What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Darrel Scott wants back?

I personally think it would be a mistake for him to play in 2010. He needs a redshirt year to get his head screwed on properly. He would have had to sit out a year somewhere else anyway, so this shouldn't be an issue. It would give him the proper time to set his priorities and work ethic.

I disagree a little. I think if he has made the commitment to come back and play, you need to get him into the mix. I don't think giving him time to think about things is very good idea. If he is DEDICATED to playing and to his team, I say get him in there so he knows what he is fighting for. After all this if he is not giving his team the effort he should be then sit him, redshirt, whatever.

I personally think it would be a mistake for him to play in 2010. He needs a redshirt year to get his head screwed on properly. He would have had to sit out a year somewhere else anyway, so this shouldn't be an issue. It would give him the proper time to set his priorities and work ethic.

Not to mention the fact that both B-Lock and Speedy are gone after 2011. Wouldn't hurt to have Scott bridge the gap to whomever steps up after those two guys.

I say let him walk on and see if he can actually EARN a spot on the team.

Agreed. If he wants to walk on and try to fight his way back onto the team, fine by me. Just don't want to see any special treatment given to him. He quit the team mid-season. That is ALMOST unforgivable.

watson would be a great addition to team he was a hell of a playerand if i remember right he did some wr coaching for denver. scott should have to prve himself to the team and coachs he really means it,grow up and show that 5 star rated running back was not a fluke or should have been a 1 or 2 star back, if he does then show us your stuff D

There would be a lot more to gain by allowing him back than there would be to not allowing him back. Him coming back, to me, would shed a really positive light on where the program is and why a kid would want to play here. Not letting him back, in some ways, could shed a negative light on the program as in, "the coaching staff at CU are vendictive A-holes."

There would be a lot more to gain by allowing him back than there would be to not allowing him back. Him coming back, to me, would shed a really positive light on where the program is and why a kid would want to play here. Not letting him back, in some ways, could shed a negative light on the program as in, "the coaching staff at CU are vendictive A-holes."

Well said. We will have to wait to see how this plays out. I'm sure there was things going on behind the scenes that will never be made public.

getting him back (under the right conditions) would be a big PR win for the program with the rank and file casual CU fans--not an insignificant thing to consider. would also not hurt as far as having a chance to sell the program to top recruits down the road instead of the negative recruiting and zero cred the the staff must have currently.

he and Hawk kinda need each other right now....from at least one perspective.

without the details i can't say i'd be for or against it. though, i'd like to believe it's a fixable situation. i don't see why the kid couldn't get academically eligible over the summer--particularly with the intensive Maymester CU offers now. the Dean's pardon thingy sounds weird, thought.

without the details i can't say i'd be for or against it. though, i'd like to believe it's a fixable situation. i don't see why the kid couldn't get academically eligible over the summer--particularly with the intensive Maymester CU offers now. the Dean's pardon thingy sounds weird, thought.

Man, I can't imagine taking multiple classes during Maymester. I forget what I took, but it was some sort of literature class and we were reading like two novels a week in there with papers on top of that. It took pretty much all of my time.

getting him back (under the right conditions) would be a big PR win for the program with the rank and file casual CU fans--not an insignificant thing to consider. would also not hurt as far as having a chance to sell the program to top recruits down the road instead of the negative recruiting and zero cred the the staff must have currently.

he and Hawk kinda need each other right now....from at least one perspective.

I don't see it this way - he is only trying to come back to CU because he couldn't get into another program. How is that a big PR win? As mentioned before, he may not be able to afford out-of-state tuition, so giving back the scholly right away is probably part of the consideration.

I think the biggest question for him to play in 2010 is: is he in shape?

Some wounds heal best with time and it sounds like redshirting in 2010 would honestly be the way to go.

I don't see it this way - he is only trying to come back to CU because he couldn't get into another program. How is that a big PR win? As mentioned before, he may not be able to afford out-of-state tuition, so giving back the scholly right away is probably part of the consideration.

PR is not always about the absolute truth. The casual fan probably does not know (or care?) that he was having a bit of time getting another major program to show much interest.

