What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU vs CSU.....never too early

Buffs1990

So..... I work with quite a few Rammies.....either its a DNA thing, but they all have common themes...they say:
1. CU was a fluke last year
2. Without Leavitt we have fallen of the planet
3. Montez not good
4 Their 7-6 MW team is going to blow up on Offense
5. Idaho debacle was because CSU didn't want to go to the bowl game
6 Other teams have figured out our Offense (Here are some our points of our figured out Offense 44,56,41,47,40,49,38)

Other than I know the truth and all I can say is "We will see what we see"....some one help me understand the delusional state of mind ....keep in mind I have said plenty of times 99% of our Offense is back with CHIV and CSU still has the same coaches?

Actually it is CU vs. CU.

We come out and play our game, play well, take it seriously we win the game regardless of what the sheep do.

We overlook the game, play sloppy or without energy then they have an opportunity. The outcome is all about what we do.

"We should beat csu, 55-10. We should always beat csu 55-10. Every year in the score predictions, I pick us to beat them 55-10. This year, I will pick us to beat them 55-10. They are sheep." - @Liver

Can't repeat this often enough.

"We should beat csu, 55-10. We should always beat csu 55-10. Every year in the score predictions, I pick us to beat them 55-10. This year, I will pick us to beat them 55-10. They are sheep." - @Liver

Some clear exaggerations, but also there are a couple points there that may not be that far off.

Some clear exaggerations, but also there are a couple points there that may not be that far off.
#4 might prove to be true, but it's going to take well into MWC play for their ranking to rise into "blow up" status. #6 might not be far off if we're talking about the year 2016 against top 11 teams in the country, but this is 2017 and CSU isn't a program that has our offense figured out. The other points seem laughable, at best.

I am sure a large portion of their fan base said the same nonsense back in the 90's. Just how the sheep operate.

They really enjoyed the lost decade of CU football, they aren't ready to admit its over.

#4 might prove to be true, but it's going to take well into MWC play for their ranking to rise into "blow up" status. #6 might not be far off if we're talking about the year 2016 against top 11 teams in the country, but this is 2017 and CSU isn't a program that has our offense figured out. The other points seem laughable, at best.

I do not think it will take long for their offense to get going.

They will put up points with all the attrition the D had. Thing is, I don't think they have a prayer against our O.

They might score more than last year but I don't think they are going to put up more than 28 points unless we have a bunch of quick possessions/scores that extend the game.

Since we are only one month away, I think it IS time...
1. CU was a fluke last year - I appreciate that they feel this way, but CSEwe still lost to CU the majority of the time when CU was as bad as it has ever been in its history. Even Aggie fan has to recognize the fact that this stretch is now over... If they can't beat us consistently when we are at our lowest, how on earth do they have any hope at all when we are better?

2. Without Leavitt we have fallen of the planet. - Losing coach pepsi will have an impact. Losing 8 players who are on NFL camp rosters will have a bigger impact. So the Ewes are making a fair if exaggerated point. We can fully expect CU's defense to be about 20% worse and CSU's offense may be about 25% better. Which means we can definitely expect CSU to score about 21 points this year.

3. Montez not good - Every time Montez had time to prepare as a starter he was good, every time he didn't prepare as a starter he was bad. How does CSEwe fan feel about this fact considering Montez has had an entire off season to prepare for them? I am quite certain he will be so bad that he will only throw one or two more touchdowns than he did against Oregon. Definitely an off game.

4 Their 7-6 MW team is going to blow up on Offense - We are sure the goats will be better, but playing well against lesser opponents doesn't translate to playing well against real P5 teams. Again, we expect they will get 21 points and maybe even have a first down in the first quarter this year.

5. Idaho debacle was because CSU didn't want to go to the bowl game - Sure, players hate bowl games....They just hate all that swag they get.

6 Other teams have figured out our Offense (Here are some our points of our figured out Offense 44,56,41,47,40,49,38) - Figure it out all you want, when you have a WR group ranked among the top five groups in the nation, they can come to the line and tell the CSEwe guys what they will be doing and it won't matter.

I think their offense has a chance to be good this year, and their defense has a chance to be marginally better.

The good news for them is that they put up 40+ points in 6 of their 13 games last year: UNC (Home), UNLV (Away), Air Force (Away), UNM (Home), SDSU (Away), Idaho (Bowl). They also return 6 starters on offense, including their QB, #1 RB, and #1 WR

The news that might temper the expectations: They did lose a substantial portion of the OL, although they seem to always have depth there. In addition, here are the Defensive S/P+ rankings of those defenses: UNC (NR, DII), UNLV (116), AFA (85), UNM (121), SDSU (24), and Idaho (98).

