What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

cyler miles...voluntary leave

I wouldn't count that one as a sure bet.

Who was the QB that committed to CU then ended up getting his offer pulled and went to Kansas from Valor. Valor has an academic program designed to keep star athletes eligible.
Academics were far from the issue, the kid shoved a broomstick up a kids ass at Valor.

Academics were far from the issue, the kid shoved a broomstick up a kids ass at Valor.

As I said academics weren't the issue. That doesn't mean that Valor didn't make the academics easier for him and some of his teammates.

You are right though in that what got him in trouble was being a first class jerk in a lot of ways. Valor put up with that until they were done with his ability to help them on the field then invited him to move on.

Fact is that all of the private schools that want to establish a name for themselves with athletics make certain "accommodations" for athletes to allow them to succeed on the field or court.

This statement does not work in the reverse. Not all athletes are stupid or academically inferior, whether or not they were "accommodated."

Too bad we don't play Washington this year. Even before he left, they had the fewest returning starters in the Pac-12.

This statement does not work in the reverse. Not all athletes are stupid or academically inferior, whether or not they were "accommodated."

Never said that this is the case for all athletes. There have been plenty of guys who were quality athletes who also happened to take full advantage of the educational opportunities provided by the private (or public) schools they attended. Kids who have the drive to work at being outstanding athletes often have that same drive translate into the classroom.

I have no question that all three of the schools mentioned in the post that started this thread running this direction can point to kids who excelled both athletically and academically.

The entire intent of what I posted was to point out that it is a complete fallacy to say that a student athlete who went to Mullen was automatically given a free ride in the classroom while at the same time trying to imply that kids who go to Valor are all participating in some rigid academic program of high standards. Yes Mullen did/does have an easier track for some athletes, so does Valor, and so do almost all private schools who rely on athletic success to keep them in the news.

This shouldn't be implies to mean that all or even most athletes take advantage of the easier path, only that it is there and supporters of a particular school should be careful about denegrating another school on that basis while ignoring the realities of their own school.

Was there an update on Miles that said this has anything to do with academics?

Was there an update on Miles that said this has anything to do with academics?

No, only information was that it was a personal situation, and as far as I am concerned it should be left at that unless some contrary information comes out.

I was responding to the post that implied that since he went to Mullen he was given a free ride academically that also tried to state that Mullen is different in that regard than Valor or Regis.

For Cylers case I hope that he is able to resolve whatever this situation is and get on with his normal life soon.

I'll just say what everybody is thinking: Had he gone to CU, none of this would have happened.

Back