Man, I can't imagine taking multiple classes during Maymester. I forget what I took, but it was some sort of literature class and we were reading like two novels a week in there with papers on top of that. It took pretty much all of my time.

only one class in MM! i just mean 1 in MM, 1 in term A (june), 1 in term B (july) and the term that runs throughout the summer=12 hours, without even doubling up in A or B. i've taught summer a couple times and had many students (trying to graduate) who took two in A or B. if he's on-track minus the Spring, 12 hours should return his academic eligibility from what i understand. there's leeway between "being eligible" and being "on track to graduate" that seemed pretty generous when someone explained it to me once.

Last edited:

i'm not sure i see it that way either knowing very little about the details of what happened, but like Daaah says: the casual fan who we need and gets their sports opinions from Kensler or the FAN....it at least ends a seemingly endless runs of negatives for the program that make their way into the public culture. reconciliation is a nice story for people who like stories.

now, the other side of that is the PR disaster that would occur if Scott were allowed back and it flopped. old problems return or Hagan says something in practice that DS doesn't like and walks off.

Last edited:
I would say give him a shot to earn his way back. I wont put all of DScotts non production on coaching, he needs to have some accountability as well. He needs to step the hell up and do the work himself. Think he might finally realize he cant just show up or I hope that anyway. I understand what ur saying Mick but this second chance would have some strings. If he walked off, he would be gone. Last time I checked, it was DScott seeking Hawk, not the other way around. Someone close to the program probably knows more about the situation than we do.

. Not letting him back, in some ways, could shed a negative light on the program as in, "the coaching staff at CU are vendictive A-holes."
How can you be percieved as a vindictive a-hole with a chilled juice box in your hand?

Did DS find out the grass was not really greener?

Was DS afraid of Sumler, and now ready to come back since "that other DS" is now gone?

Did he have a moment of clarity whilst sharing a peace pipe with CE?

Can DS coach the WR's?

Is this a case of "anything Celestine can do, I can do better?"

Inquiring minds want to know.

This was "oh crap, no one else wants me" and I'm not as perceived to be as good as I think I am. It could be a trigger, who knows?

With all due repect, unless you know him personally you have no idea why he is coming back or what other options were out there for him.

If he can help the team and Hawk wants him back, I'm completely on board.

With all due repect, unless you know him personally you have no idea why he is coming back or what other options were out there for him.

If he can help the team and Hawk wants him back, I'm completely on board.

That could have applied to my post above too. Point taken. I am just making assumptions.

That could have applied to my post above too. Point taken. I am just making assumptions.

Fair enough, I just think the kid deserves the benefit of the doubt when it comes to his motives considering he hasn't spoken on the situation and hasn't dumped on CU on his way out.

I hope this works out for him in the end either way.

well if i was on the team i would welcome him back,it's not like they missed him he never got to play anyhow right?

I dont know about everyone else but if someone on my team quit in the middle of the season tried to play on another team and couldn't and then wanted to come back i would give him the finger.

View attachment 4577
pencil.png

Irv just gave a little snippet that ds doesn't want to come back and joe said CU didn't want him back. What does irv know? Anyone else hear anything?

Irv just gave a little snippet that ds doesn't want to come back and joe said CU didn't want him back. What does irv know? Anyone else hear anything?
Irv knows am radio, 8tracks, Geritol, Scott's Liquid Gold, The Brewery Bar and the mute button his remote.

"Be sure to go say hi to Dan who is now the asst manager at Kia Motors of Federal....Dan, do you still have that compact swing and power to the opposite field. Haha."

Gotta love Irv, the only guy guy that can start a sentence before he finishes one.

"Be sure to go say hi to Dan who is now the asst manager at Kia Motors of Federal....Dan, do you still have that compact swing and power to the opposite field. Haha."

Gotta love Irv, the only guy guy that can start a sentence before he finishes one.

Dan just does a heck of a job....

Dan just does a heck of a job....

You know, he played for Joe Bue over there at South. What a wonderful coach ol' Joe was. Loved to watch his kids play. Ranch a chicken ranch on the side, too. Ran that program up until 73, retired and let Steve Rimmershot take over. Steve, he ran a good program too. I remember this one kid he had that played CF for him back in 74-75. Kid could run like the wind. If he got on base, it was as good as a triple. Last I heard, he was growing corn out in the Wray area....

Back