What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU's Big 10 opponents close to being announced?

who? Are you aware that MOST high profile BCS programs will only do 2 for 1's unless TV comes in to broker a deal? Ohio State, Miami, and LSU are some of the teams that will do home and home series.

PSU- Nope except when prodded to do the Bama game
Michigan- Nope
Florida- Nope
Florida State- Nope

It is not as easy as you think....
We don't need another BCS game. We need wins! Pac 12 teams that are doing home and home series that played a BCS team in the 2011 OOC schedule:

Washington and Nebraska (2010 and 2011)
Utah and Pittsburgh (2010 and 2011)
USC and Minnesota (2010 and 2011)
USC and Syracuse (2011 and 2012)
UCLA and Texas (2010 and 2011)
Stanford and Notre Dame (Rivalry Game, Yearly)
Oregon State and Wisconsin (2011 and 2012)
Arizona State and Missouri (2011 and 2012)
Arizona and Oklahoma State (2011 and 2012)

Last edited:
The "we're not good enough to dictate terms in our non-conference schedule" argument has netted us:

-A Friday night national TV in Toledo after playing the prior Sunday
-A dumb 10-year agreement to play the RMS in Denver
-A 13 game schedule with no bye weeks and only five true home games (including a non-conference game against a conference opponent)

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

It is amazing how the posters that feel a 1 off game is beneath us. First of all, scheduling is a difficult thing to do unless you are content with playing 2 cupcakes at home. Then you can always make a home and home with a big time program. Secondly, teams are not jumping at the possibility of playing at Folsom with the altitude. Lastly, we have sucked the last few years.

As soon as we start being ranked consistently, then we can demand more of our scheduling.....

I literally cannot think of one single BCS school (aside from apparently us and our AD who doesn't understand how deterimental this is) that schedules 1-off games.

Last edited:
I have no problem if we do an away game with no return as long as it's at Indiana and we get millions for it. That way we get paid and add a win to the record.

Bohn's options here:

1. Find a Big Integer team to come to Boulder for a 1 off (obviously the preferred choice - if anybody will do it)
2. Wait until 2015 to start scheduling Big Integer teams
3. Open a spot in 2013 to give room for 2 home and home series before 2017.
4. Do a one off road game and a home and home against Big Integer teams in 2014-2016

So, if #1 isn't possible, what would everybody prefer between #2,3 or 4?

Oh, and it's one thing to talk about not wanting 10 BCS games, it is going to happen by 2017. We can schedule cupcakes for a few years, but it's going to come to an end.

Bohn's options here:

1. Find a Big Integer team to come to Boulder for a 1 off (obviously the preferred choice - if anybody will do it)
4. Do a one off road game and a home and home against Big Integer teams in 2014-2016

Oh, and it's one thing to talk about not wanting 9 BCS games, it is going to happen by 2017. We can schedule cupcakes for a few years, but it's going to come to an end.

I wouldn't have an issue with the B1G teams if the Pac 12 played 8 conference games, but with nine, playing 10 BCS teams is a lot in the regular season. The Pac 12 needs to drop the conference games to 8 games or the NCAA needs to add one or two games.

I wouldn't have an issue with the B1G teams if the Pac 12 played 8 conference games, but with nine, playing 10 BCS teams is a lot in the regular season. The Pac 12 needs to drop the conference games to 8 games or the NCAA needs to add one or two games.

No way should we be giving up conference games...

Sweet more bohner scheduling like we are the 85 bears. Face it we aren't very good how about we stay at the shallow end of the pool for a couple.of years.

I have no issues with a home and home with a Big Ten team leading into the Big 10/PAC-12 challenge.

Bohn's options here:

5. Do a one off neutral site game (i.e. Northwestern or Illinois at Soldier Field). Weren't there supposed to be some of these as part of the deal?

Oh, and it's one thing to talk about not wanting 10 BCS games, it is going to happen by 2017. We can schedule cupcakes for a few years, but it's going to come to an end.
#5? Not my preference, but maybe an alternative to a pure one off.

I wouldn't call playing Illinois at Soldier Field a "neutral site game". That's kind of like playing UT at Jerryworld.

Playing Illinois at Arrowhead would be a neutral site game. And it would suck. I sure as hell wouldn't go to see that.

From 9 to 8? We played eight in the Big 12, what's the issue with dropping one of those? With eight it gives you flexibility in the OOC, nine not so much.

