What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU's Big 10 opponents close to being announced?

Not positive but pretty sure that we didnt get a home and home with Michigan in the 90's. I believe we played 2 at the Big House with one in Folsom. 94, 95(Folsom) then 97 I think. We couldnt get one back then, with most of the time being in the top 10 or 15, I dont see it happening these days. Could be wrong I guess.

The game at Folsom was in 96 ... I was at all three CU-UM games in the 90's (and the one in 74 ... lived in A2 from 71-95).

Yeah wasnt positive on the year, guessed 95. I remember it being 20-13, game CU should have won too. I still hate Tai Streets that lucky bastard.

I just threw up in my mouth - a lot. It is funny how we can't wait to get rid of the classiest fans in college football, but you assholes want more pissbombs and assaults of your grandmothers.

This has probably already been discussed but this Big-10 series puts the Pac-12 at a competative disadvantage as far as getting to bowl games and the quality of those bowl games. The SEC and ACC for example are locked into 8 games against BCS conference schools, the Big-12 and Big-10 are locked into 9 games, and we'll be locked into 10 games against BCS schools every year.

This has probably already been discussed but this Big-10 series puts the Pac-12 at a competative disadvantage as far as getting to bowl games and the quality of those bowl games. The SEC and ACC for example are locked into 8 games against BCS conference schools, the Big-12 and Big-10 are locked into 9 games, and we'll be locked into 10 games against BCS schools every year.

I actually agree with you here and this is my biggest complaint.

I think you guys are overplaying the competitive disadvantage angle. An extra game against a BCS opponent probably means 1 or 2 teams fail to get to six wins and a lower level bowl, but the conference is more concerned about how the top 2-3 teams perform (i.e, BCS bowl game money). In 2011, the top three teams were Oregon, Stanford, and USC. Oregon played 10 games against BCS opponents, Stanford played 11 (counting ND), and USC played 12 (again counting ND).

I recognize the conference wants to be be strong top-to-bottom, but an extra BCS game for each school will not be the deciding factor IMO.

What the hell did I just read? JRK not being an asshole and making a legitimate point?

-looks out window to check for flying pigs...

I think you guys are overplaying the competitive disadvantage angle. An extra game against a BCS opponent probably means 1 or 2 teams fail to get to six wins and a lower level bowl, but the conference is more concerned about how the top 2-3 teams perform (i.e, BCS bowl game money). In 2011, the top three teams were Oregon, Stanford, and USC. Oregon played 10 games against BCS opponents, Stanford played 11 (counting ND), and USC played 12 (again counting ND).

I recognize the conference wants to be be strong top-to-bottom, but an extra BCS game for each school will not be the deciding factor IMO.

And...strength through mediocrity is a losers formula.

Yeah wasnt positive on the year, guessed 95. I remember it being 20-13, game CU should have won too. I still hate Tai Streets that lucky bastard.

Our only losses that year were to Michigan and Nebraska, almost a repeat Hail Mary win. Nebraska game was close too., if I recall we kept NU out of the endozone all game, they won on FG's alone, and Chris Anderson dropped a couple easy TD's.

[video=youtube;4ozxqmM8SF0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ozxqmM8SF0[/video]

Last edited:
I would like to see it at Wisconsin for selfish reasons. That way it would be easy for me to see the game. I went to the last game at Wisconsin in '95. That was the weasel's first game and the Buffs blew away the Badgers. All the weasel had to do for 2 years was show up as McCartney's machine was running on its own. I remember walking to the stadium in my old Colorado jersey and the Wisconsin students were slinging as much profanity at us as their little minds could come up with. They were really quiet on the walk back to the car. Hopefully Jon has the team believing they can win on the road wherever they go by the time these games start up.

buffalo30 I didnt think anyone lived in maybell. If I had to guess I would say you are either a rancher or a ski bum dropout from steamboat or a dirty raft guide (which doesnt exclude out option 2).

buffalo30 I didnt think anyone lived in maybell. If I had to guess I would say you are either a rancher or a ski bum dropout from steamboat or a dirty raft guide (which doesnt exclude out option 2).

Heywood, I don't think there is anyone in Maybell, either. I have Maybell on there as a joke. I've been in Wisconsin for a long time. Here in Wisconsin I've always felt I might as well be in Maybell. Colorado Springs is my home town.

Back