What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

D Scott In Prime Time Tonight

Good points on bailing midseason. In general though, I don't fault the players for transferring when they don't feel like the situation is working how they expected. They have to take a pretty big hit to transfer.

That's how I feel about it too. I get that the way he left and when he left sucked and was poorly thought out, but it wasn't working out here. He left, it was better for us and better for him.

He had a sick hurdle on a Pitt defender. Fumbled two plays later, but it sure would have been fun to see what EB could have done with him. Of course, if that happened, he might also be riding the pine and nicknamed Daria.

Good game, I'm glad to see him land on his feet. It was a dicey situation here so I don't completely blame him for leaving. I still contend that he is pretty slow for a feature tailback. He'd make a great full back that gets 8-10 carries and 5-6 passes a game in our offense.

I just cannot get upset with D. Scott. I know he left in mid season and that was wrong but the whole situation at that time was wrong. Scott was inactive when he left the team - he had Knee surgery in late October that year and was rehabbing when he quit so his season was probably over anyway.

Some of you guys are such whimps! His knee injury was a strain that would have cost him 2 games, maybe. He quit his F'ing team. That's not wrong, that's the ultimate worst thing that can be done.

against the only two teams on their schedule that arent a joke scott has 24 carries for 109 yards and no scores. Which is pretty much what we saw at CU his best games were against CSU, toledo etc. He seems to like to play against weak competition.

As for his size , he's playing at 239 listed, that is up from 210-215 at CU; where he was fast enough to outrun no one, least of all speedy. I just don't think he has the work ethic to cut it as a feature back in a program that plays real teams.

guy averaged 6 yards a carry last night, and looking at the box score (did not see the game)....looks like USF ran the ball pretty well. maybe should have more to keep their D off the field. i don't get the big weight gain thing. i've seen DS in person, not in pads, on campus a couple times when he wasn't out of shape...looked good. but he doesn't have a huge frame. he was never going to be a Adrian Peterson type beast or Earl Campbell or Eddie George or Ron Dane bigger back at 235 or whatever...that's where you are at. i bet Earl's playing weight was well below that.

DS is a mystery from a chapter i've closed the book.

So for those of you saying he quit on his team, what are your thoughts on Connor Wood? Yea, he wasn't starting, but isn't it basically the same thing?

This stuff happens, players transfer to find better opportunities.

I watched him. Powerful, but slow. No moves. Solid guy to have in the backfield, would be a legendary FB if he wanted to be.

So for those of you saying he quit on his team, what are your thoughts on Connor Wood? Yea, he wasn't starting, but isn't it basically the same thing?

This stuff happens, players transfer to find better opportunities.

Not sure their situations are quite parallel. From what I understand Wood was never really given a chance to compete, too many people playing favorites with the QBs over there. DScott on the other hand was given several opportunities to compete and play, it was practically gifted to him based on his recruiting. Don't get me wrong, I don't completely blame him for leaving, like I said earlier, it was a dicey situation. I chalk it up to bad scouting of player talent, simply put, everyone got it wrong.

I don't get how anyone could've watched the game last night and say Scott is slow and has no moves. M'F'er hurdled a Pitt defender.

Part of what happened with D Scott here is on him, no doubt. But think about how good a job you would do at work if your boss kept telling you to "be the bow" and to "get your horns out," made you push wheelbarrows around all day when you were out sick and ultimately didn't give a **** how your company was doing.

He had a sick hurdle on a Pitt defender. Fumbled two plays later, but it sure would have been fun to see what EB could have done with him. Of course, if that happened, he might also be riding the pine and nicknamed Daria.

Well based off what he has turned a 1300 yard back last year into this year so far, probably not much.

Well based off what he has turned a 1300 yard back last year into this year so far, probably not much.

and with the declaration that we "run the ball". we clearly aren't very good at it, doesn't matter who the coaches are. EB is not working any miracles. it may get better....but, from the staff, after Hawk's BS, i look for the staff to say they are going to do it (whatever it is)....and then do it.

Back