And it helps the conference as the teams don't all beat up on each other so much. I too wish it was an 8 game schedule, but with the deal that all Cali schools play each other every year or whatever it is, then 9 is necessary I believe. And I'll take a 9 game schedule in the PAC south over some 8 game schedule that puts us and Utah with the north schools.

We're headed for a 14-game schedule anyway. A 9-game conference schedule is no big deal. Get ready for a full 11-game schedule with three OOC games. I can't tell you when it's going to happen, but I would be very surprised if it isn't already in the works.

who? Are you aware that MOST high profile BCS programs will only do 2 for 1's unless TV comes in to broker a deal? Ohio State, Miami, and LSU are some of the teams that will do home and home series.

PSU- Nope except when prodded to do the Bama game
Michigan- Nope
Florida- Nope
Florida State- Nope

It is not as easy as you think....

No offense Philly, but tini is owning you in this thread. We are a big time program and need to act like it. If Florida, FSU, Michigan and PSU aren't willing to do home and home with us then **** em, and move on to the next team that does. I could give two ****s if we are playing those programs in the future especially considering that we are soon going to effectively have 10 of our 12 games taken up by BCS programs. Colorado needs to do what is right for OUR program not their program.

No offense Philly, but tini is owning you in this thread. We are a big time program and need to act like it. If Florida, FSU, Michigan and PSU aren't willing to do home and home with us then **** em, and move on to the next team that does. I could give two ****s if we are playing those programs in the future especially considering that we are soon going to effectively have 10 of our 12 games taken up by BCS programs. Colorado needs to do what is right for OUR program not their program.

This exactly, I understand the luckeye game but now we have some money. We should even do the same when we have enough money, start paying some money to have a BCS (bad bcs who is down) come here and get an easy win as OSU did with us last year. Hell throw money a ton of money at Maryland, Syracuse, Indiana or Minnesota or someone like that to come play a one and done here

Last edited:

It is easy to get owned by tini if he eliminates the 2 most important factors affecting our schedule right now.....

he completely disregards the fact that teams do NOT want to come to Folsom for the altitude factor and we are NOT an attractive team to schedule right now unless we go on the road.

Sure.... eliminate those facts and I guess I am owned.....

It is easy to get owned by tini if he eliminates the 2 most important factors affecting our schedule right now.....

he completely disregards the fact that teams do NOT want to come to Folsom for the altitude factor and we are NOT an attractive team to schedule right now unless we go on the road.

Sure.... eliminate those facts and I guess I am owned.....

Assumes facts not in evidence.

I dunno, the folks from Georgia sure seemed to be pretty much OK with a home/home. They sent a lot of people to Boulder. I'm fairly certain that Boulder remains a good travel destination, even for folks in Pennsylvania. I mean hey, Pennsylvania is a garden spot and all, but Boulder does have it's unique charms just the same.

This exactly, I understand the luckeye game but now we have some money. We should even do the same when we have enough money, start paying some money to have a BCS (bad bcs who is down) come here and get an easy win as OSU did with us last year. Hell throw money a ton of money at Maryland, Syracuse, Indiana or Minnesota or someone like that to come play a one and done here

Minnesota is the only team on that list that is realistic. Maryland & Syracuse have so many schools around them with much less travel to schedule.... they aint coming here. Indiana? Look at their non conference history..... They play teams like Ball State, Western Michigan, Akron, and Toledo etc..... They don't play a BCS team.......

I love how some of you invent facts to fit your argument that we should schedule "better."

For me, a lot of the scheduling debate comes down to the AD actually rewarding a fanbase that has stuck by the program in a really bad period of football. A reward to those fans is giving them more home games in Folsom, not less.

Also, we are installing new video boards and then there are the massive facility upgrades that should be coming sooner rather than later... and yet we are still struggling to find six games in Folsom in some years? Come on.

I dunno, the folks from Georgia sure seemed to be pretty much OK with a home/home. They sent a lot of people to Boulder. I'm fairly certain that Boulder remains a good travel destination, even for folks in Pennsylvania. I mean hey, Pennsylvania is a garden spot and all, but Boulder does have it's unique charms just the same.

All PSU cares about is having 7 home games a year. The home games are financial windfalls for their city. That is why we cancelled our 2-1 with them because they would not do a 2-2.

CU changed the 1-2 policy shortly after the FSU series.

All PSU cares about is having 7 home games a year. The home games are financial windfalls for their city. That is why we cancelled our 2-1 with them because they would not do a 2-2.

CU changed the 1-2 policy shortly after the FSU series.

