What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CUBuffs.com: Buffs Notes: Lacrosse, Track, Soccer, Volleyball All Home This Week

RSSBot

News Junkie
image_handler.aspx

BOULDER — News, notes and quotes as Colorado's spring sports head into the heart of their schedules:

Biggest game in town this weekend? It will be hard to top Friday's 3 p.m. Colorado-Stanford lacrosse matchup at Kittredge Field, pitting the 11-1 Buffs (No. 5 in two national polls, No. 6 in another) against rival Stanford.

If you want to catch Mark Wetmore's track and field crew in action, this weekend is your last chance to see the Buffs in Boulder. Colorado will host the annual CU Invitational on Friday and Saturday at Potts Track.
A handful of field events are set for Friday, with the bulk of the events scheduled Saturday. Admission is $5.

Want to get an early look at the Buffs volleyball and/or soccer teams? This weekend is the perfect opportunity.
Jesse Mahoney's volleyball team will continue its spring schedule Saturday with a pair of matches, including a 1 p.m. tilt with rival Colorado State at the Coors Events Center that will be open to the public. Mahoney's second team has several key returnees from last year's team, which recorded five wins over top 25 foes, along with some transfers who could have an immediate impact next fall.

Sunday, Danny Sanchez's soccer team will continue its spring schedule by welcoming UNC for a 7 p.m. game under the lights at Folsom Field. The Buffs, who finished 15-6-1 last fall and tied for second in the Pac-12, opened their spring season with a 2-2 tie vs. Air Force.

Admission to both games is free.

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
A plethora of options for Olympic sport and/ or Buff fans this weekend!

Although I assume it will gets its own thread also in a day or two, wanted to mention early that I hope some/ MANY Allbuffians can make it out to the Stanford lacrosse game Friday afternoon. In addition to trying to get the 0 off their 0-6 lifetime record against the trees, the Buffs will also be celebrating its BIG (in quantity, quality and importance) senior class on Senior Day as the Buffs' end the home portion of their regular season before ending conference play with 4 straight road games.

Of course, its also always fun to get any reports on the spring games of the fall sports, so if anyone attends and wants to "report" back on their impressions of the soccer and/ or volleyball teams, I know I'll appreciate it. (If nothing else, assume it will be interesting/ different for the soccer team to have one of their matches at night in Folsom Field.)

And, it should be fun to see what the track and field teams are up to, especially for the top distance runners, as I think this may be when many/ some of them arise from their post-indoor race season "hibernation" and start competing again***. Meanwhile, hopefully the sprinters and field folk will continue to amass some more PR's and wins, and or course wouldn't mind a new CU record or two.
( ***I believe this meet is typically just a rust-buster for most of the top distance crew, as there are bigger meets on the road from next week through early May as the individual runners start trying to earn NCAA regional-qualifying times before (non-multi event) Pac 12 Championships start May 13th. However, thinking about it a little more, after the last CU indoor meet where quite a few Buffs DID qualify for NCAA indoors'with top (altitude adjusted) times, I'm not sure what might happen Saturday.)

Per http://www.cubuffs.com/news/2017/4/...ciate-head-coach-spring-schedule-changed.aspx , adjustment to the volleyball schedule this weekend-

"
UPDATED SPRING SCHEDULE:
The schedule for CU's spring volleyball tournament this Saturday, April 8, has been modified since it was announced a month ago. The Buffs will play Colorado State at 11 a.m. in the George Boedecker Court, which is the upper court in the practice facility. Northern Colorado will then square off against CSU at 12:15 p.m.

The final match of the day will be between CU and UNC at 1:30 p.m. in the main gym at Coors Events Center. All three matches are free and are open to the public.

The Buffs' spring training block will run through the end of April. They will host one more match at CEC on April 22 against Wyoming at 12 p.m.
"

Another schedule change- this time soccer. (Looks like they won't be playing in Folsom after all.)

Back