior leadership is going to be the difficult part. We need someone to step up and take leadership on the offensive side of the ball.

That being said UCLA scares me a little bit, just because of how badly we lost to them last season. It will help that this game is at home though. We must win our first three though. Anything less than 3-0 heading into Pac-12 play would be unacceptable. At that point I think we beat WSU and ASU for sure. Now does the sixth win come against UCLA or does it come later in the season against zona or Utah.

Agreed. Clemons was only an asset in the last 6 games, there is a reason a true freshman was listed as a co starter with him at the beginning. Hansen developed well this year however I think the hardest thing to replace with him is going to be his leadership and his elusiveness, his arm and accuracy were decent but from what I have heard so is Wood's. As much as I love speedy, I think this year we are going to see a much different style on offense. One that he wasnt suited for. Payne and Powell are probably going to be leading a very nasty/punishing power run offense.

Replacing the senior leadership is going to be the difficult part. We need someone to step up and take leadership on the offensive side of the ball.

That being said UCLA scares me a little bit, just because of how badly we lost to them last season. It will help that this game is at home though. We must win our first three though. Anything less than 3-0 heading into Pac-12 play would be unacceptable. At that point I think we beat WSU and ASU for sure. Now does the sixth win come against UCLA or does it come later in the season against zona or Utah.

Zona scares me this year down in Tucson. Utah should be a win. I also think we stand a decent chance at upsetting either Stanford or Washington. Stanford is going to take a major fall back this year.

Basically right now I see us winning our first 3, then winning 1 of our first 3 conference games. After that we get destroyed by SC and Oregon, lose a close game to Zona. Upset either Udub or Stanford and beat Utah.

Thats our 6 wins

Clemons is a pretty big loss, no way around it.

he developed into one. We have some good talent coming in this year, and I think we see spruce or mcculloch step up this year. Clemons did not impress me until the second half of the season, once the coaching staff got through to him. He devloped, I am hoping we see the same development (hopefully much quicker) out of some of the WR's we currently have.

Zona scares me this year down in Tucson. Utah should be a win. I also think we stand a decent chance at upsetting either Stanford or Washington. Stanford is going to take a major fall back this year.

Basically right now I see us winning our first 3, then winning 1 of our first 3 conference games. After that we get destroyed by SC and Oregon, lose a close game to Zona. Upset either Udub or Stanford and beat Utah.

Thats our 6 wins

CSU W
SS W
@FS W
@WSU W
UCLA L
ASU W
@USC L
@OU L
Furd L
@Zona W
Wash L
Utah W

7-5

This is only true if guys really step up, guys that couldn't get more PT last year on a 3-10 squad. I'm not buying it.

This is only true if guys really step up, guys that couldn't get more PT last year on a 3-10 squad. I'm not buying it.

Our QB couldn't get playing time last year because he was ineligible. This is going to be huge for us, I can't emphasize enough what a good QB can do for a team. I know he is unproven, but it has been years since we have had a QB as talented as Wood. There will be some growing pains, but I think our QB play will be improved dramatically in Woods first year.

I also think Richardson steps back up as our go to WR, he has all the potential and experience.

Health is another key, keep our secondary healthy, and we see dramatic improvement there as well.

Our QB couldn't get playing time last year because he was ineligible. This is going to be huge for us, I can't emphasize enough what a good QB can do for a team. I know he is unproven, but it has been years since we have had a QB as talented as Wood. There will be some growing pains, but I think our QB play will be improved dramatically in Woods first year.

I also think Richardson steps back up as our go to WR, he has all the potential and experience.

Health is another key, keep our secondary healthy, and we see dramatic improvement there as well.

I was thinkging RB and WR, but you're right about Wood. PRich returning, so he's not part of your "better" claim. Who are the other proven commodities? Sounds like a bunch of hope.

I'll give you 3-0 (in fact, if they are decisive wins, we'll probably have a repeat of last year). We might be able to scrape together 6-6, but that also requires a lot of hope.

I was thinkging RB and WR, but you're right about Wood. PRich returning, so he's not part of your "better" claim. Who are the other proven commodities? Sounds like a bunch of hope.