Fine. Then the hell with PSU. Honestly, we shouldn't be taking on any one-offs or 2-1 deals. If PSU doesn't play by those rules, then they can play whoever they want to. OTOH, their own conference may be dictating to them a little bit. They may not have much of a choice in the matter.

As much as we engage in a discussion here.... I do think we will have very little flexibility in 3-5 years on scheduling..... we will be locked in to 9 conf games, 1 Big 10, 1 CSU, and probably a cupcake. 14 games? someone said that..... sure looks like it is heading that way.

Bottom teams from each conference:

ACC:
Maryland vs West Virginia (2010-2017)
Maryland vs. California (2008-2009)
Duke vs. Stanford (2011-2012)
Duke vs. Northwestern (2015-2018)

Big East:
Syracuse vs. USC (2011-2012)
Syracuse vs. Notre Dame (2014-2017)

Big 12:
Kansas vs. Georgia Tech (2010-2011)

Big 10:
Minnesota vs. USC (2010-2011)
Minnesota vs. North Carolina (2013-2014)
Indiana vs. Missouri (2013-2014)
Indiana vs. USF (2015-2016)

Pac 12:
Washington State vs. Wisconsin (2014-2015)
Arizona vs. Oklahoma State (2011-2012)

SEC:
Tennessee vs. Oklahoma (2014-2015)
Tennessee vs. Nebraska (2016-2017)
Ole Miss vs. Texas (2012-2013)
Ole Miss vs. Clemson (2015-2016)
Ole Miss vs. Georgia Tech (2017-2018)

I think I saw three times when a team scheduled a one and done.

Washington State can get Wisconsin for a home and home... that says it all, doesn't it?

14 games? someone said that..... sure looks like it is heading that way.

I'm the one who said it, and all the evidence suggests that's where we're headed. First, you have the SEC expanding to 14 teams. That's too many to handle in a 12 game season. Second, you have the Pac 12/Big 10 deal combined with the Pac 12's 9 game conference schedule. Again, that gives teams very little flexibility in OOC scheduling. Conference realignment is causing a lot of scheduling issues. We're moving towards having 4-5 power conferences that each work in conjunction with each other. The NCAA is slowly losing it's power and influence. When the conferences make the request, and you know they will, the NCAA will have very little power to stop it. Lastly - you have the money angle. More games = more money. It's only a matter of time.

Bottom teams from each conference:

ACC:
Maryland vs West Virginia (2010-2017)
Maryland vs. California (2008-2009)
Duke vs. Stanford (2011-2012)
Duke vs. Northwestern (2015-2018)

Big East:
Syracuse vs. USC (2011-2012)
Syracuse vs. Notre Dame (2014-2017)

Big 12:
Kansas vs. Georgia Tech (2010-2011)

Big 10:
Minnesota vs. USC (2010-2011)
Minnesota vs. North Carolina (2013-2014)
Indiana vs. Missouri (2013-2014)
Indiana vs. USF (2015-2016)

Pac 12:
Washington State vs. Wisconsin (2014-2015)
Arizona vs. Oklahoma State (2011-2012)

SEC:
Tennessee vs. Oklahoma (2014-2015)
Tennessee vs. Nebraska (2016-2017)
Ole Miss vs. Texas (2012-2013)
Ole Miss vs. Clemson (2015-2016)
Ole Miss vs. Georgia Tech (2017-2018)

I think I saw three times when a team scheduled a one and done.

So you are criticizing CU for a 1 and done....

but havent we scheduled home-home with:

Hawaii
ASU
LSU (rescheduled)
Fresno St.
California
Minnesota

so we are killing CU for some scheduling issues that arose with the cancellation of the UNC series? That is what started this chain of events of grabbing a game here and a game there.... with Toledo, Ohio State, etc....

I'm the one who said it, and all the evidence suggests that's where we're headed. First, you have the SEC expanding to 14 teams. That's too many to handle in a 12 game season. Second, you have the Pac 12/Big 10 deal combined with the Pac 12's 9 game conference schedule. Again, that gives teams very little flexibility in OOC scheduling. Conference realignment is causing a lot of scheduling issues. We're moving towards having 4-5 power conferences that each work in conjunction with each other. The NCAA is slowly losing it's power and influence. When the conferences make the request, and you know they will, the NCAA will have very little power to stop it. Lastly - you have the money angle. More games = more money. It's only a matter of time.

well if it is 14 games... then I go with 'tini' model.

Back