What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU to pay $6.8 million of buyout, per Chippy

Sportsfan101

Latest tweet: Orangebloods.com has learned Colorado will pay roughly $6.8 million of an estimated $19 million to leave Big 12 after '10-11.

This is phenomenal news -- way to go Mike Bohn! Plus, because of smart legal maneuvering in this process, we're saving approx. $2.5 million more than Nebraska! :lol:

Chip is probably the greatest reporter of all time. I find his reporting to be spot on and entirely accurate. In fact, I always look forward to his latest tweet.

Well, Chip said it, so it must be true. I'll bet Sacky is running in the fields extolling the reporting virtuosity of one Chip Brown.

Although if true, it's nice to see the dickwad Brown eat his own **** he spewed at the beginning of this saying we would owe $19-20M and the Mac 10 would hold us to it. What a ****ing moron! Great reporting, Chip.

Well, Chip said it, so it must be true. I'll bet Sacky is running in the fields extolling the reporting virtuosity of one Chip Brown.

Although if true, it's nice to see the dickwad Brown eat his own **** he spewed at the beginning of this saying we would owe $19-20M and the Mac 10 would hold us to it. What a ****ing moron! Great reporting, Chip.

I can already here the spin on this one. The Mack 10 knowing CU was is such financial straights, showed mercy on poor ole CU and gave them a discount. Something to that affect.

I can already here the spin on this one. The Mack 10 knowing CU was is such financial straights, showed mercy on poor ole CU and gave them a discount. Something to that affect.

Oh, you know that's what it'll be, and of course he'll completely ignore the fact that we operated in the black last year while A&M who got blackmailed to stay in the Mac 10, was $17M in the red last year. ****ing moron.

my bastard friend ****ing hijacked my computer while i was out getting a bottle of champagne

my bastard friend ****ing hijacked my computer while i was out getting a bottle of champagne

Is the champagne to celebrate your new relationship?

bcs, I hate to bring this up but I feel it needs to be said.

Your friend really should have let you attention whore with a big announcement thread. Coming out with an OT post isn't really your style. If he doesn't know you better than that, I have concerns about this love affair lasting. Enjoy it while you can.

Enough of that, though.

Congratulations!

Oh, you know that's what it'll be, and of course he'll completely ignore the fact that we operated in the black last year while A&M who got blackmailed to stay in the Mac 10, was $17M in the red last year. ****ing moron.

Really, I could care less what spin is put on it and what anybody thinks. The facts say that we are paying $6.8M (if true) which is better than $9.2M and certainly better than $19-20M. No matter what it took to negotiate to that point, it was worth it IMO

Really, I could care less what spin is put on it and what anybody thinks. The facts say that we are paying $6.8M (if true) which is better than $9.2M and certainly better than $19-20M. No matter what it took to negotiate to that point, it was worth it IMO

:yeahthat:

Most of the talk had been approx. $9 million. We got out for $6.8 million. Basically, we just earned an extra $2.2 million for the AD. I wonder what we might be able to use that money toward??? :huh:

So is A&M going to be pissed? I thought they stayed in the BXII because they were "promised $20 million"? Does the BigXII blow up now?

Most of the talk had been approx. $9 million. We got out for $6.8 million. Basically, we just earned an extra $2.2 million for the AD. I wonder what we might be able to use that money toward??? :huh:

Sh!tcan certain member(s) of the AD. Don't forget the 1.5 million that we're getting for being OSU's patsy in 2011.

My thought exactly...

True. But the point is that we should realize better income (eventually) in the PAC 12. With success, we should realize increased donations given our new footprint. $2.4M goes a looooong way within the CU AD if they can actually access this money in the semi-near future....whether it be used for this, or some other improvement.

True. But the point is that we should realize better income (eventually) in the PAC 12. With success, we should realize increased donations given our new footprint. $2.4M goes a looooong way within the CU AD if they can actually access this money in the semi-near future....whether it be used for this, or some other improvement.

Oh, I totally agree. I think this move would have paid off in reasonably short time @ $9 million. At $6.8 it's a great deal.

I was just making a little funny about an expense that is (hopefully) upcoming that might run us a little more than $2.2 million...

Back