What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Daily Camera Men's Basketball: Lucas Siewert trying to build on strong finish for CU Buffs...

RSSBot

News Junkie
As the Colorado men's basketball season dragged toward its unceremonious conclusion, there often was little for the forward-thinking Buffaloes fan to get excited about beyond an intriguing 2017 freshman class.

Continue reading...

"The main thing I'm trying to focus on now is ball-handling and my low post game," Siewert said. "Right now we're playing a lot of pickup, and I'm trying to guard guards so I can work on my lateral movement."

"He's always been a good catch-and-shoot, stretch-four man. And that's good. We like that. But what Lucas needs to add to his game is the ability to put the ball on the floor and attack and make good decisions when he faces the basket, but also to do down low and use his size in a mismatch situation." [Boyle]

Siewert making this jump with his game is one of the big keys to the upcoming season. Can he defend a forward in space? Can he beat an opposing 4 off the bounce? Can he score or draw a foul when posting up? If he can bring those aspects of his game up while continuing to show what he did as a 3pt and mid-range shooter who is aggressive on the glass, Siewert becomes an excellent player in the Pac-12. It's reasonable to think he can do this.

"The main thing I'm trying to focus on now is ball-handling and my low post game," Siewert said. "Right now we're playing a lot of pickup, and I'm trying to guard guards so I can work on my lateral movement."

"He's always been a good catch-and-shoot, stretch-four man. And that's good. We like that. But what Lucas needs to add to his game is the ability to put the ball on the floor and attack and make good decisions when he faces the basket, but also to do down low and use his size in a mismatch situation." [Boyle]

Siewert making this jump with his game is one of the big keys to the upcoming season. Can he defend a forward in space? Can he beat an opposing 4 off the bounce? Can he score or draw a foul when posting up? If he can bring those aspects of his game up while continuing to show what he did as a 3pt and mid-range shooter who is aggressive on the glass, Siewert becomes an excellent player in the Pac-12. It's reasonable to think he can do this.

Any thoughts or opinions on by upgrading his skillset that he loses what he is good at?
Losing instinctive nature and thinking on the floor too much.

Any thoughts or opinions on by upgrading his skillset that he loses what he is good at?
Losing instinctive nature and thinking on the floor too much.
I think he's a natural shooter, so I don't worry about that changing. Some guys can just put the biscuit in the basket. What he and Tad are talking about is adding some aspects to his game that complement his strength. If he can post up a bit, other teams can't decide to cover him with a 6'5" wing to deny ball & shooting space. If he can improve his handle & face-up game, other teams can't contain him with a big and then run a trap at him. I only see what he's working on being able to open up the the parts of his game he does best.

Put it another way, I don't think you'd ask whether a guy who was a great slasher might be compromising his ability to do that if he concentrated in the offseason on becoming a better 3pt shooter. Not like a Namon Wright is going to lose his slashing ability if he becomes a more consistent shooter. Why would working on a post game, handle and lateral quickness make someone worse as a shooter? Shooting comes naturally to some guys.

Really liked his defensive effort at the end of the season. Seemed like one of the only ones who cared outside of White.

He has hands of stone. How do you fix hands of stone? Too bad Michelangelo is dead.

Back