What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Dare I ask: Is wearing red OK now?

Timbuff10

I don't own a single piece of clothing with red on it that isn't part of the American Flag or the C in the state flag and haven't since the early 90s... As weird as it would feel to wear something red, I think keeping the ban on red going wouldn't be right... NU isn't worth that much.

Now if this Utah thing gets going pretty good in the next few years we can change it up again but I see Utah leveling off at something like what a Kstate or TTech is now.

Wait to see who the rival turns out to be.

Personally, the only clothing with red I have is Engineer (U.S. Army) related. Otherwise, you won't see any in my closet.

The cool thing about the PAC is I actually like most of the schools there. Have no feelings toward OSU and WSU, UW I could build some hate for but Seattle is pretty cool. I have never met a USC grad that has impressed me and this after living in SoCal for a few years. Utah I could see being annoying. Cal and Stanford are cool, hey, Stanford gave us Elway. UCLA is cool excluding the Slick Rick thing and then there are the two out in the desert that do their thing...

My point is, I don't see anyone worthy of being hated even half as much as NU that would warrant a ban on their colors.

Nope. It's going to take time for a rivalry to build w/ Utah, but they're red. I see per CU tradition, us grabbing the baddest dude on the block and calling them out. That means U$C (Red), you're on the hitlist and we're going to pick fights with you until we start winning consistently.

RED is out!

I feel like since UCB won't be playing Nebraska anymore that I need to become a Hawkeye fan. I will never will red, for as long as I live.

The four corners rivalry with Utah, Arizona and ASU will pick up steam rather quickly IMO, especially with the amount of AZ residents who attend CU.

CU/Utah needs some sort of trophy to go with their game. I'd like some indigenous Indian relic, a spear or something but I'm afraid those would be contraband in the liberal Pac 12. :p

Besides that, I still hate red, whether thats Ute Red, Wildcat Red, Trojan Red or whatever.

So on Wednesday during my wife's travel to the beach for the weekend, she stopped by the Marine Corps Exchange and all my kids got new USMC sweatshirts. They were really disappointed when, even though it is "Marine Corps Red," they couldn't wear their new sweats until Saturday. Well, now no restrictions on the red in my house... my wife will be happy about that part.

I don't think my Mother will drop the red ban quite so easily, I think she will still only drink "Blacky Mary's" (Bloody Mary with black food coloring)

Unfortunately even though the series is over Colorado is still infested with those red wearing cult members who managed to escape that state and move to Colorado. Even though we won't be playing them any more we will still have to put up with their incessant worship of anything related to the corn. Wearing to much red might assist them in their delusions that people actually want to hear about or see reminders of their obsession.

Probably a good idea to not to encourage the idiots unless you want to hear more about how great they are for beating some sub .500 FCS school by 27 in OOC play again.

Wear RED, be PROUD! That's what I say.

Buff fans need to get over their self induced inferiority complex.

Geesh!

Good luck in the 12-Pac!

I am done with them, will not live my life around a color. didn't care before quite honestly. Wearing a red golf shirt now. Just another color.

Back