What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CUBuffs.com: CU Takes On No. 7 Notre Dame, Marquette On The Road (Lacrosse)

RSSBot

News Junkie
CU Takes On No. 7 Notre Dame, Marquette On The Road
Continue reading...

"
BOULDER - Colorado's lacrosse team will wrap up its season-opening road trip this weekend when it faces Notre Dame and Marquette on the road. The Buffaloes (2-0, 2-0 MPSF) will be looking for their first win over a nationally-ranked opponent on Friday at seventh-ranked Notre Dame at 7 p.m. ET/5 p.m. MT. Sunday's contest at Marquette starts at 1 p.m. CT/12 p.m. MT.

CU's 2-0 record is the first time in the program's third season that the Buffs have started with two wins. The season-opening 11-10 victory at Denver was the first win over DU in school history and CU followed that up with an 18-4 win at Fresno State.
"

For Notre Dame game starting at 5:00 MT Friday-
Live Video (Couldn't see anything indicating it requires subscription, so hopefully it's free?)- http://watchnd.tv/#!/games/1961587
Live Stats- http://www.und.com/gametracker/laun...hool=nd&sport=wlacros&camefrom=&startschool=&

For Marquette game on Sunday starting at noon MT-
Live Stats- http://www.gomarquette.com/gametrac...ol=marq&sport=wlacros&camefrom=&startschool=&

Last edited by a moderator:
Game has started and stream linked to in OP is free. No score early. (Since I've been watching, Buffs with best scoring opportunities after 3 fouls, but the ND goalie has stopped them all.)

Stout defenses on both sides so far. TO ND with 16:16 left in the 1st half and still a scoreless game.

Notre Dame has taken control. TO Buffs with ~2 minutes left in the 1st half, down 0-4. Way too many turnovers, with last Buff shot being ~10 minutes ago.

Buffs get one of their best scoring chances in the closing seconds of the half but can't convert. 0-5 ND lead at the half.

Lacrosse being the momentum game it is, all of ND's goals were within an 8 minute period late in the half.

Well, looks like this has turned into one of those "character test" type of games for the team, as the Buffs have given up 3 EASY goals to ND in less than 2 minutes to start the 2nd half. 0-8

Think I'm turning the game off. It's become a ND shooting gallery. 12-0, with them scoring 7 in less than 10 minutes to start the half. Way too many easy goals this half.

Well, looks like the Buffs did fight to the end, as they end up scoring a few goals, with the final being 4-14. No disgrace for the still young program against a #5 ranked squad.

Just need to shake this one off and improve on Sunday against Marquette.

Article on the loss to Notre Dame- http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=210750739

"
NOTRE DAME, Ind. - Colorado's lacrosse team suffered its first loss of the season on Friday, falling 14-4 at No. 7/6 Notre Dame. The Fighting Irish improved to 4-0 on the season, while CU dropped to 2-1.

"We know from experience that it takes 60 minutes to win a game and we have a lot of respect for Notre Dame," said head coach Ann Elliott. "I think they can attack in so many different ways and they're explosive. While we were able to kind of hold them for 20 minutes, after that we weren't able to do what we needed to do to take advantage of some of those opportunities on our offensive end and take care of the ball. I think in the end, it wears on you and Notre Dame ended up capitalizing."
"

Game with Marquette has begun. 1-1 early per Twitter (Gametracker not working for me).

Congrats to the lacrosse on another win!

Although Marquette didn't have a win going into this week after playing some tough squads, they destroyed Cal (I think it was something like 16-4) their last game, so this is a solid road result for the Buffs as they finally get some home games (3 in a row) starting this Thursday against James Madison.

Back