What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CUBuffs.com: No. 18 Buffs Face Tough Road Test at USD Invitational

RSSBot

News Junkie
image_handler.aspx

The No. 18 Colorado volleyball team is set for another competitive weekend of non-conference action, this time heading to San Diego, Calif., for a pair of matches at the San Diego Invitational.

Continue reading...

Helpful links (from USD's schedule at http://www.usdtoreros.com/sports/w-volley/sched/usd-w-volley-sched.html)

For match against Univ. of San Diego (start time is 8:00 PM MT Friday)-
Live Video
Stream - http://www.wccsports.com/game-center/578d575ce4b0081d4d6a1d51/
Live Stats - http://www.usdtoreros.com/gametrack...ool=usd&sport=wvolley&camefrom=&startschool=&

For Match against UC- Irvine (Start time is 3:00 PM MT Saturday)-
Live Video
Stream -

Live Stats - http://www.cstv.com/gametracker/lau...hool=fo&sport=wvolley&camefrom=&startschool=&

Last edited by a moderator:
Big week for volleyball.

USD is ranked #15 and won at Stanford (coming back from 0-2 on the road).
UCI won 3-0 at then #7 USC.

Even a split would be a successful tournament. If the Buffs could get 2 wins, we're in the conversation for a Top 10 rank.

As long as the team plays like a top ten team and doesn't get blown out of the gym.

I have added streaming and live stat links to the OP for the USD match later today, as well as Saturday's UC-Irvine (UCI) match.

Also, a Note- The 1st tournament match was Thursday evening. After losing the 1st set 18-25, USD came back and beat UCI convincingly the next 3 sets (-19 -14 -18) to win in 4.

I was able to get the early match to load and play, so am hoping I will get to see the Buffs match.

Stream working fine so far (with no commentary). Live stats not working for me yet.

7 all early in the 1st.

And Buffs lose the 2nd 18-25. Going to need a metamorphosis to win this one.

(So far, serve receive not looking good, with the Buffs shanking a few too many returns and, even when they don't, USD is showing a very strong defense that isn't letting many balls hit the ground on the Buffs 1st kill attempt, so the Torreros are getting great opportunities to get kills even on their own serve. USD's defense is what I remember from last year's match in Boulder; hard to score on then and now.)

Buffs call TO down 17-20 in the 2nd. Nice rally by the Buffs from farther back to get it close (I believe 15-16), but one or two loose points since have given USD a decent lead again.

Buffs get a couple points back- 19-20. to usd. (Great rally and perseverance by the Buffs to get their 18th point.)

And USD sweeps the Buffs, getting set 3 21-25. In addition to obviously being a good club (being ranked #15), the Torreros don't seem to be a good match-up for the Buffs, at least based on the 2 matches I've now seen.

The team just needs to shake this one off and get ready to take down the Anteaters tomorrow afternoon.

Buffs ran into a buzzsaw last night. USD was dialed in and played at an amazingly high level. The digs they were making were crazy. Not just getting there, but the way they controlled them. And the accuracy of their hitting was ridiculous. This was not a case of CU beating themselves. USD played the best match I've seen from anyone this year.

Credit where it's due. That squad should be in the Top 10. And if USD continues to play like that, they are a real threat in the NCAA tourney.

Now let's rebound and beat UCI to get a split from this trip.

No shame in loosing at USD. Now the Buffs need to win the rest of their non-conference matches, which is doable.

I would like to see the Buffs schedule USD regularly as they are always solid and give CU problems. CU needs to learn how to beat these types of teams.

Yes, the remaining non-conference schedule is winnable. I am concerned since CSU has lost 4 straight matches. Can they get so fired up that they can beat the Buffs next weekend?

Agree to do well in the Pac 12, CU has to beat ranked teams on the road, not just in Boulder

Yup. Buffs so far are 0-2 in true road games. Their wins are all either at home or at neutral sites. They need to learn how to win on the road.

Looks like the Buffs already took game 1 25-15, but it's tight (10-9 CU) in the 2nd.

1-1 on this trip is decent enough. Love the bounce back against a dangerous UCI squad.

Back