What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

D-Scott's Facebook Status isn't Encouraging

Crazy idea, but maybe we put Scott and Speedy in on the same play? One as running back and the other as receiver. For me it'd be Speedy as RB and Scott as WR, just to get everybody involved like you guys said.

Something else that might be interesting to see is if we put ALL of our RB's in on one play? I have no idea how it'd work, but it'd be kinda interesting, we've got some sorely needed breakaway speed there. :smile:

A little crazy, yeah. DS hasn't worked at that position and to be honest, I don't trust our WR position coach.

I still remember that pass in the Texas game I think, where he got pretty darn close to catching a deep pass. At least give him a shot. But this in no way means changing his position to WR, he's a RB and I think he'll be a fine RB despite starting off slow.

Toledo was the first time a healthy DS got more than 4 carries in a game and he did very well. By the time DS got in the WVU game the play calling was predictable. Give DS and speed each at least 10 carries in the same game and let's see.

Scott had 1 game that he average over 5 yards a carry in. And again in this game he started out getting good yardage with the very first hand-off. Yes I agree he played well against Toledo and ran the ball well, but our O-line was blowing people of the line at during the beginning of that game. I have yet to see DS make anyone miss or create his own opportunity when the hole is not there. Rodney on the other hand seems to get positive yardage even when the blocking isn't the best up front.

Scott had 1 game where he got a decent amount of carries. I fail to see what your point is with starting off running well. So basically, we can give Scott 4 carries a night, if he gets 5 yards per on those, he can have it 12 times. If his OL doesn't block anyone and he only gets a yard or so, he needs to find a spot on the bench? :rolleyes:

Scott had 1 game where he got a decent amount of carries. I fail to see what your point is with starting off running well. So basically, we can give Scott 4 carries a night, if he gets 5 yards per on those, he can have it 12 times. If his OL doesn't block anyone and he only gets a yard or so, he needs to find a spot on the bench? :rolleyes:
He is off to SC, so who gives a rat's a$$?

GL to him at USC and in the NFL. I wonder what round draft pick he'll be. I'll go with 2nd round pick. 1st if PC decides to give him more than 4 carries a game.

Toledo was the first time a healthy DS got more than 4 carries in a game and he did very well. By the time DS got in the WVU game the play calling was predictable. Give DS and speed each at least 10 carries in the same game and let's see.

Take a look at the rushing stats against Toledo for the season. Purdue's top rusher averaged 11 yds per carrie and ran for 234 yds. OSU's top rusher put up 247yds and averaged 9.2. yds. Scott's 7yd average and 85 yds looks much less impressive when you consider the opponent.

Take a look at the rushing stats against Toledo for the season. Purdue's top rusher averaged 11 yds per carrie and ran for 234 yds. OSU's top rusher put up 247yds and averaged 9.2. yds. Scott's 7yd average and 85 yds looks much less impressive when you consider the opponent's weaknesses.

Come on dude, he was only getting carries in the first half and should have gotten more imo. Completely out of it in the 2nd. Toledo couldn't stop the run yet we stopped running. They're not giving him a chance to succeed plain and simple.

Toledo couldn't stop the run yet we stopped running. They're not giving him a chance to succeed plain and simple.

that's what i was posting last night in chat. we run it effectively but never 2 downs in a row or seem to believe that we can run it on 3rd and 3 instead of some samo samo Cody throw it.

i used to think it was the Helfrich thing, but the staff won't trust the players to make plays. they seem to think they'll outsmart people, which clearly isn't happening because these clowns are in over their head against Toledo.

Last edited:
Come on dude, he was only getting carries in the first half and should have gotten more imo. Completely out of it in the 2nd. Toledo couldn't stop the run yet we stopped running. They're not giving him a chance to succeed plain and simple.

We've been watching these two kids for almost a season and a half, and it seems obvious to me that Speedy is the better rb. I honestly can't see how folks think Scott should be back there instead of Speedy, other than the hype.

I think it was another thread, but I stated how I don't want DS to be taking RS carries away. What I want is DS to be taking some of Cody's throws away. I also don't think RS can continue carrying the ball 20+ times a game without breaking down eventually. So I suppose DS should take a few carries away from the guy, but not in the way you're saying.

Yeah, Stewert isn't the premiere RB, almost nobody is anymore. We saw late in the 2nd half that even Speedy's runs weren't going for much. So we need a way to get Scott in there preferably first (but that isn't a big issue) then have Speedy later on to GASH the D.

