What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU v Arizona State - 6pm, P12N

Looks like deciding to get sling tv this year was smart.

Extraneous circumstances. Rushing the field for your team gain bowl eligibility for the first time in almost a decade... They would be rushing to celebrate their team, not who they beat. I would be down with it.

Usually I'm an old fuddy-duddy (hence the use of fuddy-duddy) and against rushing the field unless we beat a top five team, but in this case, get your ass on the field and party with the players. If we beat ASU to get bowl eligible (and damn near a top 10 ranking at that point) bring kegs out onto the field and party into the morning.

I like the game time. Allows me to keep my plans during the morning/early afternoon in Rocky Ford. Be jealous, haha.
I do enjoy a night game each season. This should be good.

6pm.... So I got to get there at about 4 to spend 2 hours in line to get in....That is if we beat USC. If we don't, I can get there 5 min before hand like normal and still see Ralphie run.

Nah, if they lose this weekend the crowd will be 48-49,000. If they win it'll be standing room only. Either way the lines will be terrible.
Here is what you do. Pack up your tailgate an hour before kickoff. Grab a road beer, and head to Folsom. Get there in plenty of time.

Here is what you do. Pack up your tailgate an hour before kickoff. Grab a road beer, and head to Folsom. Get there in plenty of time.
the real secret is getting into the IPF or the rooftop 45 minutes before gametime. That's 1-2 pre-Ralphie beers.

Well if it is close then we can still hit 48k. If we go down like ASU ....
I always enter at that little entrance by the field house. Hasn't been a line at all until last game when they cut it from 4 lanes to 2 when we had way more fans coming. If I didn't cut about 150 people in line I would not have made it in until the end of the 1st quarter. And I got into line at 12:02. Still missed the first 5 min. Plus my BBQ nacho's were not there either. That is the only edible thing in the stadium. Who ever is in charge here for the lines and food needs to be **** canned years ago.

This move basically reeks of the networks thinking CU still needs to prove we aren't a fluke, and not wanting to waste USC or ASU slots on us for other match ups.

CU Fan: Lauds the idea of a conference network, bitches when team is on said network.....
The only thing I liked about it was the cash. Since I got Dish and have access, the network sucks donkey nads. I also figured that by now, hell, by two years ago, it'd be on DirecTV. It isn't and that means a huge chunk of CU fans, football fans and recruits cannot watch our games. As much as I detest espn, at least they provide national coverage so people can actually see CU play.

Long live the days of CBS Sports Network or some other obscure BS channels our games were on before P12N was launched!

I totally understand DirecTV subscribers who are angry about the standoff, that's a problem that's existed for a while, but life with P12N is still infinitely better than what we had before that. It isn't perfect and there're issues with kickoff times, but I don't understand why people are constantly whining and complaining about the fact that we now have football game and 99% of all basketball games on TV.

I'd have preferred one of the bigger national networks to pick this up because of the exposure it brings to the program and if we don't have any ESPN games this year that's far from ideal, but life with P12N is far better than life without P12N.

Long live the days of CBS Sports Network or some other obscure BS channels our games were on before P12N was launched!

I totally understand DirecTV subscribers who are angry about the standoff, that's a problem that's existed for a while, but life with P12N is still infinitely better than what we had before that. It isn't perfect and there're issues with kickoff times, but I don't understand why people are constantly whining and complaining about the fact that we now have football game and 99% of all basketball games on TV.

I'd have preferred one of the bigger national networks to pick this up because of the exposure it brings to the program and if we don't have any ESPN games this year that's far from ideal, but life with P12N is far better than life without P12N.

Don't have a problem with the network itself, just with always being on it.

I get that. And it's great that I won't miss a game this year. At the same time, the Pac 12N hasn't delivered on Scott's promise, IMO. Breach of contract!

My bitch with P12 Net is the lack of coverage in other sports. I know the excuses why they don't televise skiing, but I'm not buying it. When you have two of the top four programs in the country in your conference (Utah and CU), you need to publicize that.

Unfortunately, I don't have a comparison chart from this morning when I was looking for tickets, but it has definitely changed since...
ASU attendance.JPG

When you have two of the top four programs in the country in your conference (Utah and CU), you need to publicize that.
Except skiing isn't a Pac-12 sport. Utah and CU are the only two teams that compete in skiing and they do so in the Rocky Mountain Intercollegiate Ski Association as I'm sure you know. I don't know how you can complain about the Pac-12 Network not covering non-Pac-12 events.

I'd like to see more studio pre and post game stuff. Not just "Pac 12 in 60 Minutes" runs and reruns. And why do I get, like, "Cal vs Stanford" volleyball or soccer when CU is playing? And why no Pac 12 golf or XC? I'm sure they'll show the conference championships, but there seems to be a lot of things they can show other than football game replays.

Except skiing isn't a Pac-12 sport. Utah and CU are the only two teams that compete in skiing and they do so in the Rocky Mountain Intercollegiate Ski Association as I'm sure you know. I don't know how you can complain about the Pac-12 Network not covering non-Pac-12 events.
Except they cover football, soccer, basketball, etc, etc games when one team isn't a pac-12 member. Those aren't P12 conference events, but they cover them.

And you know what else? Men's gymnastics isn't a Pac-12 sport, and neither is water polo, but the P12 network shows those events.

Sacky's right here. The network should cover skiing, at least when the meets are hosted by Colorado and Utah.

Yes I can. The PAC 12 doesn't have a problem counting our skiing championships in their national championship figures.

Stanford and Utah are our best hopes of getting on National TV (besides UCLA, which we know is on FS1). The Buffs could very well have fewer games on national TV this year than they did last year, which is ridiculous.

Only solution is to run the table, win the South, win the P12C, and then win 2 playoff games to ensure that we get at least 3 national network games this season. Let's do that.

Except they cover football, soccer, basketball, etc, etc games when one team isn't a pac-12 member. Those aren't P12 conference events, but they cover them.

And you know what else? Men's gymnastics isn't a Pac-12 sport, and neither is water polo, but the P12 network shows those events.

Sacky's right here. The network should cover skiing, at least when the meets are hosted by Colorado and Utah.
I don't know, but I'd imagine skiing is expensive and technically difficult to televise.

I don't know, but I'd imagine skiing is expensive and technically difficult to televise.
Which is why you do it for the national championships only. Same deal with cross country, I'd expect.

Yep. Any intern already on campus can shoot a water polo match. You need equipment that can handle the weather and a large and skilled crew that can shoot in the elements and follow extremely fast action to shoot alpine skiing.

Back