What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cue the SEC fans

Should SEC get special consideration?

• Yes. 12-1 SEC Champ belongs

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • No. Undefeated big boy conference team trumps SEC

Votes: 90 94.7%

• Total voters
Oh Jesus Christ, objective means without personal bias. The rankings weren't done by ME, they have nothing at all to do with me. If the BCS and the AP think 5 or 6 SEC teams are included in the Top 10 - that's their call - not mine. Give it a rest!

:lol: The fact that you didn't formulate the rankings does not make them objective.

As an aside, thank goodness we have a 4-team playoff coming in the near future.

Last edited:
:lol: The fact that you didn't formulate the rankings does not make them objective.

As an aside, thank goodness we have a 4-team playoff coming in the near future.
That's the stupidest post I have ever seen on ALLBUFFS. Look up the definition of objective.

[h=2]ob·jec·tive[/h][uhb-jek-tiv] Show IPAnoun1.something that one's efforts or actions are intended toattain or accomplish; purpose; goal; target: the objective of amilitary attack; the objective of a fund-raising drive.

2.Grammar .a.Also called objective case. (in English and some otherlanguages) a case specialized for the use of a form asthe object of a transitive verb or of a preposition, ashim in The boy hit him, or me in He comes to me with histroubles.

b.a word in that case.

3.Also called object glass, object lens, objective lens.Optics . (in a telescope, microscope, camera, or other opticalsystem) the lens or combination of lenses that first receivesthe rays from the object and forms the image in the focalplane of the eyepiece, as in a microscope, or on a plate orscreen, as in a camera.

adjective4.being the object or goal of one's efforts or actions.

5.not influenced by personal feelings, interpretations, orprejudice; based on facts; unbiased: an objective opinion.

6.intent upon or dealing with things external to the mind ratherthan with thoughts or feelings, as a person or a book.

7.being the object of perception or thought; belonging to theobject of thought rather than to the thinking subject (opposed to subjective).

8.of or pertaining to something that can be known, or tosomething that is an object or a part of an object; existingindependent of thought or an observer as part of reality.

Sweet

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/objective?s=t

Oh Jesus Christ, objective means without personal bias. The rankings weren't done by ME, they have nothing at all to do with me. If the BCS and the AP think 5 or 6 SEC teams are included in the Top 10 - that's their call - not mine. Give it a rest!

Those polls are the compilation of the OPINIONS of a bunch of people. That is about as subjective as it gets.....

I think somebody on AllBuffs said "never argue with an idiot because he will drag you down to his level".

We also say "never argue with an SEC fan about the SEC because he will break his neck sucking their dick"

I think somebody on AllBuffs said "never argue with an idiot because he will drag you down to his level".
You are right. And on this subject, I think allbuffs has generally broken that rule by responding to you.

:lol:
That's an absolute total crock of $#!T. Last year LSU played Oregon - beat the $#!T out of them 40-27, and the score wasn't that close. I remember Unleash Hell predicting Oregon would win along with WSP and many others on this site. They also beat West Virginia in Morgantown,who was ranked, 47-21, and the score again wasn't that close. In 2010 they played North Carolina, who was supposed to be big $#!T, and West Virginia, and beat both of them. Next year they play TCU in the kick off classic. So blow it out your @$$.

:rofl:

Me (as well as a lot of other posters on this site): the SEC isn't as good this year as their advocates position them to be. The advocates' positions are based upon bias created through previous years' performance and, to some extent, media and fan-created hype

77: That's not true! Look at their performance in previous years! Look at the unbiased opinion of a bunch of people! These are the same people who said Arky was a top 10 team, and who had USC as the best team in the nation before the season! Certainly, they have nothing to gain for keeping the same teams in the top 25 to end the year as they had prior to the season!

Why don't you go stick your head in the sand some more... this is why people hate the SEC zealots like you.

:rofl:

Me (as well as a lot of other posters on this site): the SEC isn't as good this year as their advocates position them to be. The advocates' positions are based upon bias created through previous years' performance and, to some extent, media and fan-created hype

77: That's not true! Look at their performance in previous years! Look at the unbiased opinion of a bunch of people! These are the same people who said Arky was a top 10 team, and who had USC as the best team in the nation before the season! Certainly, they have nothing to gain for keeping the same teams in the top 25 to end the year as they had prior to the season!

Why don't you go stick your head in the sand some more... this is why people hate the SEC zealots like you.
Your'e right, I changed my mind - the Pac 10 is by far the best conference - top to bottom. Especially the bottom teams of the Pac 10 which are very strong.

Your'e right, I changed my mind - the Pac 10 is by far the best conference - top to bottom. Especially the bottom teams of the Pac 10 which are very strong.

If Tennessee had not fumbled the ball away and had beaten SCar like they should have you would have said that SCar just shows how hard it is to win in the SEC.

When UDub beats Stanford you and a lot of SEC fans claim that it shows the Pac12 is weak.

Can't have it both ways. Sorry.

If Tennessee had not fumbled the ball away and had beaten SCar like they should have you would have said that SCar just shows how hard it is to win in the SEC.

When UDub beats Stanford you and a lot of SEC fans claim that it shows the Pac12 is weak.

Can't have it both ways. Sorry.
Everything you guys have said is right on. How stupid of me to think the SEC is any good?
The PAC 12 is the strongest Conference bar none, the addition of Colorado and Utah put them over the SEC. Just my opinion - very subjective.
Not completely objective like you guys. I'm born again PAC 12. Long live Kyle Whittingham and Jon Embree.

