What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

D and game predcition

cu3x

Last week, the O-line stunk, the O-skill players were, for the most part, shaky. The D backfield more than adequate and D-line and backers good.

If the D can keep them at 20 or below, we win. playing at home, with a strong crowd - this is a realistic possibility. I think we score around 30. I'm saying 27-20

Go Buffs

If the o-line can't do a better job of run blocking,I fear that our defense will be hard-pressed to keep us in the game.We need the run game to keep us on schedule, set up the play action, take the pressure off Hansen, and most importantly, keep the defense off the field while Cal's defense starts to struggle with the altitude. If the o-line can't get the run game working better than last week, I don't see us holding Cal under 4 tds.

This is one week where I think 20 points would get the win. Just have very little confidence we can get to 20 though.

D can't do anything about any speed they lack, but tackling must improve. Don't get burned giving them second chances with missed tackles.

If the o-line can't do a better job of run blocking,I fear that our defense will be hard-pressed to keep us in the game.We need the run game to keep us on schedule, set up the play action, take the pressure off Hansen, and most importantly, keep the defense off the field while Cal's defense starts to struggle with the altitude. If the o-line can't get the run game working better than last week, I don't see us holding Cal under 4 tds.

I literally agree with Alfred here.

If the O-line and the offense can't sustain drives our defense will have a long day. Hawk used to say that time-of-possession is an overrated stat, which leads me to conclude that it's very important in general, but I happen to believe it's especially important in this game.

Let's sustain some drives, Buffs! If you don't, I will punch my own head...literally.

time of possession is an overrated stat for teams that score fast and a lot of points. say what you want about smashmouth football and downhill rungame....but the whole LEach-y, OU sort of deal is putting points on the board. 8 minute drive when you can't sustain them.....adds up to a loss. you have to play D. OU and Colt McCoy may lose in the BCS game when the SEC champ has athletes that can play man on their WR's and have the hosses up front to get pressure with 4....but, most of the time.....scoring fast is not a bad stat. as Hawk said. but, not in the way he meant it.

when you are finishing 11th and 12th in the conference with CU's all-time leading passer....i think that criticizing TOP as a stat raises a lot of ugly question usually glossed over at the time.

out of past mode.

today is the day, beat Cal.

Back