We've been watching these two kids for almost a season and a half, and it seems obvious to me that Speedy is the better rb. I honestly can't see how folks think Scott should be back there instead of Speedy, other than the hype.

I would argue Speedy has been given a longer leash, more oppurtunity. He's not gonna put his shoulder down and overpower. Scott can. He's already shown it. He's better than any other RB on the team at it. My opinion of course.

Of course this is all mute anyway since we see Cody to McKnight for half the game.

Last edited:
being saying for awhile now i think scott is gonna leave cu soon....if he is smart he will he wont ever get a fair shot ...he showed hes skills in week 2 i think it was when he was avg like 8.2 yards a carrie then hawk said he had a bad knee or somethan then well nm i give it ill be watching him @ucla soon im sure with that being said good luck d.scott.....:cry:

that's what i was posting last night in chat. we run it effectively but never 2 downs in a row or seem to believe that we can run it on 3rd and 3 instead of some samo samo Cody throw it.

i used to think it was the Helfrich thing, but the staff won't trust the players to make plays. they seem to think they'll outsmart people, which clearly isn't happening because these clowns are in over their head against Toledo.

The thing is I like the offense when they keep it balanced. Perplexing as to why they seem to panic and go one dimensional. Why they have Cody throw the ball 52 times is just beyond me. It wasn't like CSU or Toledo. They were in that game last night and still had 24 more passing attempts than rushing attempts. 28 carries from 4 different running backs. Ridiculous.

Last edited:
GL to him at USC and in the NFL. I wonder what round draft pick he'll be. I'll go with 2nd round pick. 1st if PC decides to give him more than 4 carries a game.

Cant imagine he'd go there, he'll never see the field, ask Mitch Mustain.

The thing is I like the offense when they keep it balanced. Perplexing as to why they seem to panic and go one dimensional. Why they have Cody throw the ball 52 times is just beyond me. It wasn't like CSU or Toledo. They were in that game last night and still had 24 more passing attempts than rushing attempts. 28 carries from 4 different running backs. Ridiculous.

Kiesau hasn't shown that he really wants to run the ball. And you won't run the ball very well with 28 carries split between 4 backs. Unfortunately, Kiesau hasn't shown he is much different than Helfrich. And get this, the only factor that now unites the two of them is Dan Hawkins was head coach when they were offensive coordinators. Does that tell you something? It sure tells me something. Coach Dayan is likely micromanaging everything, everything from the personnel who play to the game plan. He shows everyone who is boss and insures that the game plan centers around the quarterback.

When you other RB is getting 5 yards a pop yes.

I would argue Speedy has been given a longer leash, more oppurtunity. He's not gonna put his shoulder down and overpower. Scott can. He's already shown it. He's better than any other RB on the team at it. My opinion of course.

Of course this is all mute anyway since we see Cody to McKnight for half the game.

When. He didn't power over anybody in the Toledo game. The O-line was blowing people off the ball. I don't recall him overpowering and running through anybody in that game. If I missed something please let me know.

When. He didn't power over anybody in the Toledo game. The O-line was blowing people off the ball. I don't recall him overpowering and running through anybody in that game. If I missed something please let me know.

Let us know when our OL has overpowered anyone.... When cu rushes for over 200 yds then you may bring up the term "overpowering".

Let us know when our OL has overpowered anyone.... When cu rushes for over 200 yds then you may bring up the term "overpowering".

Bitch and moan all you want, but when CU was running the ball against Toledo in the first half they were moving the D-line with ease. We didn't lose that game for any other reason than the only way the D got their offense off the field was by letting them get a TD.

Bitch and moan all you want, but when CU was running the ball against Toledo in the first half they were moving the D-line with ease. We didn't lose that game for any other reason than the only way the D got their offense off the field was by letting them get a TD.

Who's moaning ? Don't give me 1 drive of one game. Did our OL push csu, toledo, wv around?

CU seems to run worse in the 2nd half. Cu's OL isn't getting it done in the run game and with their size and "supposed" strength, no excuse for it. Well unless of course they have been over-hyped by our ol coach and head coach but they would never do that....I watched the game 3 times from last night, speedy did most of it on his own. We need an OL with attitude and nastiness, hawk has turned our players into nice guys.

Back