Everything you guys have said is right on. How stupid of me to think the SEC is any good?
The PAC 12 is the strongest Conference bar none, the addition of Colorado and Utah put them over the SEC. Just my opinion - very subjective.
Not completely objective like you guys. I'm born again PAC 12. Long live Kyle Whittingham and Jon Embree.

That's never been the argument.

You're kinda turning into a drama queen, though. I like it.

You are free to point out the posts where anyone said the SEC was not very good. You are also free to point out where anyone said the PAC-12 is the strongest conference, bar none.

Okay, good, we're past that now.

I will try to put this in the simplest terms possible: no one is disputing that some very good teams reside in the SEC. No one is proclaiming the PAC-12 as superior to every other conference. We are simply saying, that for 2012, the SEC is likely overrated. Pointing to subjective rankings is not a compelling argument. Pointing out the relatively easy schedules of several SEC schools is a compelling argument. Pointing out that SEC teams get the benefit of the doubt, while strong PAC-12 teams of equivalent strength do not, is a compelling argument.

Avoid a meltdown in your response to this post...

Let's look at the SEC schedule this week.

1. Arky @ Miss St (conf game)
2. Ole Miss @ LSU (conf game)
3. Wofford @ SCar (****ING joke to be having a game like this in week 12)
4. Tennessee @ Vandy (conf)
5. Syracuse @ Missouri (good OOC game)
6. Georgia Southern @ UGA (****ING joke to be having a game like this in week 12)
7. Samford @ Kentucky (****ING joke to be having a game like this in week 12)
8. Jacksonville St @ UF (****ING joke to be having a game like this in week 12)
9. W Carolina @ Bama (****ING joke to be having a game like this in week 12)
10. Sam Houston St @ TAMU (****ING joke to be having a game like this in week 12)

My prediction: The SEC goes undefeated in OOC games in week 12 with Missouri's win over Syracuse being the only good win. SEC teams ranked high keep their ranking, if not go higher because someone below them drops a game.

Sorry, I can't respect that.

Edit: 6 ****** OOC games this week, 7 total with only 1 being a good matchup. DAT SEC speed! Oh and a lot of this was done so that they have an advantage in their rivalry games next week (some against the ACC).

Last edited:

You might be the most obtuse person on this site and that says a lot seeing that Creatini and bcs are regulars. Sorry guys :lol:

You can't say that because such and such a team lost a conference game it means its hard to win a conference game.

It's hard to win a conference game every year, regardless of conference. The coaches know the tendencies of the other coaching staffs, the tendencies and skill levels of the players they are lining up against and then you have the homefield advantage.

Does the south have some of the best talent? Yes. Does the SEC have some of the best coaching? Yes. Does the SEC have some of the best crowds in CFB? Yes. Does the SEC have the best facilities, across the board, than any other conference? Yes. Does the SEC have some bad teams? Yes. Does having 14 teams dilute the brand? Yes. Is it top to bottom the best conference this year? I would actually argue it is. Does that mean it's the NFL and the other conferences are the JV team? Absolutely not.

$EC lucky that the Big XII and Pac-12 are so deep that nobody can go through them undefeated..... :smile2:

I really don't see how Oregon losing to Stanford in OT is a worse loss than Alabama losing to Texas A&M.

I really don't see how Oregon losing to Stanford in OT is a worse loss than Alabama losing to Texas A&M.

Those losses are about equal, but the difference is Bama's wins (at LSU, Michigan on a neutral field, UGA, and Miss. St) compared to Oregon's wins (at USC, at Oregon State, UW, UCLA) if both teams were to end up with 1 loss.

Those losses are about equal, but the difference is Bama's wins (at LSU, Michigan on a neutral field, UGA, and Miss. St) compared to Oregon's wins (at USC, at Oregon State, UW, UCLA) if both teams were to end up with 1 loss.

Maybe a slight edge to Bama, but that's the whole damn point. Michigan and Miss. St.? Impressive!

Yup, its stupid and unfortunate but the voters will punish Oregon while barely harming any SEC team.

Why is it difficult to realize the SEC is being rewarded? Oregon had a chance to beat the weakest SEC team in the BCS and got beat. LSU spanked them last year. It is amazing to me that the SEC has won the last 6 titles with 4 different teams and all I see on here is how overrated the SEC is. The SEC is back in now and will make it seven in a row vs Notre Dame.

Oregon also played 9 conference games (10 with the P12C) to Bama's 8 (9). In the non-conference, Oregon also whipped Fresno State which is 9-3 with a win against AFA next week. They also whipped Arkansas State, which would be 9-3 and Sun Belt champs with a win next week. Neither played a great schedule and I'm not sure that Oregon's wasn't better.

Regardless, I think these are the 2 best teams in the country. Maybe USC will take care of business and we'll get to see that game for the championship.

Why is it difficult to realize the SEC is being rewarded? Oregon had a chance to beat the weakest SEC team in the BCS and got beat. LSU spanked them last year. It is amazing to me that the SEC has won the last 6 titles with 4 different teams and all I see on here is how overrated the SEC is. The SEC is back in now and will make it seven in a row vs Notre Dame.

It's amazing you regurgitated the same tired arguments. We are trying to talk rationally about 2012 and only 2012.

Back