What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CUBuffs.com: Buffs Continue Four-Match Road Swing In Pacific Northwest (Vball, #22 Oregon Friday)

RSSBot

News Junkie
Colorado continues its four-match road trip this week, traveling to the Pacific Northwest for matches against No. 22 Oregon and Oregon State...

Continue reading...

"
BOULDER — The University of Colorado volleyball team continues its four-match road trip this week, traveling to the Pacific Northwest for matches against No. 22 Oregon and Oregon State. The Ducks will host the Buffs on Friday, Oct. 2, at 9 p.m. MT, in Eugene, Ore. Colorado will then head to Corvallis to play OSU on Sunday, Oct. 4, at 12 p.m. MT.

Both contests will be broadcast live on Pac-12 Network. Rick Burk will provide the play-by-play for both matches. Mike Dodd is the color for the Oregon match, while Elizabeth Moreau will be the color for the Oregon State contest.

Colorado is 8-6 (0-2 Pac-12) after starting the Pac-12 season with a pair of losses to Utah and No. 6 Washington last week.
"

About the Buffs 1st opponent the Ducks-
"
Oregon has a 7-4 overall record and is 1-1 in Pac-12 play. The Ducks defeated Oregon State 3-1 before falling to then-No. 14 Arizona 3-0. This is UO’s home opener. The Ducks are 5-2 on the road this season and are 2-2 in neutral site matches. UO is currently ranked 22nd in the latest AVCA poll.

Offensively, Martenne Bettendorf leads the Ducks and is eighth in the league with 3.55 kills per set. Lindsey Vander Weide is second on the team with 3.13 kills per set. Maggie Scott is averaging 10.74 assists per set, which is second in the league, and is directing the Ducks to a .259 hitting percentage (fifth in the Pac-12). UO is holding its opponents to a .176 attack percentage, due in part to Amanda Benson, whose 4.80 digs per set leads the Pac-12. Kacey Nady is the Ducks leading blocker with 0.98 per set.

The Ducks lead the all-time series 9-2."

Live video, as noted above, on Pac 12 networks (Mountain and Oregon channels), and also available online at http://pac-12.com/live?network=P12MTN for those whose cable/ satellite subscription includes Pac 12 Network online access .

Live stats- http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=95589

Last edited by a moderator:
Go get um Buffs.

Between the various sports playing them (football, volleyball, soccer), let's go 5-0 against the Ducks and Beavs this weekend!

Match starting, but prior game has just started a 5th set, so no TV for awhile. Evidently beginning of match can be seen via pac-12.com/bonus. (Unfortunately, not working for me. Giving me some "Parental Control...." error.)

11-15 at the media timeout. (Match was tied at 11 until former Buff Chelsey Keoho has led the Ducks on her service run.)

Ducks get the 1st 20-25.

Sounds like Coach Kritza already has a yellow card.

Hard to believe this is Oregon's 1st match at home all year (including non-conference).

That one hurt.

Ducks also get the 2nd set. 22-25. Buffs in control over the 1st half of the set behind some great blocking to go up 15-11, but can't hold the lead.

Great effort by the Buffs gets them their 1st set win of the conference season 27-25 in the 3rd. Buffs went down early 5-10 but chip away at the lead, but come back for the win.

Now get the 4th set! (Once again, as early in the 2nd set, the block was key to the Buffs scoring well.)

What a comeback in set 4! It's going 5.

Buffs were down 20-23 but get the next 5 points behind Alexis Austin's serve and some great blocking.

Woo Buffs take the 4th set 25-23 with a nice 5-0 run to win it. Bring on the 5th set!

Now Oregon TO, they're up only 4-5 after the Buff block earns them a couple more points. Buffs outblocking the Ducks 18-7 so far this match.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Losing the first two sets and then taking the last 3 is awesome. I hope this is good juju for football tomorrow.

(Actually, per the Information Guide, it's the 1st volleyball win against Oregon anywhere (home or away) since joining the Pac, and breaks an 8 match losing streak overall to the Ducks.)

I just turned it on this morning and it was 10-10 in the 5th set. Great comeback win for the Buffs. I'm not sure how the rest of the match went, but in the final 7 points that I saw they had 2 service errors. I don't know that much about volleyball, but at that point in the match wouldn't you just want to get the ball over the net?

I'm out of town and could not get the stream at all on my computer.

So happy to wake up to this and so happy I recorded the match! I will definitely be watching this one!

Go Buffs!

I just turned it on this morning and it was 10-10 in the 5th set. Great comeback win for the Buffs. I'm not sure how the rest of the match went, but in the final 7 points that I saw they had 2 service errors. I don't know that much about volleyball, but at that point in the match wouldn't you just want to get the ball over the net?

Service errors, in my opinion, are a major issue for this team. However, Coach K seems to think they have to go for it. Several matches, the service errors have outnumbered the service aces. That is not a good statistic!

Service errors get me so annoyed. It's the only part of the game over which you have total control. But last night actually wasn't too bad in the big picture. Looking at the box score, CU had 11 service errors over the 5 sets. So that's a shade over 2 per set. I have seen some matches where they have had 11 errors before the end of the third set. Also, Oregon matched them with 11 service errors also so it wasn't as big of a negative as it has been some other matches, BUT IT STILL DRIVES ME CRAZY!!

I just watched the replay of this match. WOW! What a match!!! The Buffs could have folded so many times in the final 3 sets. If I didn't already know the outcome, I couldn't count on two hands how many times I would have said they're done. They fought and fought and fought and came through.

In set 4 they were down 20-23 and ran off 5 straight points to win it!

Much respect for that win and in the face of a good home crowd for Oregon too.

Back