What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

dc Daily Camera Football: Buffs' Shamar Hamilton a work in progress at OLB

RSSBot

News Junkie
There are times when Shamar Hamilton gets on the football field and he feels like he'd rather be anywhere else.

<b>By Brian Howell</b><p><p><i>BuffZone.com Writer</i>
Continue reading...

Well that didn't sound very positive.

Not surprising though, he's at a new school and a new level of football with new coaches learning a new position in a new defense, not much there to cause a guy to struggle a bit.

This though is why it is important to get these guys in for spring ball when the coaches have time to do the work with them. If he was showing up in fall and doing the same thing then you worry about a wasted season.

The positive is that he wants to excel, so there's a good chance he will. Taking the extra reps and working after practice, the lightbulb will eventually go on and he'll start playing naturally instead of being out there thinking all the time. Let's hope that happens by fall camp, because we could certainly use his athleticism at Will this year.

All positive if he truly has the raw tools, but I'd be lying if I said that film showed the short area quickness required. But our D coaches have been right a lot so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Always seemed like a reach to me. But so did Leo Jackson. Most of the other jucos I liked (minus Trego I guess too)

Agree with you on this but do we have the depth that he can do it? Hope so but we will have to see in fall.

I think him playing this fall would probably be in limited action and would be more about moving him through the program in two years instead of three.

Back