What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU to play Charleston Southern October 19 to Replace Fresno State

They are the "Bucs" by the way

bucs.jpg

Will be CU's first ever regular season opponent from South Carolina.

We should be at least 10 point favorites. Anyways this is a nice easier game sandwiched in a tough stretch. We could use the confidence

Oregon
@ASU
Charleston Southern
Arizona
@UCLA
@UDub

We should be at least 10 point favorites. Anyways this is a nice easier game sandwiched in a tough stretch. We could use the confidence

Oregon
@ASU
Charleston Southern
Arizona
@UCLA
@UDub

It'll be nice to presumably be sitting 3-3 with Arizona coming in. Makes things fun for a few days, anyway.

Good to see they got something scheduled and that's in an FCS team, that way they maximize the profit and hopefully we'll get a W out of it.

SIAP - they're currently 30th in the FCS polls (5th team in the "Others Receiving Votes" category)

http://www.csusports.com/sports/fball/2013-14/releases/20130930pb2h46

Buccaneer press release.

CHARLESTON, S.C. – Charleston Southern will play the University of Colorado in a 13th regular season game for the Buccaneers on Oct. 19 at Folsom Field, CSU Athletic Director Hank Small announced on Monday.

The game comes as a result of Colorado canceling its game with Fresno State on Sept. 14 due to record rainfall and damaging floods in the Boulder area. Charleston Southern was granted a waiver by the NCAA late last week to play a 13th game. Head Coach Jamey Chadwell sees the added game as a tremendous opportunity for the Buccaneers' program.

"Obviously, adding a game at this point in the season is a unique situation," Chadwell said. "It is a big opportunity for us though. It's a chance for us to showcase Charleston Southern University and our football program against a PAC-12 school for the first time. Also, the playing this type of game against a quality opponent like Colorado provide long-term benefits for our program."

The kickoff time will be determined once the Pac-12 Conference sets the television schedule for that day next Monday.

Colorado joins a growing list of FBS opponents the Bucs have faced including a trip to Illinois last season and the likes of Florida, Florida State, and Miami in years past. CSU is scheduled to face Georgia and Vanderbilt next season.

"The game is an exciting opportunity to play a PAC-12 school," Small said Monday. Our players have had the experience playing Big Ten, SEC, and ACC schools and this is a chance to add the PAC-12 program to that group and to continue to move our program forward."

"This contest represents the university's desire to compete at the highest level of NCAA Division 1 athletics," CSU Vice President for Student Affairs & Athletics Dr. Rick Brewer said. "Consistent with our previous practice, funds from this game will be applied to enhancing CSU's football facilities and program."

The meetings will be the first between the two programs. The Bucs and Buffaloes are separated by over 1,700 miles. The trip will be the longest for the Bucs since trips to face Hawaii in 2007 and 2010. The Buccaneers will be the first school from South Carolina to play at Colorado.

Coming off a three-game road trip, Charleston Southern returns home on Saturday to host North Greenville. Kickoff is at 11 a.m. at Buccaneer Field.

But how is their D Line?

Can't tell much but a look at their roster shows a very limited number of D linemen with what would be considered FBS weight and a couple of those are guys who are fairly short. Gives no indication of if they are any good but I would hope that we would see them wearing down over the course of the game. LBs are also small outside of a few upperclassmen.

Could be a good confidence game for a Buffs squad that may be liking some wounds coming in.

They used to come down to Orlando and recruit pretty hard. They would pull a few lower tier guys. There didn't used to be many FCS schools in Fl so CSU did well here. There are now several in state options so not as many guys head up there.

Good to see they got something scheduled and that's in an FCS team, that way they maximize the profit and hopefully we'll get a W out of it.

SIAP - they're currently 30th in the FCS polls (5th team in the "Others Receiving Votes" category)

Definitely face some weaker competition though. I'm no expert on FCS football, but the Big South with teams like VMI and Presbyterian ain't the SoCon or Colonial Athletic.

Good job by George. Looks like SDSU & Hawaii tried to rip us off by taking advantage of our situation. Getting the BS NCAA to give us a waiver was good work. Nothing comes easily with these tools. After watching the abomination that was OSU, this waiver probably won't matter but stranger things have happened and I sure as hell would have hated to see a couple upsets in the Pac12, should they happen, go to waste if we didnt hit 6 wins. Looks like, at the minimum, we triple last years win total. If we can pull an upset or two during conference play, recruiting will look a hell of alot better.

Go Buffs and lets hold the Ducks to the forties. God I miss the days when we owned these Nike tools.

Solitch, get off your limp dick ass and spend some money. You were willing to get food cart here and then you do nothing when we lucked out and got a coach twice the caliber. Pathetic.

Is this an effort to get wins? To make us look better to recruits? To look like we're rebuilding?

Ill admit that a win against CSU, CAU, and now CSU2 plus three more someplace means a bowl game.

And that probably WOULD help recruiting.

I like it.

Is this an effort to get wins? To make us look better to recruits? To look like we're rebuilding?

Ill admit that a win against CSU, CAU, and now CSU2 plus three more someplace means a bowl game.

And that probably WOULD help recruiting.

I like it.

As bad as we have been I'll take wins wherever we can get them. 2-3 years down the road we better be questioning playing FCS teams but right now whatever it takes to start us figuring out how to win.

Two questions:

1. How much is Charleston Southern making for this game?
2. What happens around here if they actually win the game?

Two questions:

1. How much is Charleston Southern making for this game?
2. What happens around here if they actually win the game?

Two answers for the fusker troll.
1. Nunnya
2. Ain't gonna, so no need to worry.

Now go back to waiting to see if Pelini gets fired before he burst a vein and dies on the field.

This game provides a win, plus an important boost in confidence for us after the next two weeks. It also allows coaches and players additional live action together to help improve our weakest areas. It is a great opportunity to prepare for the following weeks game. This game improves our chances versus AZ. I like it.

Glad to see that we got a game scheduled.

It's bull**** that we had a chance to get a FBS team in here and they had to be douches, but whatever.

It will be nice to get a game like this after (presumably) getting steamrolled by UO and ASU.

They should dedicate the game to flood victims and do a fund raiser and something at half time.

http://www.csusports.com/sports/fball/2013-14/roster

FBTeam13Web.jpg

I feel like they should pitch in a free dog, fries and soda. :sad2:

They should dedicate the game to flood victims and do a fund raiser and something at half time.

So you want the AD to comp tens of thousands of dollars of money that they don't have to make it up to us ticket holders due to a game being cancelled because of a natural disaster?

Not exactly sure what point you are trying to make. The University itself was also a victim of the floods and deserves our support along with those individually affected by the disaster. Personally, I'd rather pay for concessions that I don't normally buy to actually chip in a little more to the school.

Back