What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU vs. USC Friday 11/4 @ 7pm on ESPN

:lol:
Missouri is/was an entirely average team that Hawkins had no answer for.

2/4 of those Missouri teams were legit top 10-15 type teams. "entirely average" is a bit of a generalization. maybe they weren't as good as last year's Oregon team but while Dan didn't also have an answer to two of them that were in/out of the top 25 type 7/8 win teamsteams....the other two were very good football teams by anyone's measure. one of them thrashed the mighty SEC in the Cotton Bowl. in 07 or whenever that was, MU lost twice to BCS Oklahoma and once to Orange Bowl champs Kansas.

i'm excluding 06 since that was sort of a close game.

Last edited:
Should be an interesting game. Robert Woods might be the best WR we see all season, but USC's LBs (especially in the middle) and secondary are question marks.

EDIT: Does suck that it is short week after the road game against ASU, but not much you can do about it.

2/4 of those Missouri teams were legit top 10-15 type teams. "entirely average" is a bit of a generalization. maybe they weren't as good as last year's Oregon team but while Dan didn't also have an answer to two of them that were in/out of the top 25 type 7/8 win teamsteams....the other two were very good football teams by anyone's measure. one of them thrashed the mighty SEC in the Cotton Bowl. in 07 or whenever that was, MU lost twice to BCS Oklahoma and once to Orange Bowl champs Kansas.

i'm excluding 06 since that was sort of a close game.

They beat Kansas.

But point taken. A couple of those teams were pretty good, one in particular. My overall point remains, though. Once the rest of the league figured out how to play them, they were an average football team. Hawkins apparently didn't have his VCR set to tape any of their games, though. Maybe he only had a betamax and he ran out of tapes.

BTW, looking at the schedule again, the USC game caps off a pretty tough 5-game stretch.

I'd say friday night games are for high school but I'll be in orlando for a wedding that weekend so have fun...

Great recruiting help, if things go well (close game, raucous crowd, good weather and pics)

Great recruiting help, if things go well (close game, raucous crowd, good weather and pics)

Yeah - weather should be fine, but cold.... but you can still get a storm at that time of year.

I'm stoked!

Should be an interesting game. Robert Woods might be the best WR we see all season, but USC's LBs (especially in the middle) and secondary are question marks.

EDIT: Does suck that it is short week after the road game against ASU, but not much you can do about it.

this.

13 consecutive games this year and now throw one in on a short week. no likey

2 days earlier and it would be my 35th birthday. What's the over/under that we'll score 35 or give up 35?

C'mon Buffs give me something to cheer for this football season!

If not that, then maybe a good seat so I stare at song-girls all night.

The national TV game is awesome news, but I guess we can chalk up a victory for that engineering bi**h who was worried about traffic or whatever. This game is going to start at 9:00 on the east coast which hurts. I would much rather a 5:00 start so the entire country could watch the sunset over the Flatirons.

The national TV game is awesome news, but I guess we can chalk up a victory for that engineering bi**h who was worried about traffic or whatever. This game is going to start at 9:00 on the east coast which hurts. I would much rather a 5:00 start so the entire country could watch the sunset over the Flatirons.

The cameras all face East. No shots of the awesome sunset.

BTW, looking at the schedule again, the USC game caps off a pretty tough 5-game stretch.

Now thats one thing I didn't look into. By that time CU could be gassed or if this was a Hawkins coached team, thrown the towel in. This will be a big test of the teams character.

Thought that was a law school student. Snow???

Night games in November = cold. I'll make chili that day.

I like the way you think, sacky. I was thinking the same thing. Need to make something warm for that one. Chili and cornbread is always a good choice.:lol:

Rut ro! Guess you stopped by usc today for a lecture and made his pick for the game? The Dalai Lama himself, the twelth son of the Lama, the flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking! Ok, so he didn't actually say he favored sc over the Buffs, what he did say was "Gunga Galunga" which if I'm not mistaken is Tibetan for GO BUFFS!!!! So we got that going for us, which is nice.

225217_224404527573022_100000104300717_1058830_2424615_n.jpg

Big hitter that Lama, long.

Back