What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU to play Charleston Southern October 19 to Replace Fresno State

No idea about CSU, but I can comment about Campbell, who they've beat. The Camels are usually the dregs of the bizarre Pioneer Football League, which my Toreros also play in. The PFL and the Ivy league are the two non-scholarship leagues in FCS.

No idea about CSU, but I can comment about Campbell, who they've beat. The Camels are usually the dregs of the bizarre Pioneer Football League, which my Toreros also play in. The PFL and the Ivy league are the two non-scholarship leagues in FCS.

I think bottom line is that if CU plays like they did in the first few games, along with continued improvement they should be just fine.

I don't know anything about these guys, but RG gets an A for what he was able to pull off here. We get a 12th game, and getting the bowl waiver was huge. Whether or not we think this team will pull a bowl off is irrelevant----I want those kids believing they can do it until loss #7 comes. This is a big help.

wonderful team, they lost to Illinois 44-0 last year and lost to everybody in 2011. But, we could still lose. We have done it before. If I hear one fool saying they're 5-0 against numbnuts state, I will....get real mad.

Didn't we pay CAU less? Plus CSU is getting their charter flight and hotel paid for too. Is it because of the short notice that we had to sweeten the deal a little bit? I'm not trying to be critical here because I think RG did a great job in getting this game scheduled on very short notice and not giving in to SDSU, Hawaii, or scheduling SJSU, which would not have been a good thing. I'm just wondering how this payout compares to what we typically pay an FCS opponent.

EDIT: My question is partially answered in this BDC article although it doesn't say what the typical fee is for an FCS school.

The $400,000 fee is in line with what CU has paid other nonconference teams to play in Boulder in the recent past and is a substantial savings compared with what some schools asked for when CU athletic director Rick George contacted them about possibly playing.

http://www.dailycamera.com/cu-colle...rage-rate-charleston-southern-game?source=rss

Last edited:
Charleston Southern will likely be coming in here undefeated 7-0. Beat North Greenville (wtf? DII school) this past Saturday and go to VMI who is pretty bad this week. 28th in the FCS poll, probably will sneak in the FCS top 25 next week.

Back