What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Breaking: D.J. Eliot officially hired as D.C.

I heard it was Sam Elliott.

16ELLIOTTJP-master675-v2.jpg

Uninspiring. Let's hope he's better at keeping a good defense at a high level than he is at taking a dog **** defense and making it better.

Is there anything wrong with him? I've never heard of this guy.
Well, he is either, highly underrated, having fallen victim to a rebuildinging scenario as DC, and soon to be the next lights-out DC; or he is some poor schmuck MikMac scooped out of the recycle bin after he waited for all the other schools to fill their DC slots with the coveted hires made between 12/14 and 1/17. Or some combination of the two.

Ummm... I'm not in the know at all, but at first glance, this appears to be an awful hire. I could be completely wrong though.

I don't get this at all to be quite honest. His defenses weren't even average at UK, they were downright bad.

Offense is going to have to improve this next season just to take pressures off the D.

Pretty much the hire I expected. UKs defense was Stoops' D and same will be true now at CU. I wouldn't give him credit for success or failure so much.

Young, moldable, Colorado ties. Mac wants control of the defense. Guy better be a dynamic recruiter. If so, I think he checks the boxes.

Mac needs to pay on other side and STs now. He was never going to spend big on DC, nor should he. That's his domain.

Gonna trust MMac on this one...his hires after his initial staff have been lights out. This guy will learn our system (MMac's) and not bring in the U.K. one. Guessing he gets what we are trying to do w our scheme.

Glad to hear he is a good recruiter tho.

Back