What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CUBuffs.com: Evans Scores In Second Half, But Buffs Settle For 1-1 Draw (Soccer)

RSSBot

News Junkie
image_handler.aspx

BOULDER - Danica Evans scored 10 minutes into the second half, but No. 22 Colorado settled for a 1-1 draw with No. 23 Utah on Friday at Prentup Field. CU finished the regular season with a 14-5-1 record, including 8-2-1 in the Pac-12. The Buffaloes are currently tied with Southern California for second place, but the Trojans play their final match of the season tonight at 8 p.m.

Utah is now 11-3-5 and 6-1-4 in the Pac-12, finishing fourth.

UP NEXT: CU will find out its opponent for the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Monday. The NCAA Selection Show will be streamed live on NCAA.com at 2:30 p.m.

NOTES: Kahlia Hogg made her first appearance since Oct. 6 against Oregon after missing six matches with a knee injury ... it was CU's first tie of the season ... CU is now 7-3-2 all-time against Utah.

Continue reading...

Other match items-

Boxscore - http://www.cubuffs.com/boxscore.aspx?path=wsoc&id=9310

Goal highlight and, mainly, interview with senior Danica Evans -

Last edited by a moderator:
From 12th place last season to a tie for 2nd in the Pac 12 standings this year. HUGE congrats to the players and coaches for a great year so far!
(Buffs secured the 2nd place tie finish when USC suffered a 0-1 mini-upset loss in their rivalry match against UCLA last night.)

Hopefully the Buffs still have a win or two left to go (at NCAA's). Or, lets say six more wins; six sounds like a nice #.

From 12th place last season to a tie for 2nd in the Pac 12 standings this year. HUGE congrats to the players and coaches for a great year so far!
(Buffs secured the 2nd place tie finish when USC suffered a 0-1 mini-upset loss in their rivalry match against UCLA last night.)

Hopefully the Buffs still have a win or two left to go (at NCAA's). Or, lets say six more wins; six sounds like a nice #.

How many years early do soccer recruits commit? I'm trying to gauge the impact this season would have on recruiting, especially if they go deep in the tourney. Seems like they're already recruiting for 2019 to me, so the immediate impact would be with potential transfers?

How many years early do soccer recruits commit? I'm trying to gauge the impact this season would have on recruiting, especially if they go deep in the tourney. Seems like they're already recruiting for 2019 to me, so the immediate impact would be with potential transfers?

To directly answer your question, I'd say the coaches are probably mainly recruiting for the 2020 class now, and that will be where most of the next commit announcements come from (although of course things change in recruiting, and there probably still will be a few 2017-19 commits that come up before those classes formally sign-on). As to transfers, Coach Sanchez and his staff seem to be as active as anyone at CU in picking up quality transfers (usually Colorado or regional players "coming home"), so that definitely could continue, although I could see it lessen some as more of his recruited players populate the roster***. Just eyeballing the starters in this Utah match, I believe at least 4 were transfers and, at minimum, that doesn't include senior Khalia Hogg, who would have been a sure starter if she hadn't been injured quite awhile ago. (It was great to see her get to play a little for the 1st time in over a month yesterday!)

***Did also want to mention that it seems like, in general, the last couple classes already in Boulder (2015 and 16) have already seen an uptick in overall quality (although there are also some great players on the team from the 2012-14 classes), and 2017-19 also look strong (to the extent anyone, let alone an ignorant general fan like I, can tell). With the long lead time in most "Olympic sport" team recruiting, even though he is now in his 5th year leading the Buffs, the 2015 class (or maybe even 2016?) was probably the 1st that was totally (or mainly?) a result of Coach Sanchez and his coaching staff's efforts.

Going forward, the Buffs look to already have an experienced and proven base for the next few years, even as I'm sure more players come in to challenge the veterans and replace the seniors. Again, looking at the Utah match, only 4 starters were seniors, with the remainder all underclassmen (4 sophomores and 3 freshmen).

Also, forgot to mention in my earlier post. Although the season isn't over yet, as of now redshirt-freshman goalie Jalen (J.J.) Tompkins evidently has the highest save % in CU history. Congrats to her and the teammates who have helped her achieve this (and of course keep it up during the NCAA tournament!)!

Agree with Aztec on the recruiting question. CU is most likely working on the 2020 class and perhaps a player or two for 2019. In the last two signed classes Sanchez has added a Canadian near signing day. So if CU is going to add any more players to the 2017 or 2018 classes it seems like they would be foreign or a transfer. And yes, CU has struck gold with transfers.

Here's a list of CU commitments from an online spreadsheet. To be honest, on paper the upcoming classes don't look to be as good as the current group of freshmen, but who knows?

upload_2016-11-5_22-18-5.png

Back