What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CUBuffs.com: Rise Of CU Lacrosse Program Has Been Rapid

RSSBot

News Junkie
Elliott's Buffs Head East To Face No. 7 Northwestern This Week
Continue reading...

"
BOULDER — In less than three years, the Colorado women’s lacrosse team has gone from starting from scratch to knocking on the door of the postseason.

It’s been an accelerated trajectory that not many people could have expected — but also not one that has come as a surprise to anyone who knows head coach Ann Elliott.

Elliott came to Colorado from Northwestern, where she played on three national championship teams and served as an assistant coach on another three national title squads. Her goal when she arrived as CU’s first head coach was simple: make the Buffs as competitive as possible as quickly as possible. She immediately began recruiting on a national basis, established a challenging schedule from the outset — and the results have been outstanding.

“When we started our first year, we tried not to have expectations as to what should, could and couldn’t happen,” Elliott said. “I think that limits you. In my time at Northwestern, I learned that you never want to limit yourself. You have to push yourself to your best potential and you have to believe in that.

“When I arrived here, I had a trajectory of this program based pretty much on Northwestern’s first four years of their program. We’re not there yet. We’re on the path, but we have a lot of work ahead of us to get where we want to go.”
"

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice general "State of the program" article on the lacrosse team.

Hope they keep grinding and keep improving! (And, more immediately, hope they're able/ were able to get out of DIA for tomorrow's Northwestern game.)

Oops- looks like the Buffs probably did NOT get away yet.?. (Confirmed via added tweets.)

Last edited:
Back