What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cue the SEC fans

Should SEC get special consideration?

• Yes. 12-1 SEC Champ belongs

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • No. Undefeated big boy conference team trumps SEC

Votes: 90 94.7%

• Total voters
OK, you agree that the SEC is the best conference. so there's no argument there. As for the gap between the SEC teams and the Pac, well the LSU-A&M-SCar trio you mentioned is 7-8-9, while Stanford-OregonState-UCLA are 13-16-17 respectively, which really isn't all that big of a difference. And these 3 Pac teams will all move up this week, so it's pretty safe to say that the Pac will have a third of their teams ranked in the top 15 of the BCS standings come tomorrow night. That's pretty good representation.

You don't think the gap between 7-8-9 and 13-16-17 is big when it has major national title implications? Come on man. No way you just typed that with a straight face.

If the rankings were reversed, the SEC fanbois would be suicidal.

Our permanent east opponent (tuk) sucked this year and our rotating opponent (Mizzou) also sucked this year. You play who is on your schedule.

If you don't think Slive did that, much like UGA avoiding LSU and Bama, on purpose in Bama's "rebuilding year" then I have a bridge to sell you.

So if I hear you right, LSU carries the other two teams. Good to know.

Stanford's schedule has been pretty legit, but it's not SEC good I guess.

No, LSU doesn't carry the other 2, A&M knocked off the consensus #1 team a week ago.

Stanford had a very nice win tonight no doubt and they barely lost at South End, but Pitt and Purdue have that same claim.

No, LSU doesn't carry the other 2, A&M knocked off the consensus #1 team a week ago.

Stanford had a very nice win tonight no doubt and they barely lost at South End, but Pitt and Purdue have that same claim.

So if we're being honest, Stanford should be ranked right about 7th or 8th.

If you don't think Slive did that, much like UGA avoiding LSU and Bama, on purpose in Bama's "rebuilding year" then I have a bridge to sell you.

conspiracy_cat.jpg

You can't meme your way out of this.

UGA avoided Arky, LSU and Bama last year. They added 2 new teams and surprise they missed LSU and Bama this year. Weren't they supposed to at least get one of those teams?

You can't meme your way out of this.

UGA avoided Arky, LSU and Bama last year. They added 2 new teams and surprise they missed LSU and Bama this year. Weren't they supposed to at least get one of those teams?

In the SEC you have one permanent opponent and one rotating opponent in the other division. UGA plays the barn every year. They rotate the other west teams on a home and away basis. UGA will never play UA and LSU in the same year in the regular season. If you think the schedule was set up to give UGA or UA an easier schedule I doubt I will ever convince you otherwise.

OK, you agree that the SEC is the best conference. so there's no argument there. As for the gap between the SEC teams and the Pac, well the LSU-A&M-SCar trio you mentioned is 7-8-9, while Stanford-OregonState-UCLA are 13-16-17 respectively, which really isn't all that big of a difference. And these 3 Pac teams will all move up this week, so it's pretty safe to say that the Pac will have a third of their teams ranked in the top 15 of the BCS standings come tomorrow night. That's pretty good representation.

I'm done reading this thread. For a while I thought you were messing with people, by pretending to not understand that we were discussing relative placement between conferences. And if you were messing with us, I applaud you, brilliantly done.

But if not, you exemplify every bad stereotype of the South. You have yet to address the argument. It's amazing really.

All the arguing is pointless, the SEC just lost in a more advantageous time. the deeper into November you loose, the less chance you have of survivng. Also the West Coast teams will never get the respect of the east coast media, those clowns are in bed by the time the last game is played in the PAC.
Its the same story different year.

All the arguing is pointless, the SEC just lost in a more advantageous time. the deeper into November you loose, the less chance you have of survivng. Also the West Coast teams will never get the respect of the east coast media, those clowns are in bed by the time the last game is played in the PAC.

Do you remember that year when there were undefeated teams from the Pac 10, Big 12, and SEC? Do you remember who got left out?

Then I find it interesting that Wilner, who covers the Pac for a bay area newspaper, has 6 SEC teams in his top 9 in his latest ballot. That's 1 more SEC team in the top 9 than the new AP Poll has, which of course includes all those East-coast bias reporters.

In the SEC you have one permanent opponent and one rotating opponent in the other division. UGA plays the barn every year. They rotate the other west teams on a home and away basis. UGA will never play UA and LSU in the same year in the regular season. If you think the schedule was set up to give UGA or UA an easier schedule I doubt I will ever convince you otherwise.

And Bama plays Tennessee every year, right? So Bama will never play Georgia and Florida or South Carolina in the same year.

The system may not have been set up to give UGA or Bama an easier schedule, but that's the effect at this point.

With the number of teams in the $EC each team doesn't play with an 8 game schedule in a 14 team league, you have to look at the team's schedule and treat that as the conference they play in. Bama, LSU and aTm are irrelevant to UGA, as they don't play them (at least in the regular season). Fla, USC East and UGA are irrelevant to Bama, as they don't play them. Right now, the $EC as it applies to Bama consists of:

LSU
aTm
Ole Miss
Arkansas
Mississippi State
Auburn
Missouri
Tennessee
Alabama

Which isn't a terrible conference, but not exactly a murderers row, either. It's pretty likely that conference is going to produce 4 bowl eligible teams, including Bama. Similarly, the $EC that UGA plays in consists of:

USC East
Florida
Tennessee
Kentucky
Missouri
Vandy
Auburn
Ole Miss
UGA

Again, probably 4 bowl eligible teams in that conference, including UGA. And where Bama at least played Michigan OOC, UGA's OOC schedule was Buffalo, Florida Atlantic, Georgia Southern and Georgia Tech. Forgive me if I'm not feeling faint with awe over the incredible schedule they've had to conquer to reach #3 in the country....

Back