I'll give you 3-0 (in fact, if they are decisive wins, we'll probably have a repeat of last year). We might be able to scrape together 6-6, but that also requires a lot of hope.

It is hope. FYI, I think we win 6 total for the season.

We are unfortunately going to have to count on true freshman again this year in a large way. Hopefully they can step up. Our secondary has a chance to be significantly improved which will allow our front 7 to do a bunch of different things. Hopefully our new stable of rb's can take some pressure off the passing game this year, so we can start utilizing the PA to take pressure off of wood. Wood has to be successful if we are to be successful. Dillon most likely will be a RS as he is unlikely to be up to speed with the playbook/physically ready to jump in this year. We have legitimate talent on our roster this year. I just hope they step up and utilize it.

Health and schedule is key.

I actually think a lot of buff fans have it plugged into their heads that we go through a murders row schedule every year. For a change, we don't!

And if we can avoid the ijnury bug from last year, we will be better. That hurt us a lot. This will also be more of a "team" that knows Embree in Embo's 2nd year.

And lets remember, Wood has been on campus and practicing since september, so he is like a RS frosh

No.

I'd be ecstatic with 3-0. 4-0 would be nothing short of miraculous. 6-0 ain't happening. I'll give an optimistic 4-2 for now

No.

I'd be ecstatic with 3-0. 4-0 would be nothing short of miraculous. 6-0 ain't happening.

you'd be ecstatic with wins over CSU, Sac st and Fresno state?:lol:

And 1 more win over Washington state would be almost a miracle? :lol:

Thats 3 teams that didn't go to a bowl last year and a FCS team.

I'm not saying we are gonna be great and a pac-12 title contender, but god damn, if you don't expect to win those, then I don't even know what to say

6-0 is pretty bold.

Honestly, I don't know how anyone can make predictions about the Buffs, given all the question marks. We'll be breaking in a new QB. With Obi and Cunningham gone, and Pericek possibly suspended, I have no idea who our starting DTs are going to be. Bonsu and a true frosh? We have major questions at running back - the team really struggled when Speedy was out last year. Clemons was our most effective wideout down the stretch and is now gone.

Embree said 75% of the frosh will play, so they better be ready to go day 1. In certain positions, we have virtually no one else to play.

6-0 is pretty bold.

Honestly, I don't know how anyone can make predictions about the Buffs, given all the question marks. We'll be breaking in a new QB. With Obi and Cunningham gone, and Pericek possibly suspended, I have no idea who our starting DTs are going to be. Bonsu and a true frosh? We have major questions at running back - the team really struggled when Speedy was out last year. Clemons was our most effective wideout down the stretch and is now gone.

Embree said 75% of the frosh will play, so they better be ready to go day 1. In certain positions, we have virtually no one else to play.

good points

you'd be ecstatic with wins over CSU, Sac st and Fresno state?:lol:

And 1 more win over Washington state would be almost a miracle? :lol:

Thats 3 teams that didn't go to a bowl last year and a FCS team.

I'm not saying we are gonna be great and a pac-12 title contender, but god damn, if you don't expect to win those, then I don't even know what to say

Do you have any understanding of how young we are this year, particularly on defense? This team is going to go through some major growing pains, especially in the first half of the season.

You think winning at Fresno is a given? :lol:
You don't think we stand a chance of getting absolutely torched at Wazzu? :lol:

You're setting yourself up for some serious disappointment.

Do you have any understanding of how young we are this year, particularly on defense? This team is going to go through some major growing pains, especially in the first half of the season.

You think winning at Fresno is a given? :lol:
You don't think we stand a chance of getting absolutely torched at Wazzu? :lol:

You're setting yourself up for some serious disappointment.

yes, no, no

Actually I think we lose to Wazzu and UCLA, but beat ASU

But I do think you're selling this team short. I think we see some great improvement this year.

Last edited:
Waaay too early to do this, but:

CSU W
SS W
@FS L
@WSU W
UCLA L
ASU W
@USC L
@OU L
Furd L
@Zona W