What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CUBuffs.com: Buffs Head to RMISA Championships (Skiing)

RSSBot

News Junkie

CU seeks a 28th RMISA Chamionship this weekend at Beaver Creek (alpine) and Minturn (Nordic)
BOULDER - The Colorado Buffaloes are off to the 2017 RMISA Championships/NCAA West Regionals hosted by the University of Denver this weekend in Beaver Creek (alpine) and Minturn (Nordic).

The skiing opens Friday, Feb. 24 with the men's and women's giant slalom. Saturday sees both disciplines in action with the men's and women's slalom in alpine and the women's 5K and men's 10K classical events in Nordic; the women's interval starts beginning at 10 a.m. and the men at 11 a.m. The Nordic teams continue on Sunday, March 11, with the women's 15K and men's 20K freestyle races. The men start first on Sunday at 9:30 a.m. followed by the women's race at 11 a.m.

Continue reading...

Looks like Living Timing for the Alpine races should be available through links at http://ussalivetiming.com/ .

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a good start for the team, as they sit in 3rd (only a few points out of 2nd) after the giant slalom races.

Article - http://www.cubuffs.com/news/2017/2/...s-rmisa-championships-with-win-for-buffs.aspx

• Congrats to David Ketterer for another win- great sign to see he's also capable of competing for the NCAA championships win (and/ or BIG points) in the giant slalom, where this was his 1st win (after 4 slalom wins already)!
  • Overall for the men, great finish with the points win and all 3 scorers earning top 10 finishes.
  • On the women's side, 4th in points is OK to keep the team competitive overall. Nice sign for NCAA's (and in the upcoming RMISA slalom) that freshman Isabella Fidjeland, in her 1st NCAA race ever after being injured before the season started, was able to earn a 10th place finish.
Short interviews with Coach Rokos and Mr. Ketterer-

Can't find full results yet, but looks like at minimum a great finish for the top 2 Buffs in the final races of today!

Article on the very good day for the Buffs- they are in the lead with only tomorrow's freestyle Nordic races left to run- http://www.cubuffs.com/news/2017/2/25/skiing-buffs-pull-into-lead-at-rmisa-championships.aspx .

"
Buffs Pull Into Lead at RMISA Championships

It was a huge day for the Buffaloes, who had four podium finishes and placed 12 in the top 10 in four events

AVON, Colo. – The University of Colorado ski program made its move Saturday, going from third to first place with a big day on both the alpine and Nordic sides during day two at the 2017 RMISA/NCAA West Regional Championships.

CU trailed day one leader Montana State by 23 points, but made up ground with strong performances across the board. The Buffaloes had four podium finishes – one in all four events - and placed 12 in the top 10 on a huge day for the Buffs.

CU now leads the regional leaderboard with 499 points, holding a 34.5 point lead over Denver who sits in second. The championship concludes Sunday with the final two events – the women's and men's 15/20K freestyle races.
"

Forgot to mention, a couple great signs for NCAA's from today's Nordic results-
  • With his 2nd place finish, looks like Mads Stroem is getting back to peak form after appendicitis caused him to miss most of the regular season, and
  • with her 5th place finish, whatever injury kept women's Nordic leader Petra Hyncicova from competing in the Buff's last races (in Alaska) looks to have been relatively minor, and hopefully she'll be near or at 100% by the time NCAA's start in a week and a half or so.
Be interesting to see how they bounce back tomorrow in their longer freestyle races.

Last edited:
Forgot to mention- with skiing only allowed to send 3 skiers to the NCAA Championships in each discipline per gender, looks like the ski team gave formal goodbyes to 2 of its Alpine skiers. Thanks for all the work as Buffs to seniors Katie Hostetler and Roger Carry!

From the above-linked article

"
SENIOR TRIBUTE
With the alpine races concluding Saturday, two Buffalo seniors saw their final action on the slopes at Beaver Creek. Roger Carry and Katie Hostetler have been a part of two national championship teams in their careers with the Buffs, and have been leaders for this year's team that could make a run to another championship.

"Great way to part with the whole weekend and to thank them for four years of dedication," Rokos said.

Carry finished his weekend with his best finish of the season on Friday in the giant slalom while Hostetler recorded her third top 20 finish of the season on Saturday by placing 18th in the slalom.

"It was nice to end on a strong note. You always hope for a little more, but I am just happy to be going out with some solid skiing," Carry said. "It's been amazing here. It is so different skiing for a team as opposed to skiing for yourself and I'm really lucky to be a part of it and happy I got four years of it."

"It's bittersweet. It is definitely sad being done with something that I've been doing for my entire life, but it is exciting looking forward to my new opportunities," Hostetler said, mentioning she is interested in putting to use her business marketing degree upon graduation. "I'm going to miss the atmosphere and the family I have here, my teammates are my best friends. It is just so much fun traveling with them and working hard."
"

Men's Nordic race is over. Looks like Buffs lost over half the 34.5 point lead they had over DU, but hopefully the strong women's team can help the Buffs seal the victory.

Phew- it looks like the Buffs JUST held on with a 3-4-5 finish by the women, while DU earned 1-2-7. (With only 1.5K left, CU tweeted that DU had 1-2-3 at that point, which would have given them the victory.)

Congrats to the team! Bringing home the hardware once again!

Back