What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Dan Hawkins to Montreal?

I know his problem....he needs that mod haircut back.....and he needs to redirect his grinding to something (or someone) more productive.

Quote from the article

Ask Dan Hawkins a question, and the Alouettes’ head coach invariably laughs out loud. Either he believes media members are dumb or have stupid queries.
That’s the way it’s coming across.

Or, perhaps he’s beginning to feel the heat associated with a three-game losing streak.

The Als entertain the Edmonton Eskimos Thursday night at Molson Stadium. This early in the season, it’s unusual to suggest a game should be considered must-win. But Montreal already has lost both home games this season, after losing only twice at home a year ago.

A 1-4 record heading into a bye week in the schedule could lead to a coaching change – either to Hawkins or offensive coordinator Mike Miller.
They’re all must wins. It creates more drama when you say that,” Hawkins said. “We’re in here working and grinding. Control what we can control.”

Asked if he believed his job was on the line against Edmonton, Hawkins chortled. “I’m always coaching for my job,” he said. “Every day. Every year.”

Bolded, some things never change. Thinking about his record at CU you have to wonder how he ever got hired.

From another article last week

The Als have produced only four touchdowns in three games. But don’t worry, brighter days are ahead, according to Hawkins.

The coach was impressed by the way his team practised on Thursday – its final workout before flying to Calgary. And Hawkins vowed that will translate into a stellar outing.

I’m really big on your day three performance. We had our best day three that we’ve had this year,” Hawkins said. “I’m not like Huf. I don’t have a crystal ball. I look at facts and figures and the science of football. Usually, if day three’s pretty good, you’re probably going to play pretty good.”

Last edited:
Thinking about his record at CU you have to wonder how he ever got hired.

IIRC, the opinion of some folks in the coaching world was that CU was not committed to supporting athletics. So he did the best job he, or anyone else, could've done in his position.

So some people pretty much gave him a free pass.

Not saying that I agree 100%. Just saying what I heard.

I love seeing the same stinky product we saw being dished out somewhere else. Crappy coaching is crappy coaching. Just glad the last two crappy coaching staffs are gone.

If Helfrich was good enough to take over Oregon.....think about how much worse CU would have been without him!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

I'm torn on this. On the one hand, it's painful to see the same line of bull**** getting flung around. OTOH, it's funny as hell to see his incompetence on display somewhere else. He's their problem, and there's a certain level of satisfaction that comes from seeing him fail epically there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I'm torn on this. On the one hand, it's painful to see the same line of bull**** getting flung around. OTOH, it's funny as hell to see his incompetence on display somewhere else. He's their problem, and there's a certain level of satisfaction that comes from seeing him fail epically there.

It's like watching a crazy ex-girlfriend make some other French Canadian dude's life miserable.

IIRC, the opinion of some folks in the coaching world was that CU was not committed to supporting athletics. So he did the best job he, or anyone else, could've done in his position.

So some people pretty much gave him a free pass.

Not saying that I agree 100%. Just saying what I heard.

Uhhh no. It took him 2+ years to find any job in football

well, i have to admit i was wrong--- i was certain that his ineptitude was so obvious after the CU debacle that he would never get another big hc job again. he proved me wrong and got hired in canada, which is almost nearly a big job. then, i was certain that, given our bad karma, he'd totally kick ass in montreal, proving for the world that his time at CU was an aberration. luckily, he's shown his true colors and he's shown them quickly.

now, i say with complete confidence: this is d2 dan's last hc job anywhere that anyone has heard of. uc-davis or equivalent is next for him.

well, i have to admit i was wrong--- i was certain that his ineptitude was so obvious after the CU debacle that he would never get another big hc job again. he proved me wrong and got hired in canada, which is almost nearly a big job. then, i was certain that, given our bad karma, he'd totally kick ass in montreal, proving for the world that his time at CU was an aberration. luckily, he's shown his true colors and he's shown them quickly.

now, i say with complete confidence: this is d2 dan's last hc job anywhere that anyone has heard of. uc-davis or equivalent is next for him.

To add to this narrative I am interested in watching how quickly Montreal's leadership pulls the plug.

There is no way even the Canadians would give him an extra year after its obvious he is in over his head, right?

To add to this narrative I am interested in watching how quickly Montreal's leadership pulls the plug.

There is no way even the Canadians would give him an extra year after its obvious he is in over his head, right?

This is not his first rodeo.

Juicebox and company have a 20-6 lead at the half over Edmonton. They just said Montreal hasn't started 0-3 at home in 40 years. Come on D2 show them how to blow a lead lol.

Juicebox and company have a 20-6 lead at the half over Edmonton. They just said Montreal hasn't started 0-3 at home in 40 years. Come on D2 show them how to blow a lead lol.
Canadian football fan are ya? :rolling_eyes:

Now 27-26 Edmonton. First gave up a long drive then turned the ball over and gave up another TD.

Now this is Dan Hawkins and the "Science of football."

Montreal runs a play where half the team goes left and half right, leaves the QB in the backfield looking for his RB who went the other way, they did manage to pick up the first down of the following play but give Hawkins time and they will soon look like his team all the time.

It's sad that we are cheering for a CFL team to lose. #CUBuffFanProbs

Back