What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CUBuffs.com: Buffs Face Top-Ranked Penn State & No. 6 Illinois (Volleyball)

RSSBot

News Junkie
CU will be facing one of its toughest tests of the season this weekend, September 4-5, at the Big Ten/Pac-12 Challenge in University Park, P...

Continue reading...

"
BOULDER — The University of Colorado volleyball team will be facing one of its toughest tests of the season this weekend, September 4-5, at the Big Ten/Pac-12 Challenge in University Park, Pa. The Buffs will take on top-ranked Penn State and No. 6 Illinois.

CU’s first match will be against two-time defending NCAA Champion PSU on Friday at 5:30 p.m. MT. The Buffs, who are ranked 21st in this week’s AVCA poll, will square off against IU on Saturday at 3:30 p.m. MT.

Live stats for both matches will be available at GoPSUSports.com. CU’s match against the Nittany Lions will be streamed live for a fee on the BTN Plus platform (http://www.btn2go.com/game/colorado-at-penn-st-on-09042015), while the contest against the Illini will be broadcast on Big Ten Network. Fate Brewing Company (1600 38th Street) in Boulder will host a watch party for Saturday’s match.
"
Live Video- See quote above. I would add that the Illinois match will also be available via online stream, via Comcast live (of course for their subscribers who have the Big 10 TV station). (Assume some other TV providers offer similar, but I only know Comcast.)
(Boy, am I glad we're in the Pac 12. I looked quick, and it looks like a Big 10+ subscription costs $15 per month, and I assume is needed to receive the streams we receive for FREE (other than enduring ads) for almost all home games/ matches (and away matches one conference play starts) for all events that aren't on the Pac 12 network.)

Live Audio-
Penn State match- I read the Penn State preview article, and it sounds like, new for this year, free online audio broadcasts for all their matches are being offered. I couldn't find a link right now, but assume one will be found come match-time on their website main page- www.GoPSUSports.com . EDIT- looks like the link to free audio may be http://www.gopsusports.com/collegesportslive/?media=504024 .
Illinois- The Illinois website has the following link for audio of that match- http://www.fightingillini.com/watch/?Live=40 (Not sure if it's a free stream or not? ) EDIT- if this link doesn't work, tunein.com/radio/NewsTalk-1400-s28378/ maybe another option.

Live Stats (Gametracker) for:
Penn State match- http://www.gopsusports.com/gametrac...ool=psu&sport=wvolley&camefrom=&startschool=&

Illinois Match- http://www.cstv.com/gametracker/lau...hool=fo&sport=wvolley&camefrom=&startschool=&

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck to the volleyball team!
A win in either or both of these matches would be HUGE.
(USC started the year ranked #22 in the pre-season poll, and jumped all the way to #8 after beating the then #7 and 11 teams this past weekend.)

The live stream for tonight's match is on Big10 Plus. I just looked and it costs $9.95 per month. I'm not going to pay for it. I hope there is live audio, although I know it will have a Penn State slant. Last year when CU played at Illinois, there was a live audio feed. CU still has a long way to go for coverage of volleyball.

As part of my package with Dish, I do get the Big 10 package, but that does not include Big 10 Plus. I will be able to watch the match against the Illini on television.

Go Buffs! Get at least one of these matches.

The live stream for tonight's match is on Big10 Plus. I just looked and it costs $9.95 per month. I'm not going to pay for it. I hope there is live audio, although I know it will have a Penn State slant. Last year when CU played at Illinois, there was a live audio feed. CU still has a long way to go for coverage of volleyball.

As part of my package with Dish, I do get the Big 10 package, but that does not include Big 10 Plus. I will be able to watch the match against the Illini on television.

Go Buffs! Get at least one of these matches.
I looked again at their website, and found what will hopefully be the link to live audio- http://www.gopsusports.com/collegesportslive/?media=504024 . (Also added to OP.)

2 hours to go. Go Buffs! (Tough start for the Pac12 in this tourney. Illinois just got the 1st set over Stanford 25-16.)

I've been listening to the Stanford- Illionois volleyball match (awaiting Buff soccer), and the broadcaster just mentioned that the Buffs had a tough road to get to State College. (Travel fatigue- just what's needed when facing a dynasty program that's #1 in the country.) I believe he said the Buffs missed their connecting flight in Detroit, or it was cancelled (I missed some of what he said), so anyways the Buffs ended up having to take a bus from Detroit to State College (which I assume also took a little time to set up). Per Google maps, looks like it's almost a 6 hour drive Detroit- State College (assuming no traffic).

Oh well, hopefully the Buffs will think playing the defending champions is easy compared to getting to their arena.

Poor kids. I'm not hearing anything now and nothing is showing up on live stats. Has the match even started?

Can't tell for sure, but sounds like from the audio Naghede Abu may be playing on the left side tonight. (She has been playing in the middle.)

PSU gets 1st set 25-19. Lots of errors by the Buffs (some/ most forced by the PSU block) with 10 hitting errors and I believe 4 service errors.

Edit- To correct what I said above, I believe Ms. Abu is still playing in the middle. (Game tracker finally went live.)

Buffs come on late in the 2nd set but lose 25-21 (I believe).

(By the way, the PSU audio announcers are hard-core/ not afraid to be very critical.)

Buffs just not being consistent enough, and also seem (as much as can be discerned from audio) like at least some of them are nervous tonight given the environment.

The PSU block dominating the Buffs and now the Buffs sailing quite a bit long. LOTS of service errors again also, although PSU pressure I'm sure contributing to that.

15-21 PSU. TO PSU after the Buffs get 3 straight points.

And the 3rd set ends up 18-25, and PSU sweeps.

Hopefully the Buffs will skake this off, fix the errors, and get a good rest (after their LONG road trip yesterday) and be ready for Illinois tomorrow afternoon. (Didn't get a final number since Game Tracker broke after the 1st set, but it sounds like from what the announcers said late in the match that the Buffs may have had around a .000 hitting % this evening.)

Last edited:
That totally sucked. I was able to listen and it sounded like the Buffs beat themselves.

I wanted to scream at the announcer calling us The Buffalo. We are the buffaloes, not the buffalo, like Stanford is the Cardinal.

Back