What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CUBuffs.com: Buffs To Host 31st Annual Rocky Mountain Shootout (Cross Country)

RSSBot

News Junkie
image_handler.aspx

BOULDER – The University of Colorado men's and women's cross country teams will host the 31st Annual Rocky Mountain Shootout on Saturday, October 1 at the Buffalo Ranch Cross Country Course on CU's South Campus.

For the eighth straight year the Rocky Mountain Shootout will have two races; open and unattached runners will compete in the same race as the collegiate competitors. The men's 8-kilometer race will start things off at 9 a.m., while the women's 5.8-kilometer race will follow at 9:45 a.m.

The meet is one of the longest running collegiate cross country races in the nation and will have participants from some of the top NCAA Division I and Division II programs along the Front Range, which include Colorado's second-ranked women and fifth-ranked men. The Buffaloes will race against several Front Range opponents which includes Northern Colorado, Western State, Colorado School of Mines and a few others.

Olympic Bronze Medalists Emma Coburn and Jenny Simpson, former member of the CU cross country and track & field teams, will serve as honorary starters for the races. Coburn medaled in the 3,000-meter steeplechase and set the American record in the process, while Simpson medaled in the 1,500. Both were the first American female to medal in their respective events.

Results will be available at CUBuffs.com. Admission and parking are free.

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish only the best to the cross country teams this season.

Hope some Allbuffians can make it out to South Campus Saturday morning to see the teams live in their only official races in Boulder this season.

It was a beautiful morning for watching racing, and the Buffs had a good day.

On the men's side, sophomore John Dressed led the way and got the win, followed by red-shirt frosh (I believe?) Joe Klecker, with a slew of Buffs following them it before it seemed any other team's runner came in.

In the following women's race, believe the announcer said senior Erin Clark became only the 3rd Buff to EVER break 20 minutes on the course, joining Olympians Kara Goucher and Jenny Simpson. I believe he also said at least 2 other Buffs had top 10 all-time best times, with at minimum junior Kaitlyn Benner and sophomore transfer Makena Morley going into the all-time list, with sophomore Dani Jones I believe getting 4th not too far back. (Unless I missed someone, the 5th Buff runner, often THE key in cross country, didn't come in until quite a bit later, but I also didn't see quite a few expected Buffs racing, so maybe/ hopefully it was just a training schedule thing.)

Back