What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU v Arizona State - 6pm, P12N

Yep. Any intern already on campus can shoot a water polo match. You need equipment that can handle the weather and a large and skilled crew that can shoot in the elements and follow extremely fast action to shoot alpine skiing.
And without slipping and falling on the ice.

Those are all bogus excuses. Either you televise your sports or you don't. The expectation when the P12 net came out was that there would be emphasis on the Olympic sports. I have seen no evidence of that.

Those are all bogus excuses. Either you televise your sports or you don't. The expectation when the P12 net came out was that there would be emphasis on the Olympic sports. I have seen no evidence of that.
Also, the skiing championships have multiple events at multiple venues going on at the same time. But I love watching skiing and would be totally down with them televising it. NCAA should add jumping events as well as the "X Game" stuff.

Damn! Sunday they still had $40 seats now it's only the $55 ones. That sucks. Thankfully I already haven't UCLA seats, I cannot wait!

So weird that I'm watching CU volleyball on Pac-12 Mountain right now when they don't cover Olympic sports. Hmmm.

So many sports that wouldn't have sniffed TV coverage before the Pac-12 Network are getting great exposure now. Would skiing be great? Sure. Do I get why they don't cover an expensive sport with only two schools participating. Yes. Pac-12 Network is great. There was a time not so long ago when we couldn't even count on every football and men's basketball game being televised, let alone all the other great stuff we're getting. Some people just like to complain. I think we have it pretty great right now.

The thing with skiing (and cross country, which is a better place to make this argument as every school in the conference fields a team, and many of them are good, not CU great, but very good nonetheless) is that the number of cameras and difficulty of filming can vary a lot with the course.

There are venues on the world cup, i.e. the premier skiing events in the world, (and actually, if memory serves birds of prey at beaver creek is one of them) where 3 cameras, strategically placed, can cover the whole course. Add in one or two shoulder mounted portable cameras and a studio based announcing team, and you're done. This is not the exorbitant expense people think it is.

You don't need a bunch of dudes on skis with cameras (which are always in short supply) to cover the events. You need one or two dudes/dudettes, in regular winter boots, not skis or ski boots, with a shoulder mounted camera at the start and/or finish line (in CC, the same camera person can handle both start and finish - for skiing, you only need one at the finish line; one at the start is bonus and honestly could be handled with a $500 unmanned camera pointed in the right place) and 3 to 5 stationary cameras (w/ camera people) strategically placed on the course.

And the NCAA doesn't sponsor the speed events (downhill and super g), only the technical events, slalom and giant slalom. The next giant slalom course I see that needs more than three cameras to cover will be the first one I've ever seen, and the vast majority can be covered by one or two cameras.

Your announcing crew can sit in the studio and call the action, they don't even have to be on site. Hell, the only TV announcers that call the action on-site anymore are the Austrians, and world cup skiing in Austria = NFL football in the US. Everyone else, including NBC sports, uses studio based announcers who use a pooled video feed.

Bottom line with onsite requirements for NCAA skiing events: one unmanned fixed stationary camera at the start, one walking around camera person with shoulder camera at finish, one or two stationary camera people (at very most ever in very unusual situations, three) on course, and a studio based announcing team, and you're done. Or, realistically, fewer people than it takes to cover gymnastics, soccer or water polo, which they're doing right now.

Finally, most people are OK with watching skiing and CC and other "Olympic Sports" on a tape delay as opposed to live (just look at the actual ****ing Olympics, where the vast majority of people watch tape delay broadcasts), which further drives down the cost of coverage. Film crew films on Friday/Saturday, studio crew/announcers put the film together afterwords and puts in on air when ready.

Quick: do you know who won the CC races this past Saturday?

No? Neither do I.

A tape delay broadcast would have the same suspense as a live broadcast would if it was on right now, wouldn't it?

If tonight's no fun league game disappoints, would you tune in to watch a 30 minute broadcast of CU's CC performance on Saturday? And if the no fun league game is actually good tonight, maybe you'd watch the CC rebroadcast tomorrow night?

I would.

I'm really with @sackman on this one, the P12N network is missing an opportunity.

Last edited:
Fingers crossed. I will riot if it is on P12N.
They caught your riot on video.....

giphy.gif

Lame that the world doesn't get to see us. That's ok. Should be a bad ass game.

Hahahaha. Fastest way for the P12N to increase their distribution is to put their best games on their network. Might be some pain now. But down the road it increases the distribution. If push comes to shove sign up for two months of Sling TV. Or download Kodi Phoenix TV. Or go to Buffalo Wild Wings and spend $35 there.

Hahahaha. Fastest way for the P12N to increase their distribution is to put their best games on their network. Might be some pain now. But down the road it increases the distribution. If push comes to shove sign up for two months of Sling TV. Or download Kodi Phoenix TV. Or go to Buffalo Wild Wings and spend $35 there.

Eh I just stream it.

So far on the road ASU has managed 20 at USC and 32 at a miserable UTSA. Things could get ridiculous like the 2007 Nebraska game with points, but I think we can keep them under control to an extent. Like our chances in this one. It's time to put the ASU curse to rest. We're due against those ****ers, big time.

Only 17 total tickets remaining in the entire student section as of 5 min ago
Not sure what you're referring to. The student section will always appear greyed out on the seat map because the only way to get into a football game as a student without buying a ticket in another section is to buy a season pass. They don't sell single game tickets to students.

I'm trying to get Dish out here in time to set me up. Can live with the radio but tired of not being able to see it. Looking into the sling thing too.

I'm trying to get Dish out here in time to set me up. Can live with the radio but tired of not being able to see it. Looking into the sling thing too.

Pac-12 Network isn't on New Mexico cable?

I don't have NM cable, had Directv for a long ass time. Only cable company I can think of is Comcast, I could check.

Sling is a much better option than Dish if all you are looking for is P12. Granted, they are the same company, so unless you want satellite TV for all the other programming, Sling has the advantage of cancellation with no hassle or penalty when the season ends. Instant access with the app, and much cheaper too.

Box seat prices jumped from $150/each to $228/each in the span of a couple days over the weekend.This is the AD's wet dream.

This game has the potential to be the most hyped CU home game since... OU in 2007? UGA in 2010? Buffs take care of business this weekend and Folsom will be insane on the 15th.

This game has the potential to be the most hyped CU home game since... OU in 2007? UGA in 2010? Buffs take care of business this weekend and Folsom will be insane on the 15th.
It may lose a little luster if they lose this weekend, but I still think a 6 pm kickoff will bring an amazing atmosphere, regardless. Especially considering the amount of tickets already sold for the game.

It may lose a little luster if they lose this weekend, but I still think a 6 pm kickoff will bring an amazing atmosphere, regardless. Especially considering the amount of tickets already sold for the game.

I think 49k if we lose, and pushing 51k if we win (yes I know this is above official capacity)

Back