What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CUBuffs.com: Buffs Face No. 3 South Carolina In Second Round Of Postseason (Soccer, Thurs.,5:00 MT)

RSSBot

News Junkie
image_handler.aspx

COLUMBIA, S.C. - Colorado's 20th-ranked soccer team will face top-seed and No. 3-ranked South Carolina on Thursday in the second round of the NCAA Tournament. The Buffaloes take a 15-5-1 record into Columbia, S.C., to face the Gamecocks, who are 19-1-1 and won the SEC with a perfect 11-0 conference mark.

CU advanced to the second round after a 3-1 win over Oklahoma State on Saturday in Boulder. The Buffs are led by senior forward Danica Evans, who was a first-team all-Pac-12 selection and has 28 points with 11 goals and six assists. Midfielder Taylor Kornieck was named Pac-12 Freshman of the Year and was also a first-team all-conference selection and she has 11 goals and four assists for 26 points.

South Carolina earned a 7-0 win over Alabama State in the first round of the postseason last week. Junior forward Savannah McCaskill leads the Gamecocks with 45 points this season, scoring 17 goals and assisting on 11 others. She was named SEC Player of the Year. Senior Kaleigh Kurtz was chosen SEC Defensive Player of the Year and she has a goal and five assists on the season.

Thursday's second-round match will kickoff at 5 p.m. MT in Columbia. The SEC Network will stream it live online on WatchESPN.

Continue reading...

--------------

Live Video - I assume (???) maybe only for people whose cable / satellite subscription includes the SEC network, the match will be available for streaming through http://www.espn.com/watchespn/index/_/id/2936565/colorado-vs-south-carolina-second-round .

Live Stats - http://www.gamecocksonline.com/game...ol=scar&sport=wsoccer&camefrom=&startschool=&

Last edited by a moderator:
Added video and live stats links to the OP.

Also, the current week's "This Week in Colorado Soccer" show is available.

(Direct link to youtube video - )

Direct link to the live video stream (if your cable/ satellite subscription allows you to see it) looks to be http://www.espn.com/watchespn/index/_/id/2936565/colorado-vs-south-carolina-second-round .

Note- It looks like, per http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sports/w-soccer/spec-rel/111616aaf.html , there was a doubt the match could be played today due to lousy air quality caused by numerous wild fires in the area. As of now, though, the article makes it sounds like the match is going to be played.

(Note- I'll be on the way to and at the basketball game while this match is going on. I'll try to have live stats going on my phone, but if anyone else wants to provide more timely updates, that will be great for me and other Buff soccer fans.)

Looks like the Buffs are hanging tough. 0-0 at the half. IF I'm reading live stats right, Buffs have 5 shots and SC 9.

The buffs have been on the front foot for the last 5 -10 minutes... Buffs earn their 3rd straight corner...

Penalty awarded to SC... i gotta be honest... its a clear penalty... 15 minutes to go Buffs Need Jalen Tompkins to come up big here

80' Buffs seem to be panicking a bit... sending it long whether they are pressured or not... they really need to start high pressing and moving upfield rather than playing long balls without runners...

83' Buffs are definitely panicking and just not making smart passes. They need to compose themselves or they won't have a chance.

This ref has been a inconsistent to say the least... awarding SC with another free kick in the 85th minute

88th minute and ref blows dead a clear advantage play for the buffs on the break to call back for a foul.

Absolutely abysmal turnover by the buffs gets bailed out by the linesman on an offside call 89th minute

It doesnt look like its going to happen for the Buffs as SC are doing everything in their power to kill the clock.. inside 10 seconds to go now

A great season for the Buffs ends in the round of 32 1-0 to South Carolina on a PK in the 74th minute.

Sounds like they pretty much played step for step with the #3 team in the country. NOTHING to be ashamed of, although I'm sure it's still tough for the team right now.

Thanks again to the seniors for all the hard work, which helped lead to some great days at Prentup for this fan (and I'm sure MANY others). Hope the rest of the team can start celebrating a great season for awhile before getting bck on the field and in the weight room to be even better next season!

Again, thanks team (both players and coaches).

Nothing to be ashamed of in that result. Very proud of this team for today's game and this entire season. This is a program to be very excited about.

Back