What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU's Proposed Capital Projects List

I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks it's annoying, in fact I know I'm not.

It's annoying as **** when you have people falling into you or grabbing onto you so they don't fall because they rock back and forth.

Son, that's called bleacher surfing. It's a time honored f**king tradition at CU. Get the hell used to it and stop your bitching.

:lol:

Now that tini's been schooled, I think we can safely say that they'll probably do whatever needs to be done to the bleachers if there are any safety/liability issues.

On another note...

Does anyone know if it's possible with modern seating design for chairbacks to be installed in premium seating areas without reducing stadium capacity? Would be nice and make a real difference, imo.

Didn't realize it was a tradition. Why the **** is it only on select rows then?

The track and field facility should be the highest priority. CU could be a force in track if we invest more in it.

We need to upgrade our football facilities and Folsom first unless T&F is revenue generating.

:lol:

Now that tini's been schooled, I think we can safely say that they'll probably do whatever needs to be done to the bleachers if there are any safety/liability issues.

On another note...

Does anyone know if it's possible with modern seating design for chairbacks to be installed in premium seating areas without reducing stadium capacity? Would be nice and make a real difference, imo.

Even if they kept the bleachers and just put backs on them I think that would help, and wouldnt reduce seating at all.

We need to upgrade our football facilities and Folsom first unless T&F is revenue generating.

What exactly do you think a Pac 12 network will be broadcasting out of Boulder during the springtime?

The track and field facility should be the highest priority. CU could be a force in track if we invest more in it.

While I agree that the facilities are really bad and need to be upgraded, our location is the biggest obstacle to us ever fielding a perennial top 20 T&F team. Sprinters and jumpers generally do not like training in cold climates.

Didn't think it warranted a whole new thread, but (at the risk of outing myself as a Lions fan) looking at pictures of the high school indoor practice facility the Lions are practicing in during the lockout re-affirmed just how embarrasing our bubble really is: http://detnews.com/article/20110518...Day-reminds-Lions’-Nate-Burleson-of-‘Bel-Air’

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/articles/2011/03/29/sports/local/doc4d91234fd1cc5582858488.txt

Better link.

That was 6 million, but that would not be enough to warrant changing form the bubble. If we build something permanent, it has to be bigger and nicer. Bigger as in taller for the kicking game, and nicer in terms of the facility in general. Has to be multi use. Needs to be as nice as we can make it; and big enough that we can upgrade it later if needed.

Last edited:
and it's not even just the main pool that's crowded, Clare Small and the one in Carlson are also nearly always at capacity, i'm told. i swim 2-3 times a week b/ween 6:30 and 8 AM, give or take....and if the club team is there, the Master's classes that are b/ween 7-8:30 on MWF....in the spring you are screwed a lot of the time (partially due to bad policy and poor Rec management....imo)...club team, triathlon team, ROTC shows with 40 guys sometimes kind of without a posted schedule...so, they move lap swim over the Clare....but really only accommodate about 7-10 swimmers at once MAX. or: you got to wait. and i don't time for that in the AM a lot of times and since they never post any hours for the club teams "informal" swims where they occupy 5 lanes, it's a total crap shoot.

the plan i heard about but clearly didn't pass muster was to knock the wall out b/ween the current pool and Clare...and build an Oly size pool going north-south. but, since Clare is already sliding into Boulder Creek a few inches a year, i don't know if the old retaining wall could have done the job.

but, like i say, the pics of the "new pool" with all kinds of waterfalls and circular islands and crap looked really cool. though, i'll lay it at the feet of the current student voters lack of critical capacity to NOT realize there won't be margs and Coronas, too.

big loser is the possibility of swimming and diving to D-1. Club teams are dominant at their level and it would seem to make some sense to invest in a move up for them. all you need is the infrastructure investment and you've got no Title IX issues and very little per season cost outside travel (which every sport will have)...and then what?...CU speedos and duffel bags which Nike is prolly buying for you. there are probably a dozen peeps in Boulder right now who would be competent swim coaches as former triathletes, swimmers, etc....who would love to get back "in the game".

I guess the only hope we have for getting a swim and diving team to CU in the future is if the proposed training center in Boulder actually breaks ground in the next few years. It could be a cheap way for CU to field a swim team without having to field the capital construction costs. I'm sure the CU teams could use the space for a small nominal fee.
http://www.dailycamera.com/news/ci_16834812

I think the rec center expansion was going to be a non-starter for a proposed D-1 swim/dive/water polo program from the beginning. It's a UCSU facility. The AD isn't going to want to have to negotiate with the UCSU for the use of their pool facilities. Unless they're able to construct and control the use of their own facility, I don't see swimming/diving/water polo making a return to CU as varsity sports. Is Rich Castro still running the Rec Center? From experience, I can tell you he's not the easiest person to work with.

IMO football facility upgrades should occur first. Those being an indoor facility, improving Dal Ward or providing the FB team with a much more up to date area to lift weights...better locker room, meeting rooms, etc. Folsom could use improved video boards and some touch ups (but I don't see the point in expansion until there is a demand for tickets- by this I mean at full price and not Bohn giving away super cheap tickets to put butts in the seats). Sure it's great to have nice facilities for all sports, but football is the main revenue generator, that needs to be taken care of first, not ten to fifteen years in the future.

The list includes a new Fieldhouse...what would that be for?

Youngstown State in Ohio is building a new indoor facility and it seems like it is what we could do for a Fieldhouse.

watts02.png

2hoz8gk.jpg

Suppose we are able to put in a track like that, would that mean the end of Balch Fieldhouse?

arched roof doesn't seem to really make much sense....

I agree. Kick into a net. Go outside for 15 minutes if you want to get standard reps. It's good to get practice kicking in bad weather game conditions anyway.

Roof just needs to be high enough to accommodate indoor T&F and deep passing, imo.

remember guys that this building can also house offices and other things, so it doesn't need to be a tiny building. We need to start think on a grand scale.

Back