What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CUBuffs.com: Buffs Host Pivotal Matches Against No. 13 Stanford and Cal (Stanford, Friday, 6:00)

RSSBot

News Junkie
image_handler.aspx

BOULDER — Colorado returns to Coors Events Center for another pair of pivotal Pac-12 matches this weekend. CU hosts No. 13 Stanford on Friday, November 4, at 6 p.m. The Buffs will face California on Sunday, Nov. 6, at 12 p.m.

Friday's match against Stanford will be televised live nationally on Pac-12 Network, while Sunday's contest against California will be broadcast live on Pac-12 Mountain and Pac-12 Bay Area. Live stats for both matches are available at CUBuffs.com.

FRIDAY'S PROMOTIONS
  • Fans can get $1 hotdogs at the match (limit two per person).
  • Fans who bring their football ticket stub from the Thursday, Nov. 3 UCLA football game will get free admission.
  • There will also be a post-match autograph session on the concourse above section 4.

SATURDAY'S PROMOTIONS
  • Fans can purchase four general admission tickets for $10.
  • There will be a youth clinic following the match for kids eighth grade and under. Register at CUBuffs.com/VBClinic.

Continue reading...

Live Video - Stanford Match is available on Pac 12 National channel, and BOTH matches are on the Bay Area and Mountain Network channels. For those whose cable/ satellite subscription includes the Pac 12 network, folks should also be able to view the Stanford match via http://pac-12.com/womens-volleyball/event/2016/11/04/stanford-colorado-0 and the Cal match via http://pac-12.com/womens-volleyball/event/2016/11/06/california-colorado-0 .

Live Stats - http://www.sidearmstats.com/cu/wvball/

Last edited by a moderator:
Best of wishes to the team this weekend. Get some big wins!

Note- for those with the time and inclination, great opportunity for a Buff doubleheader tomorrow, with soccer at home starting at 3:00 followed by vball at 6:00. And, with it being $1 hot dog day at volleyball, even food needs (for of course non-vegetarians) can be met within the 2 matches! (Please also note the free admission to Stanford volleyball match for those with UCLA football game ticket stubs.)

This week's player show-

Last edited:
I like it best when a match is on the national network. I enjoy it more on television than on the computer.

Let's take this one match at a time and Beat Stanford!

Match has begun. Cu takes timeout after a tree multi- point run gives them a 5-9 early lead.

Buffs play the trees at minimum even late, but the deficit was a little too much, and it's a 19-25 1st set.

Buffs are in the 2nd set through the midway point, but then give up an ~7-9 point service run, and lose the 2nd 16-25.

So, as normal in the wacky momentum filled rollercoaster that is vball, the Buffs come back and get the 3rd 25-14.

Buffs had a 3-4 point lead early in the 4th set, had a few consecutive loose kill attempts that went long and tied the score, then the teams played evenly until the mid teens, when stanford made some nice plays to pull away and win the set 20-25 and the match 3 sets to 1.

Buffs just need to brush this one off and get ready for Cal.

I was there. I know Stanford can be tough, because they are so physical at the net, but the Buffs looked inconsistent to my untrained eye. Third set was great. Bummer overall. Beat Cal on Sunday.

Buffs have not been consistent for quite a while. They don't seem to focus for an entire match. Talent is there, but they don't play like it.

Yes, time to get their act together and beat Cal.

I recorded Nebraska vs. Penn State as it was on the same time as CU's match. Very well played match by both teams that went 5 sets. Nebraska owned the 5th set. It is fun to watch to highly ranked teams play each other, which happens almost every weekend in the B1G. Penn State still has to visit Nebraska this season.

Team should win when it hits .314 vs Cal's .157.

On to the Oregon schools next weekend. Need every match to be a W.

Team should win when it hits .314 vs Cal's .157.

On to the Oregon schools next weekend. Need every match to be a W.

Yep. At 13-11 (5-9), they need to win the last 6 to finish 19-11 (11-9) to have confidence of getting selected. I think the door's still open with a 5-1 finish, but it would be very tenuous.

Don't understand how the Buffs lost to Cal when they played at Cal. Would be real nice to have that one a W rather than an L.

Didn't play like they wanted to win at Cal. Next weekend they play the Oregon schools, then Washington schools at home, then at ASU and Utah. This team is 1-7 on the road. I can only hope than can go at least 5-1

Back