What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Current Conferences/BCS Title Game

VCBuff

Thinking about the current BCS configuration, I hope we aren’t headed for an annual matchup of the winner of the SEC vs the winner of the OU/UT game in the BCS title game. With the new conference championship games for the Pac-12 and the Big 10+2, its going to be pretty difficult to get an undefeated team out of either of those conferences. The SEC is guaranteed a bid with either an undefeated or a 1 loss team. The gap between OU & UT and the rest of the Big 12-2 is going to be much wider than it has been recently for say USC or Oregon in the Pac-10 or the best team in the Big 10+2 over the rest of the conference; so the likelihood of the winner of that game going undefeated is better than it was for the old winner of the Pac-10 or Big 10.

I will tire very quickly of repeated matchups of OU/UT vs the winner of the SEC.

I dont think that this will be a problem. Usually by the end of the year so much has gone on that the better teams are more apparent - it's not just all about the records.

Also, Texas won't be great again for a few years (they have no QB) - so you only have to worry about OU for now - but they are overrated this year.

I dont think that this will be a problem. Usually by the end of the year so much has gone on that the better teams are more apparent - it's not just all about the records.

I don't know, how many times did tOSU go when they didn't deserve it?

I think an undefeated or one loss team out of the PAC-12 is almost assured a trip as well (as is an undefeated/one loss Big 10 team). It's OU/Texas that should be concerned -- w/o a championship game it will be easy to stick them in another BCS game instead of the NCG. Kind of like what used to happen to the Pac-10 teams.

Back