What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU vs Oregon, OCT 3rd ESPN 8pm (Pre-Pregame thread)

Does anyone remember seeing those blackout t shirts from the WV game in '08 that said "at CU we know how to BLACKOUT"

It's all lining up for us and our team. we shine on the BIG stage and BAM - we will be relevant instantly. Can't wait.

My first reaction is...ugh...since I've pretty much chalked Oregon up to us getting the obligatory ugly smackdown. It's tough to believe this is the best matchup they could find...but so be it...go Buffs!!

Potential harm could be done if we get ridiculously trounced - which IMO is somewhat-to-fairly likely. There is potential upside though...like impressing recruits if we somehow come close to making a game of it and them seeing Folsom in all her glory with a huge crowd, night game, Ralphie running etc...this is the most likely scenario IMO. Potential for huge upside if...the stars align, the gods smile, and half the Oregon squad comes down with swine flu...and we win this game.

Should be fun...I'll be in front of the boob tube for sure!

My first reaction is...ugh...since I've pretty much chalked Oregon up to us getting the obligatory ugly smackdown. It's tough to believe this is the best matchup they could find...but so be it...go Buffs!!

Potential harm could be done if we get ridiculously trounced - which IMO is somewhat-to-fairly likely. There is potential upside though...like impressing recruits if we somehow come close to making a game of it and them seeing Folsom in all her glory with a huge crowd, night game, Ralphie running etc...this is the most likely scenario IMO. Potential for huge upside if...the stars align, the gods smile, and half the Oregon squad comes down with swine flu...and we win this game.

Should be fun...I'll be in front of the boob tube for sure!

Bolded is ironic, because

Oregon in three games has given up on average 32 points. Buffs will score on them but what will the defense do :eek:

Looking forward to seeing some of this...

costume-storybook-m-83848silver_2.jpg

33296.jpg

33296.jpg

img-thing

Women-Sliver-Black-Backless-Sexy-Leather-Latex-Club-font-b-Wear-b-font-Costumes-font-b.jpg

wholesale-Sexy-Silver-Clubwear-Sexy-Clothing-Sexy-Dresses-sexy-Silver-Mini-Dress-dancer-stripper.jpg

Probably more like this.

anigif_optimized-7818-1432201062-11.gif

In case anyone cares, zero of the profits from the pink shirts bought from the CU book store go towards cancer research.

Susan Komen foundation is very protective about "For the Cure," pink, and pink ribbons. They spend a million a year litigating those fundraising for breast cancer. I would surmise that CU shelled out $$ to use that pink ribbon.

A 10 pm EST kickoff just sucks.

That being said, I hope the atmosphere is great and we play well. I think Oregon is very beatable this year compared,to most.

Pink for Oregon is a mistake. I'm sure a tiny fraction of dough makes it to where people think it actually goes.

Is Adams back for Oregon this week, because reports from Saturday are that Oregon's backup is pretty rough.

Pink for Oregon is a mistake. I'm sure a tiny fraction of dough makes it to where people think it actually goes.
According to the book store, there is some rule (not sure if NCAA or CU) that prevents them from donating funds acquired from selling those shirts.

A 10 pm EST kickoff just sucks.

That being said, I hope the atmosphere is great and we play well. I think Oregon is very beatable this year compared,to most.
Oregon will be 10 pm EDT, so maybe that doesn't just suck.

In terms of potential recruiting benefits, I don't believe that it matters one bit if the Buffs play a 10PM ET kickoff where we're the only game on TV vs a 2PM ET kickoff where we're buried between a dozen SEC, ACC and B1G games. Might as well schedule the game at a time that creates a great fan atmosphere, and there's nothing like an 8PM kickoff. especially for a college game.

i'm not even daring to hope yet. but, what a great set up for a return to the glorious stage of honor. we're much more likely to get mud-holed on national tv again, but the possibility exists of something dramatically better. a small, shred of possibility...
A sliver, as it were.

I will be flying out from Tampa for this game. Not to get anyone's hopes up, but the last three games I've flown out for were Oklahoma in 2007, WVU in 2008, and Georgia in 2009. Im hoping I go 4/4.

See you all there. #RollBuffs
Hell. Yes.

I will be flying out from Tampa for this game. Not to get anyone's hopes up, but the last three games I've flown out for were Oklahoma in 2007, WVU in 2008, and Georgia in 2009. Im hoping I go 4/4.

See you all there. #RollBuffs
If we lose, we'll blame you :LOL:

I think this is a game going into the fourth quarter-Vernon Adams looked like he was struggling to get up to speed with their offense against MSU-Herbstreit incessantly pointed out during that game that he missed the bulk of even fall camp. They can't tempo people to death like they did with Mariota at QB yet. From what I read, they decided not playing him against GA State would help in the long run, so Lockie got the bulk of the practice reps. Being able to run the ball is key, and I think we'll have success doing that-Their D-Lineman are very good athletes, but they're also small. Their defense overall is average IMO-Focus on the EWU and GA State games......42 points allowed against Eastern Washington and 28 against Georgia State. Even if you assume EWU had success against Oregon's 2nd string in garbage time.....that's still 30 points-ish a game. Playing somebody like Nicholls probably helps as well....get the starters a fair amount of rest heading into Oregon. They're hosting Utah Saturday night.

The good thing? Nobody is gonna watch it on the East Coast as it´s a 10pm kickoff.
The bad thing? Nobody is gonna watch it on the East Coast as it´s a 10pm kickoff.

Haha, my exact thoughts when I heard the game time! Hope and Fear :cautious:

Susan Komen foundation is very protective about "For the Cure," pink, and pink ribbons. They spend a million a year litigating those fundraising for breast cancer. I would surmise that CU shelled out $$ to use that pink ribbon.

Yes they do. Gotta protect that thing like the corporate brand that it has become. How else are you going to sell a lot of yogurt to people who think their money is actually going to research?

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_facto...he_susan_g_komen_foundation_actually_do_.html

http://thinkbeforeyoupink.org/before-you-buy/history-of-the-pink-ribbon/

So not to steal @FolsomFrenzy's thunder, but here is what they were able to negotiate with the AD.

The student section will be asked to wear all black against Oregon (because they can't use the term "BlackOut" anymore), the rest of the stadium will be asked to wear pink to support breast cancer awareness. Because the "wear pink" thing was planned well before we knew the game would be prime time on ESPN, I am guessing that CU has some money invested in the event and already has some sponsors lined up, so they can't afford to abandon the "wear pink" game. So kudos to the Folsom Frenzy leadership board for reaching a compromise.

As has been stated already, ZERO profits from pink CU gear goes to breast cancer research, so if you want to show your support for breast cancer awareness, and also want to contribute to the cause, I suggest finding an alternate retailer for your pink apparel.

Back