The bad news for them: The defense will probably still be very bad. They also lost two of those games when they scored 40+ points, they graduated their best LB, probably their best DB (for the second season in a row, a WR that converted in the offseason will probably see significant PT), and their starting DL is still very, very undersized (although they do have some beef in the two-deep). They also will need to replace their all-world punter, too.

CU will struggle on D early in the season, so this one feels like a bit of a shootout to me. I just don't see how CSU is going to match up with CU's WR corps. If Montez doesn't beat himself, CU should put up a lot of points.

The Montez led Buffs had more than 300 yards passing against Oregon and Oregon St. and 275 against USC.

Try to convince me that CSU has defensive backs who in any way compare to the athletes those three schools have.

On the other side CSU will get some plays in the passing game but even with losing 3 DBs to the draft try to convince me that CSU will face a better CB than Oliver. I think he will be better than what Bama puts out there at CB and that is saying a lot.

We hear every year that CSU has a "big and experienced offensive line." In most years it hasn't won the game for them. Again like in the defensive backfield we lost 3 starters, again like at DB the guys replacing them are still the best group of athletes (other than maybe OSU) that they face for most of a game. I say this in consideration that I doubt Bama plays their first team more than a couple series and they should be down to the walk-ons by the second half.

This game is usually the game of the season for CSU, they aim for it all year and play with maximum effort and emotion. This year they won't have the full advantage of that since they have to focus first on the Beavers who are likely to beat them up pretty well physically as well.

Even at their best this game always comes down to CU. Play well, play with focus, don't give the ball and the game away and the Buffs win every time.

The Montez led Buffs had more than 300 yards passing against Oregon and Oregon St. and 275 against USC.

Try to convince me that CSU has defensive backs who in any way compare to the athletes those three schools have.

On the other side CSU will get some plays in the passing game but even with losing 3 DBs to the draft try to convince me that CSU will face a better CB than Oliver. I think he will be better than what Bama puts out there at CB and that is saying a lot.

We hear every year that CSU has a "big and experienced offensive line." In most years it hasn't won the game for them. Again like in the defensive backfield we lost 3 starters, again like at DB the guys replacing them are still the best group of athletes (other than maybe OSU) that they face for most of a game. I say this in consideration that I doubt Bama plays their first team more than a couple series and they should be down to the walk-ons by the second half.

This game is usually the game of the season for CSU, they aim for it all year and play with maximum effort and emotion. This year they won't have the full advantage of that since they have to focus first on the Beavers who are likely to beat them up pretty well physically as well.

Even at their best this game always comes down to CU. Play well, play with focus, don't give the ball and the game away and the Buffs win every time.

Well said....I will be sure to state my source as I pass this along to my Ram Friends

The days of CSU having a ghost of a chance in this game are over. They'll be lucky to keep it within three scores.

Now what CU needs to do is to use that advantage and pound them badly enough to remove both the excuses and the desire to continue to play us.

The only way to kill this series and shut up their fans is to repeatedly beat them badly enough that they don't want to talk about it.

I am sure a large portion of their fan base said the same nonsense back in the 90's. Just how the sheep operate.

They really enjoyed the lost decade of CU football, they aren't ready to admit its over.
Even in CUs lost decade the sheep only managed 4 wins in the 10 years.
The sheep are done. The only way they have a small shot is if WE don't play they way we know how.
I don't see that happening.

Even in CUs lost decade the sheep only managed 4 wins in the 10 years.
The sheep are done. The only way they have a small shot is if WE don't play they way we know how.
I don't see that happening.
As Long as Chiv is driving....NO WAY IN HELL WE ARE GOING BACKWARDS!"

upload_2017-8-1_13-56-0.png

While you all are talking to your CSU friends, you should ask them a few questions:

1. How is the defensive line that got pushed around by CU's o-line last year going to manage to do better this year, when CU's line is bigger and better and only lost one player?
2. How are the DB's going to hang with the CU WR when they couldn't even hang with their shadows last year and CU has everyone back, while CSEwe has lost their best DB?
3. How is CSU's O-line, which lost 3 of 5 starters going to fair against CU's d line, when the starters from last year got pushed around by even CU's back ups. Sure CU lost all three d line starters, but CU's back ups played a ton against CSU last year and DOMINATED.
4. How is CSU's running game going to thrive against CU linebackers when they aren't going to get much space from their o line and they couldn't run away from CU's backers last year?

CSU's offense is going to be better, but not THAT much better and in this case I fully expect that o-line to be a major liability for CSU to start the year. CSU's only chance in this game is to throw the ball and to get it out of the QB's hands in a hurry. Do that and they have hope...otherwise this game will get ugly fast.

Last edited:
Back