What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CUBuffs.com: Hodgkins Prepped For NCAA Regionals (Women's golf; May 6-8, 2019, East Lansing MI)

RSSBot

News Junkie
image_handler.aspx

BOULDER — The University of Colorado junior Kirsty Hodgkins is ready to compete at the East Lansing Regional, May 6-8, at Forest Akers West Golf Course.

This will be the third NCAA regional for the Queensland, Australia native, but her first as an individual. She competed the last two seasons with the full team. This campaign she has recorded a 74.06 stroke average, which includes a season-best 4-under 215 (76-69-70) from the Pac-12 Preview where she finished tied for third.

"I am very excited," Hodgkins said after learning she had qualified. "It will be weird not going as a team but I'm very excited that I get to represent Colorado and we can still make a name for ourselves."

Continue reading...

Live leaderboard - http://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=player&tid=16071

Last edited by a moderator:
Best wishes to Ms. Hodgkins as she tees off later today!

(Looking at the pairings link, she is teeing off "9:53 - (hole) 1". Assume that's ET, so 7:53 AM MT.)

Solid 1st round by Kirsty Hodgkins has her in a tie for 15th at even par after round 1 of 3 at her NCAA regional tournament. (Leader is at -4.)

Looks like Kirsty Hodgkins had a slightly rough final round (+4), so finished at +4 and so didn't qualify for the NCAA Championships. (Looks like she missed being in a playoff for the the 3rd individual qualifier spot for the Championships by one stroke.)

Still a very solid tournament for her. Hope she has a great and productive summer!

Note- The article below definitely brought home to me once again how tough the "student-athlete" thing really can be sometimes. If I can remember back to the dark ages when I went to college, I used to be emotionally and usually physically wrecked around finals time, (and I was NOT an engineering major). For her to have that finals pressure ALONG with playing overall very well against many of the best collegiate golfers in the U.S. is VERY impressive to me.

Article -

Direct link - https://cubuffs.com/news/2019/5/8/womens-golf-hodgkins-closes-play-at-ncaa-regional.aspx

"
By: Seth Pringle, Assistant SID
Release: May 08, 2019

EAST LANSING, Mich. – Colorado junior Kirsty Hodgkins wrapped up the final round of the NCAA East Lansing Regional on Wednesday. She finished the week tied for 15th, missing out on a shot at a playoff to advance to the NCAA Championships by one stroke.

Hodgkins managed the 6,387-yard, par-72 Forest Akers West Golf Course with rounds of 72-71-76-219 (3-over). Her 54-hole total tied Esther Lee's 2016 finish for the fifth best by a Buffalo at an NCAA Regional.

Michigan State's Allyson Geer-Park (73-73-72-218) finished tied for 11th, edging out Hodgkins and Charlotte's Cecilie Finne-Ipsen for the final qualifier spot.

"Unfortunately, it was a tough day for Kirsty," head coach Anne Kelly noted after the day's round. "She hit the ball like a tour pro but struggled with the greens."

The timing of the NCAA Regionals directly overlapped with the University of Colorado's final exams. Hodgkins was still responsible for studying and taking the exams while juggling the 54-hole tournament.

"I think after studying and taking three engineering finals during the most important week of golf she was mentally and emotionally drained," Kelly added. "She had some late nights of studying and early mornings of golf. It's just a shame that the timing of the tests and tournament can't be a little different. We are so proud of Kirsty. She gave everything she had this week."
"
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Note - It was a good tournament from the confernce- pride perspective, as all 3 Pac 12 teams in the East Lansing Regional (#5 Arizona, #14 UCLA and #4 Stanford) are part of the 6 team contingent that qualified for the Championships final. (#1 USC, ASU and Washington also qualified out of other regions, so 1/4 of the teams qualifying will be from the Pac.)

Back