What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Dannewitz joining coaching staff as an intern or grad asst

JimmyBuff

Senior offensive lineman Ryan Dannewitz spent his final game as a Buff with a large brace on his right knee. The 6-foot-6 San Jacinto, Calif., product had surgery to repair a torn knee ligament on Tuesday.

Although his playing career is done, Dannewitz said he's not done with the CU program. After graduating next month, he plans to join the coaching staff.
"I'll be either an intern or grad assistant, depending on if I get into grad school," said Dannewitz, a psychology and sociology major. "I'll further talk with the coaches after the season to discuss what my plans are.

"I think it'll be weird (coaching former teammates), but I think it will be good because I'm already comfortable with them. So, I think they'd trust me to be able to talk to them about technique and work on things."

Interesting. At least the losing isn't driving away the former players.

http://www.buffzone.com/football/ci_22055880/football-cu-buffs-will-pericak-wins-buffalo-heart

I think Dannewitz could develop into a good coach. Glad to see him getting his start.

Wow - senior and a Hawkins guy to coach on the Embree staff- quite the locker room division.

Bit of a bump and you can probably tell that he didn't get the GA job at CU but last I heard he was talking to Hawaii about being a GA.

Back